Brisbane/Gold Coast

liewdes

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Planning to go on December for 8-9 days. Will fly to Brisbane airport.

Any suggestion how many days to stay in Brisbane follow by Gold Coast?
And also the attractions to visit. How far is Brisbane to Gold Coast? Should i rent a car and drive to Gold Coast or by train?

Other than Brisbane and Gold Coast, where else or other nearby city that i can go? Hope the get some tips from the expert.

Thanks in advance!

magna_strike

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Went brisbane for one week last year. From what i can say, central brisbane good to chill out and shop. From brisbane central to one of the gold coast beach stops, think is surfers paradise takes about 1hr by train, good to try that and enjoy the view on train. Chill out at one of the beaches and people watch. Lots of street malls on the beach area to eat at. In central brisbane, can explore the paths along the river at night and go see the ferris wheel also on opp bank. Mt cootha is good to visit for awesome views of the city, not sure about night visit as we went in the daytime early afternoon which is hot. But if u are taking bus up, note that got certain timings for to and fro from mt cootha. Miss the last bus and i dunno lah about u.. Haha

figo16

Banned
Reaction score
Brisbane is a boring, soulless city. I recommend you spend a maximum of 3 days there and visit North Stradbroke Island. N. Stradbroke Island is nice but you have to take train, bus and ferry to reach there. You have to take another bus at the island to reach Point lookout boardwalk.You can also visit Moreton Island. The rest of the city is boring.

Spend most of your time at Gold Coast. Gold Coast is fun. Many things to do and see. Can visit theme parks and self-drive to springbrook national park.

Last edited:

liewdes

Reaction score
Thanks.
Anymore nice place to recommend or how should i plan my itinerary for 7days if i land on Brisbane? Think i will rent a car as transport....

trailblaze

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
***** skip Brisbane n jus hoot GC lah!
I not been to Brisbane yet though... But heard it ain't tat fun.
I been to GC twice n still hav not explored it fully.
The many theme parks warrant a day at each so jus imagine how many days u need haaaa

limchooc

Reaction score
This is my last year's 9D/8N Gold Coast Brisbane and Sunshine Coast Itinerary for your reference.

Day 1 : 10 Dec 2018 (Mon) - Arrive at Gold Coast
Activity: Sky Point, Beach, Extreme Jet Boating

Day 2 : 11 Dec 2018 (Tue) - Gold Coast
Activity: DreamWorld Theme Park

Day 3 : 12 Dec 2018 (Wed) - Gold Coast -> Brisbane
Activity: Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary, Mt Coot-tha look up, Queen Street Shopping mall, Jan Power’s City Farmers Markets, CityHopper River Cruise, South Bank Parklands

Day 4 : 13 Dec 2018 (Thu) - Brisbane
Activity: Tangalooma Day trip

Day 5 : 14 Dec 2018 (Fri) - Brisbane -> Sunshine Coast
Activity: Glass house Mountains, Maleny Dairies Farm Tour, Montville
(Can also go to Aussie World and Zoo if you have young kids)

Day 6 : 15 Dec 2018 (Sat) - Sunshine Coast
Activity: Yandina “Ginger Factory”, Eumundi Market, Noosa Hastings Street

Day 7: 16 Dec 2018 (Sun) - Sunshine Coast - Gold Coast
Activity: Noosa National Park

Day 8: 17 Dec 2018 (Mon) - Gold Coast
Activity: Pacific Fair shopping center, Harbour Town outlet shopping Centre, Coolangatta border point between Queensland and NSW, Point Danger, Snapper Rock.

Day 9: 18 Dec 2018 (Tue) - Depart
Activities: Return Rental Car at the Airport and Depart

Lot of planning but the reward is my family enjoy the trip very much.

liewdes

Reaction score
GC twice still have not explore fully? Wow.

***** skip Brisbane n jus hoot GC lah!
I not been to Brisbane yet though... But heard it ain't tat fun.
I been to GC twice n still hav not explored it fully.
The many theme parks warrant a day at each so jus imagine how many days u need haaaa

liewdes

Reaction score
Wow, well plan itinerary.
You can covered so many places on day 8? I heard Harbour town outlet can spend a day there...
So you only went to 1 theme park(Dream world) and spent most of your times at Sunshine Coast. Nice place to visit?

