NIE admission anyone? - Part 2

flykickscreamhan

Reaction score
I interviewed on 17 July (3rd week of July) but only just got the Processing Email today.

Did any one who interviewed during the 3rd week of July just got their Processing Email too?
I interviewed on 16th July, secondary math/physics. No processing email, no EPT email. Still waiting anxiously for some sort of update.

amyyee

Reaction score
I interviewed on 17 July (3rd week of July) but only just got the Processing Email today.

Did any one who interviewed during the 3rd week of July just got their Processing Email too?
Yes, same here! My interview was on the 18 July.
Just received the processing email and status changed to shortlisted today.

MOE also replied to my email regarding updates for Music Audition EPT.
"We would like to confirm that you will not be required to sit for the Music Audition EPT on 19-23 August 2019. The email to you on 22 July 2019 for input of your availability for the relevant EPTs was intended to facilitate the test arrangements if required."

cherdarren

Reaction score

Me too, interview date same as you. What subject you shortlisted for?

glutenmagic

Reaction score
Yes, same here! My interview was on the 18 July.
Just received the processing email and status changed to shortlisted today.

MOE also replied to my email regarding updates for Music Audition EPT.
"We would like to confirm that you will not be required to sit for the Music Audition EPT on 19-23 August 2019. The email to you on 22 July 2019 for input of your availability for the relevant EPTs was intended to facilitate the test arrangements if required."

Congrats on being shortlisted! Mine is still "In Process" so am not keeping my hopes up. Took them slightly longer than the usual 3 weeks to send the update email haha.

Me too, interview date same as you. What subject you shortlisted for?
Art (Pri). I saw that Chinese interviews were held at the same venue too. Hope we get favourable results soon! Was your status changed to "shortlisted"?

flykickscreamhan

Reaction score
Nope I didn’t receive any email related to EPT actually so I think if you didn’t receive EPT email it’s fine probably means you don’t have to take it :)

Ok I think probably not to worry if any of us havent received any EPT avail email, since sunnysideupp did not receive any EPT email and s/he got shortlisted also. Let's be hopeful, those who didn't receive anything yet. I'm with you!

Last edited:

monkeybro

Reaction score
hi peepes, i just found out this forum. My time line is something like this.

May window-application
8 July - called up for interview
24 July - interview
29 July - EPT availability email
13 Aug - confirmation of EPT
13 Aug - processing email
20 Aug - EPT exam for MTL

anyone has similar timeline?

anyone going for the exam together?

was pretty confused that i was required to go for EPT, I got A1 for chinese and chinese lit in o level, and A for H2 chinese lit in A level. lolzzz. confused.

Max_power

Reaction score
hi peepes, i just found out this forum. My time line is something like this.

May window-application
8 July - called up for interview
24 July - interview
29 July - EPT availability email
13 Aug - confirmation of EPT
13 Aug - processing email
20 Aug - EPT exam for MTL

anyone has similar timeline?

anyone going for the exam together?

was pretty confused that i was required to go for EPT, I got A1 for chinese and chinese lit in o level, and A for H2 chinese lit in A level. lolzzz. confused.

Am surprised you need to attempt EPT. Good luck. Guess you've applied for the Secondary track?

juggernaut7

Reaction score
Hello all, I would really appreciate if anybody could give me some feedback/advice. I am 33, looking to do a mid career change into teaching or the counsellor role. I have applied almost 10 times but still no luck. I am from poly, went to university in Canada (famous in Ca not in Sg), worked in Journalism, now in an MNC. I know on paper my profile is not strong and im very willing to do a masters in education to up my chances to becoming a teacher. I applied again in July recently, but I got feeling Im going to be rejected again. I know NIE and NUS has masters in education (but that looks targeted at teachers). What else can I do? Please don’t ask me to go for tuition centre, my goal is to be MOE teacher or counsellor. Thank you so much.
Hi,
I just finish teaching practice in Mar 2019 after PGDE Sec training.
I'm 40, a mid career switch. My advise is think carefully when you want to teach.
I'm comfortably working with one of the most admirable company in Sg b4 I decided to join teaching partly bcos of my volunteer work with at-risk youth.
But I realized now I'm doing lots of **** work not related to teaching. And its impossible for me to finish all the markings/tasks in school. Always need to bring back work.

