Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it - Part 2

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info

ashyboy

Reaction score
What do you want to know? Find lawyer, fight case if innocent.

Ask him to give info to police and nail the jokers once and for all.

Doubt he is innocent, just lost on what to do

Knew about his money problems few months ago but didn’t expect to be involved with LS

green72

Reaction score
I’m sorry everyone, I understand what you guys are feeling as since Tuesday, some people have been coming to knock at our place, creating issues. I understand he has done a mistake and has to pay his price - we are just worried about what to do for now as police are not allowing to speak to him
Let the process run it's course. He's in remand so food and lodging taken care of.

Why need to worry? Remand prison will provide him the basic necessity. In due course, the court will contact his family. It's safe inside there.

seowliao

Reaction score
I’m sorry everyone, I understand what you guys are feeling as since Tuesday, some people have been coming to knock at our place, creating issues. I understand he has done a mistake and has to pay his price - we are just worried about what to do for now as police are not allowing to speak to him

just hope that he will render 101% cooperation with SPF and pin down more of these behind the scene scammer

Wrongmove

Reaction score
How are things so far? 12 days of ghosting now. Hope everyone is standing strong and fearless.

Bebe2019

Reaction score
I am new here. My hus went to some gambling counselling group. In Feb tis yr, after getting many calls from AL, he heed the counselling group advise and change his HP no. He did not tell us about the change in HP no. until we called his HP and the no. is not in used. We as his family members are not notify at all. in Apr tis yr, AL send letter to us, hus say nothing will happen and did not want make any police report. A week later, 2nd letter come, he say the same things again. 3 days later police come, ask him to go to police station for assistance as my neighbour make a police report as he received the letter also. Hus still say the same things nothing will happen. 4 mths later, AL come & splash paint, neighbour make police report. Police wan hus to go police station for assistance. Hus still say the same old things, nothing will happen. 2 wks later, AL send letter to my house, say splash paint is only a warning, they will come & put fire. Hus still say nothing will happen. This time I went to the police station to make a report. 2 days later I overheard my neighbour talking behind my back about all these AL. I was v worried and cant get to sleep, but hus can easily eat & sleep like nothing has happened. When will all my ordeal stop? Will AL come and set fire? I am v v worried, pls advice

Hang on there, stay strong

Wrongmove

Reaction score
Hi all my managers susgest that when the LS or scammer called my workplace again, asking me to open an account, they asked me to tell him straight and tell them I've report to the police. Will that be a good idea?

Reaction score
Hi all my managers susgest that when the LS or scammer called my workplace again, asking me to open an account, they asked me to tell him straight and tell them I've report to the police. Will that be a good idea?

They not always scared because some are not even physically in Singapore. Rather than talk to them, just tell them no such person or wrong number better. Once they come to dead end, they will give up faster. If there is nobody to threaten, they just move on.

Reaction score
Doubt he is innocent, just lost on what to do

Knew about his money problems few months ago but didn’t expect to be involved with LS

I'm sure many runners are also blinded to think that they can escape by being a runner, they fall even deeper with the issues and now even have the police hunting them plus the heavy penalties. All victims of these scammers, they must be stopped.

Bebe2019

Reaction score
Hi have anyone here gone try this scenario, took loan of x00 to pay bk x00 within a week. But when comes the time to make payment he said pay x00 coz not enough account. So u paid. What happens next do they ask to pay the balance of the outstanding or still pay partial of the amount? What happened if u find this not as per your agreement and decide to be ghost? What happens next? Or pay whatever u owe and be ghost after that? Thanks

green72

Reaction score
Hi have anyone here gone try this scenario, took loan of x00 to pay bk x00 within a week. But when comes the time to make payment he said pay x00 coz not enough account. So u paid. What happens next do they ask to pay the balance of the outstanding or still pay partial of the amount? What happened if u find this not as per your agreement and decide to be ghost? What happens next? Or pay whatever u owe and be ghost after that? Thanks
bebe2019, if you've read ALL of part 1 and 2 of this thread, you realise that they will want you to always make partial payment only. When they have enough collection for the week, they will say no more account to purposely default you.

To us, we will honour the agreement but they prefer to not honour because they are crooks. If they stick to the agreement, they can't earn as much as they do and better off becoming honest fruit seller.

We know it pains for you to owe money, even to a LS. But isn't it wrong to support their activities which ultimately drives to destroy lives?

We acknowledged that we have made a mistake in dealing with them. To pay is only to continue making another mistake over another.

Some realises only after paying so much, why not better off using that money to settle your initial financial issues?

Pull the handbrake by ghosting them. We will continue to support anyone from this menace.

Not paying is the first move. Continue to preserve.

Last edited:

Bebe2019

Reaction score
bebe2019, if you've read ALL of part 1 and 2 of this thread, you realise that they will want you to always make partial payment only. When they have enough collection for the week, they will say no more account to purposely default you.

To us, we will honour the agreement but they prefer to not honour because they are crooks. If they stick to the agreement, they can't earn as much as they do and better off becoming honest fruit seller.

We know it pains for you to owe money, even to a LS. But isn't it wrong to support their activities which ultimately drives to destroy lives?

We acknowledged that we have made a mistake in dealing with them. To pay is only to continue making another mistake over another.

Some realises only after paying so much, why not better off using that money to settle your initial financial issues?

Pull the handbrake by ghosting them. We will continue to support anyone from this menace.

Not paying is the first move. Continue to preserve.

OK I got it, thanks green.

tokuyama

Reaction score
Hi guys! New to this forum but am immensely heartened by the community support and amount of helpful advice/ stories shared!

With regards to ghosting Loan Sharks, on average how long will the harassment last till they finally give up?

Kekasihhati

Reaction score
Today another runner has been arrested. This is Singapore. With one act of physical harassment, you confirmed kena caught. Cctv is everywhere.

Dont be scared with all the LS. They are not even shark. They are puppy who is hiding behind and command a coward kitten to do the work.

Breathe in. Move forward!

Kekasihhati

Reaction score
As for me i didnt owe them money. I havebeen feeding them money. Loan smamed. Big scammer no face. Ask money as if i owe them. Walauwey. Annoying *******!

green72

Reaction score
As for me i didnt owe them money. I havebeen feeding them money. Loan smamed. Big scammer no face. Ask money as if i owe them. Walauwey. Annoying *******!

Yeah, for those "owing" them money, the physiological effect is enormous.

The earlier these victims realise no harm will come to them or their loved ones, the faster they get back their lives.

All the steps given in this thread, up to them to strictly follow.

green72

Reaction score
Hi guys! New to this forum but am immensely heartened by the community support and amount of helpful advice/ stories shared!

With regards to ghosting Loan Sharks, on average how long will the harassment last till they finally give up?
Depends, no rule of thumb. If within a month no more harassment then good to go.

But all depends, logic dictates that if a victim owe $300 from LS, will they continue their effort for a year if victims ghost them? I guess not worthwhile.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.