Malaysia prepaid card

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I need a sim card for 2 days, mainly for data and call. Which sim card should I get and where can I get it cheap. Best is just plug and use type.
Thanks in advance.

Digi Prepaid from MyNews in some shopping malls (which one will you be closest to?), or I saw some stocks left in KSL Tesco last week...

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Digi Prepaid from MyNews in some shopping malls (which one will you be closest to?), or I saw some stocks left in KSL Tesco last week...

Going in after 2pm, think will do either check in or Paradigm first. Paradigm got any shop carry it?

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Going in after 2pm, think will do either check in or Paradigm first. Paradigm got any shop carry it?

Have! I got one from there before, just that it's from the dealer shop as I was aiming a particular number. :D

But there are a few MyNews outlets there... 3, IIRC. One of them is one floor down from the Digi dealer shop, near the escalators (nearest telco shops). I went there to check and they'd stock back then - no harm checking. ;)

Edit: According to their directory, GF-33A, 4F-23... Otherwise check with Digi dealer shop Level 3 Lot 50, coz I remember going down instead of up... they're the ones who pointed me to MyNews for RRP SIM packs.

Last edited:

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Have! I got one from there before, just that it's from the dealer shop as I was aiming a particular number. :D

But there are a few MyNews outlets there... 3, IIRC. One of them is one floor down from the Digi dealer shop, near the escalators (nearest telco shops). I went there to check and they'd stock back then - no harm checking. ;)

Edit: According to their directory, Level G Lot 33A, Level 4 Lot 23... Otherwise check with Digi dealer shop Level 3 Lot 50, coz I remember going down instead of up... they're the ones who pointed me to MyNews for RRP SIM packs.

Thanks, you mean the digi 20rm for 7 days 9GB right? :D

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks, you mean the digi 20rm for 7 days 9GB right? :D

(Edited again with easier-to-understand unit numbers from MyNews website.)

If you get from MyNews, it's just the starter pack at RRP, and you'll have to subscribe to any addition data yourself.

The one I got from the Digi dealer shop (Digi Store Express) was already packaged with a 30-day data... can't recall how much.

Edit: Oh, if you mean the dealer shop package, it depends. The one I got from Paradigm came with a BiGBonus data plan, and the one from Nusa Bestari came with a Cili Padi XL pass. Both were 30-day ones.

Last edited:

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
(Edited again with easier-to-understand unit numbers from MyNews website.)

If you get from MyNews, it's just the starter pack at RRP, and you'll have to subscribe to any addition data yourself.

The one I got from the Digi dealer shop (Digi Store Express) was already packaged with a 30-day data... can't recall how much.

Edit: Oh, if you mean the dealer shop package, it depends. The one I got from Paradigm came with a BiGBonus data plan, and the one from Nusa Bestari came with a Cili Padi XL pass. Both were 30-day ones.

Thanks.
Have you heard of mobile unfi, share by my colleague. Suitable for those of you going jb often.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes, Unifi mobile.
Wow digi got reward, so good. Too bad I don't go often, if not can get the same plan as yours.
Digi Rewards are from the MyDigi app, and I think pretty much identical among the various versions. Except if user has spent or topped up to go from Yellow to Gold tier, for example, then the offers will be slightly better.

If you've already got your Digi card, can download the app and explore.

Can share what Digi plan you using ?
Latest plan/version is mainly Digi Live Prepaid 2017 IIRC, except maybe the Yong Peng rest stop may offer the old Digi Best.

Not too sure, but maybe they still allow switching from Digi Live to Digi Best, upgrade to the latest version, but not go back to an old plan.

Andrew833

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2744490005580353&id=100000581411033

Hi fellow foreigners especially from Singapore!

Here are the plan for ONEXOX.

Prepaid: Active validity of 28 months! quota data can carry forward.
Black: Monthly plan with no hassle, no contract!

If you are in JB, do please contact our closest ONEXOX dealer, Mr Syafiq Ikhwan. Bring your original passport and subscribe ONEXOX!

Any enquiries do please contact us!

Syafiq Ikhwan
+601157770509
wasap.my/601157770509
#ONEXOXCitizenSimcard

Time so bad, have to advertise in forum.

ct

Reaction score
Anyone using Umobile ? The CSO told me cannot top up prepaid using foreign credit card , need Malaysia credit card .

WinMe

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone using Umobile ? The CSO told me cannot top up prepaid using foreign credit card , need Malaysia credit card .

Can use Singapore issued Debit/Credit Card to Top up.
In fact, you can purchase an e-Load voucher online. Try Google. :s13:

tiertime

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone successfully bought the RM8 Data card the at JBCC Komtar ?

for past 1 year i been there on 4 occasions, they always either no stock or tell me cannot register SIM card on the internet.... :vijayadmin:

RockStar9238

Reaction score
I have been using maxis card so far so good. They have app which can show the expiry date and just rm5 to top up every 50 days and buy data depend on the days and gb ranging from rm3 onwards.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone successfully bought the RM8 Data card the at JBCC Komtar ?

for past 1 year i been there on 4 occasions, they always either no stock or tell me cannot register SIM card on the internet.... :vijayadmin:

What RM8 data card are you referring to, exactly? Which telco? Prepaid card, or the card actually comes with data included?

Where in Komtar JBCC? The Maxis dealer or myNews?

TsQ

Master Member
Reaction score
I been using Hotlink for the last 5 yrs... one of the older plan which allows me to pay like RM35 for 1 year validity. However I am there often for work so topping up to stay active is not an issue.

Recently i also got the free UniFi Prepaid... but duuno why speed very bad. And when inside buildings the data connection is totally gone.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.