This is my last year's 9D/8N Gold Coast Brisbane and Sunshine Coast Itinerary for your reference.

Day 1 : 10 Dec 2018 (Mon) - Arrive at Gold Coast
Activity: Sky Point, Beach, Extreme Jet Boating

Day 2 : 11 Dec 2018 (Tue) - Gold Coast
Activity: DreamWorld Theme Park

Day 3 : 12 Dec 2018 (Wed) - Gold Coast -> Brisbane
Activity: Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary, Mt Coot-tha look up, Queen Street Shopping mall, Jan Power’s City Farmers Markets, CityHopper River Cruise, South Bank Parklands

Day 4 : 13 Dec 2018 (Thu) - Brisbane
Activity: Tangalooma Day trip

Day 5 : 14 Dec 2018 (Fri) - Brisbane -> Sunshine Coast
Activity: Glass house Mountains, Maleny Dairies Farm Tour, Montville
(Can also go to Aussie World and Zoo if you have young kids)

Day 6 : 15 Dec 2018 (Sat) - Sunshine Coast
Activity: Yandina “Ginger Factory”, Eumundi Market, Noosa Hastings Street

Day 7: 16 Dec 2018 (Sun) - Sunshine Coast - Gold Coast
Activity: Noosa National Park

Day 8: 17 Dec 2018 (Mon) - Gold Coast
Activity: Pacific Fair shopping center, Harbour Town outlet shopping Centre, Coolangatta border point between Queensland and NSW, Point Danger, Snapper Rock.

Day 9: 18 Dec 2018 (Tue) - Depart
Activities: Return Rental Car at the Airport and Depart

Lot of planning but the reward is my family enjoy the trip very much.

limchooc

Reaction score
You can covered so many places on day 8? I heard Harbour town outlet can spend a day there...
So you only went to 1 theme park(Dream world) and spent most of your times at Sunshine Coast. Nice place to visit?

The hotel I stay is actually very near to Pacific Fair so we spent half a day (day 8) there and have our burger lunch there too. After that we check out the hotel move on to Harbour town outlet and spent almost the entire afternoon there. Then we move on to check in the hotel near the airport following by visiting the rest of the landmarks (touch and go only) which is not too far away from the hotel near airport and have our dinner there too. The reason we stay near the airport is because we have an early morning flight (Scoot) to catch on the next day (day 9).

Yes, I only went to one theme park as my children (all teenage) don't really enjoy the theme park ride. Dream world is not just a theme park, it got a mini zoo there too. You can skip the jet boat and replace with another theme park like Sea World if you prefer theme park.

Sunshine Coast is more for those who like nature. We have two trekking done there one at Glass house mountains and the other at Noosa National park.

Last edited:

limchooc

Reaction score

The hotel I stay is actually very near to Pacific Fair so we spent half a day (day 8) there and have our burger lunch there too. After that we check out the hotel move on the Harbour town outlet and spent almost the entire afternoon there. Then we move on to check in the hotel near the airport following by visiting the rest of the landmark which is not too far away from the hotel near airport and have our dinner there too. The reason we stay near the airport is because we have an early morning flight to catch on the next day (day 9).

Yes, I only went to one theme park as my children (all teenage) don't really enjoy the theme park ride. Dream world is not just a theme park, it got a mini zoo there too. You can skip the jet boat and replace with another theme park like Sea World if you prefer theme park.

Sunshine Coast is more for those who like nature. We have two trekking done there one at Glass mountain and the other at Noorsa National park.

winningeleven

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes. U should rent a car and self drive. Especially if u want to explore elsewhere away from goldcoast

I also feel brisbane has nothing much to offer. Goldcoast is about 100km South of brisbane with a A leisurely 1 hours plus drive.

Assumed u r departing from brisbane then probably u can allocate 1 night stay at brisbane before u fly off.

poonyq

Reaction score
Do you rent with $0 excess or with excess that with lower rental fee?
Need to apply for international driving license? Thanks

of cos the $0 excess. save time and trouble. they have deals if you know how to read them, like my recent august trip, i booked in end june. 7 days Outlander with Roadside assistance and $0 excess is $314.

Singapore Licence no need IDP. it's widely accepted in AUS.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.