Comparison of SIM only plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Synnexo

Reaction score
There is no conflict ah, just sharing my view for op. I didn't want to remember when contract over and fuss over such issues, which is why I preferred sh simonly earlier.

Forum is a place to exchange opinions & information. Some will be nice & there will be some who likes to create visions based on their assumptions & always being critical about others. Some simply want to make noise.

On remembering stuff, make use of the calendar app or most telco app should have information about package details.

Hmm those who didnt get sms how to get this plan

Try calling 1688 to check with the CSO if can extend to u. If can't then hop to others.

townman

Reaction score
There is no conflict ah, just sharing my view for op. I didn't want to remember when contract over and fuss over such issues, which is why I preferred sh simonly earlier.

You don't need to remember, before your contract end, they will email/sms you re-contract offer

mankind66

Reaction score
On remembering stuff, make use of the calendar app or most telco app should have information about package details..

I remind myself of appointments by sending timed sms to myself with a future date. But not all phone has this feature.
Just set the date to one day before the actual date.
pDyQRxl.jpg

Last edited:

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For those who switched from the older Starhub plan to the SIM only plan, better check your bill properly.

I got an additional $19 data charge in the bill. Called up Starhub and CSO waived the excess for me.

arctic_silver

Reaction score
For those lucky few who sign early, M1 initially gave free weekend data till Dec 2020 and free caller id (no mention till when). Now it's only 3 mths and after that they will start charging $6 for weekend data and $5 for caller id

feigningfancy

Master Member
Reaction score
Wah. Respnse too good and downgrade benefits liao

For those lucky few who sign early, M1 initially gave free weekend data till Dec 2020 and free caller id (no mention till when). Now it's only 3 mths and after that they will start charging $6 for weekend data and $5 for caller id

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I guess the people now more or less can see and realise how significant the profits generated for the telcos by charging postpaid users for caller ID is... so much so that they are willing to take the risk and make such a suicidal move to stop providing it for free as a basic VAS. :s13:

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

ceestudent

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I guess the people now more or less can see and realise how significant the profits generated for the telcos by charging postpaid users for caller ID is... so much so that they are willing to take the risk and make such a suicidal move to stop providing it for free as a basic VAS. :s13:

Maybe M1 customer has reach the target. Notice recently the speed is slower when open video or browse a web

dodongdodong

Master Member
Reaction score

I was one if the lucky ones but decided to port to gomo cos I find M1 slow. gomo is just sufficient for my needs

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Yeah. Caller-ID has long been cash-cow of all mobile operators. Only when MVNOs came in to play and change the whole landscape.

Imagine if you give caller Id free, operator is losing $5x2,000,000 sub=$10,000,000. That is why operators long dont want to give it free.

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

More MVNOs help to bring down our mobile costs. Telcos share prices also plunged.

IMDA collects more fees.

Win win for regulators and consumers. Bad news for shareholders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.