But I think positive just to pacify myself- the students will brighten your day even though there will be those who can really really test your patience.

All the best.

Sasha12

Reaction score
Does anyone have any updates? Esp those who was interviewed 4-5 weeks ago? Should receive results by now right?

surferpunk

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm 40, a mid career switch. My advise is think carefully when you want to teach.
I'm comfortably working with one of the most admirable company in Sg b4 I decided to join teaching partly bcos of my volunteer work with at-risk youth.
But I realized now I'm doing lots of **** work not related to teaching. And its impossible for me to finish all the markings/tasks in school. Always need to bring back work.

But I think positive just to pacify myself- the students will brighten your day even though there will be those who can really really test your patience.

All the best.

Don't worry bro! You'll get better once you get the hang of it. Just remember, Teach Less, Learn More, Mark Less, Stress More. Hahaha!

Worse case scenario, try to get into another school with a better environment. Some schools have toxic environments. It's like a roll of dice when they finally deploy you to a school. If still cannot, just quit and teach tuition.

Otherwise, I'm impressed that this thread is still alive after more than 10 years!

Vista5

Reaction score
Hi may I know what are the pass fail modules for PGDE? Does results affect our pay?

Hi,

All the best.

nurrbmn

Reaction score
Hi all,

I went for my pgde interview on the 11th july, received the ept email a week after and another email that informed that my application is still in process on 2nd Aug. Careers@gov status still in process. So far no updates yet :/

How about the rest here, any updates?

Last edited:

Mantoyak

Reaction score
Hi all,

I went for my pgde interview on the 11th july, received the ept email a week after and another email that informed that my application is still in process on 2nd Aug. Careers@gov status still in process. So far no updates yet :/

How about the rest here, any updates?

Hi, no updates but they have requested to submit CPF contribution for 2019. Shortlisted for PE.

TapiocaTea

Reaction score
Hello, first time posting here. No updates for me either; went for interview on 01 July but nothing else after that other than the EPT availability email (08 Jul) and processing email (31 Jul). Status also still “In Process”, sigh.

glutenmagic

Reaction score
I suspect that the wait will be longer than usual, as MOE may want to collate our applications with the upcoming August batch. Since both batches are entering service at the same time.

Last edited:

bsastor

Reaction score
Hey guys, is it a good time now to enter the teaching profession with a mid career change?:s11:

Lynnie_xoxo

Reaction score
Hi there! I hope that your positivity will keep you going! I believe the teaching field is not easy either! Just got to keep going no matter what. Hang in there!

Anyways, could you share what kind of **** work are there? I would appreciate if u could go into details as that would def help aspiring teachers like myself out there to have better prep before we really decide to enter the field... U can pm me too! Thanks alot bro! And keep going!!!

Hi,

All the best.

surferpunk

Reaction score
Hey guys, is it a good time now to enter the teaching profession with a mid career change?:s11:

probably. with recession looming ahead, having a stable job with the govt, in this case being a teacher, might be good. the only problem is if you can adapt. some skills are transferable but there's lots of new things for you to learn. most of the older gen teachers are already struggling with the changes.

usually, those with a mid career change don't really care about the money. they just want the longer holidays and don't mind cramping the extra hours during school days.

surferpunk

Reaction score
Hi there! I hope that your positivity will keep you going! I believe the teaching field is not easy either! Just got to keep going no matter what. Hang in there!

Anyways, could you share what kind of **** work are there? I would appreciate if u could go into details as that would def help aspiring teachers like myself out there to have better prep before we really decide to enter the field... U can pm me too! Thanks alot bro! And keep going!!!

let's just say you are also the cleaner, the politician, the marketeer, the event organiser, the student, the psychologist, the motivational speaker, the contractor, the interior designer, the event facilitator, the admin worker, the marker, the salesperson, the customer support officer and of cos, lastly, the teacher. and maybe some others that I might forget. it may be fulfilling but it all depends on your school environment and your emotional capacity.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.