Recommendation: Reliable workshops in JB

ngweiquan

Reaction score
Hi I am new here. Anyone here driving Land Rover who services in JB? Can point me to your workshop please?

Was quoted $1,500++ for new main pulley and $300++ for servicing in SG.

Cheers.

liquidh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Someone asked about Land Rover not too long ago in this thread. Maybe you can search and pm the guy.

stam

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi I am new here. Anyone here driving Land Rover who services in JB? Can point me to your workshop please?

Was quoted $1,500++ for new main pulley and $300++ for servicing in SG.

Cheers.

I checked, LR AD I think in KL Penang only. JB don’t have.

I ask in this thread before, got someone reply me JB no LR AD.

Workshops I think those regular introduced here.

ngweiquan

Reaction score
Did you manage to find a workshop you like?

Where did you go in the end?

I checked, LR AD I think in KL Penang only. JB don’t have.

I ask in this thread before, got someone reply me JB no LR AD.

Workshops I think those regular introduced here.

chiusk

Reaction score
Click nowadays quite slipshod in their work, did my 10k servicing there, din bother to blow clean my aircon filter, last time when yuan was at the old place they blow clean my air-con filter as well as air intake filter.
Quite disappointed with their service standard

heading to Click soon for 30k interval.

now at 28k...

SuperSprint

Reaction score
Click nowadays quite slipshod in their work, did my 10k servicing there, din bother to blow clean my aircon filter, last time when yuan was at the old place they blow clean my air-con filter as well as air intake filter.

Click now is focus more on overhaul jobs then those ad-hoc small jobs like normal servicing.

Guess is the profit margin higher for overhaul jobs and they can slowly do it and earn more.

Normal servicing other ws can do also, only go to click when need thier expertise to troubleshoot etc. They are really good I must say

Oil leaks gear problem they somehow will pinpoint the fault accurately

I also trying to look for other ws for normal oil change and servicing.

earthtk

Reaction score
Click now is focus more on overhaul jobs then those ad-hoc small jobs like normal servicing.

Guess is the profit margin higher for overhaul jobs and they can slowly do it and earn more.

Normal servicing other ws can do also, only go to click when need thier expertise to troubleshoot etc. They are really good I must say

Oil leaks gear problem they somehow will pinpoint the fault accurately

I also trying to look for other ws for normal oil change and servicing.
Any other ws you been and recommend? LCH?

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT

ngweiquan

Reaction score
Sorry I can’t reply pm as I have less than 10 post counts.

I just bought a 2014 Freelander 2 and my consumption was 7.5km/l on my first tank, now on track for 8.2km/l after changing to a new sets of tyres.

I’m guessing I’ll probably get to 8.5km/l - 9km/l after servicing and changing the main pulley.

I bought the parts from nam seng auto and install at workshop in Singapore. Which LR model are you driving?

naulium

Reaction score
I'm guessing your engine mounts, assuming you've checked for loose items that could be rattling against the plastic compartments. Easy check to check is to open your bonnet, engage D with someone stepping on the brake for you, and you double-check if the sound is coming from the engine bay.
Or you can drive down to CarClick and ask someone to confirm the problem for you, as well as to get pricing and book an appointment if they are packed or if you don't want to wait.

Thank you for your response. May I know what is the price range at carclick to do engine mount and if needed for gearbox maintenance?

xiaozhi86

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

yup and both like to give black face for no reason. time to look for another workshop

SuperSprint

Reaction score
Maybe can go back to LCH

LCH must face the boss black face when going there.
The last check with him on trye price and asked about bring own parts for servicing. He say no more such service, meaning must buy his parts for service.

I am looking around Bukit indah area, BTS paintshop around there got few WS.
Might drop by there see which shop can do alignment and balancing.

stam

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sorry I can’t reply pm as I have less than 10 post counts.

I just bought a 2014 Freelander 2 and my consumption was 7.5km/l on my first tank, now on track for 8.2km/l after changing to a new sets of tyres.

I’m guessing I’ll probably get to 8.5km/l - 9km/l after servicing and changing the main pulley.

Great! Thanks for sharing!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.