Dream Cruise is Docking In Singapore (World Dream)

Ahboy44

Reaction score
Ask for vacuum pack but make sure remove the shell else x-ray scan can see the durian thorns. :D

I am joking too. Bringing durian up is too crazy. Even during their VIP durian session few months back. I think they use crane to bring the durians to the top deck too.

HolySleepy

Master Member
Reaction score
Correction. You can do the early check in as early as 4pm but the boarding time for PD trips are strictly starting at 5.30pm instead. You check in at 4pm you get to board around 5.30 to 6pm. if you check in after 5pm. You can expect to squeeze and wait with the ahnehs until 6.30 to 7pm to board. Not advisable if you are bringjng young kids should just check in early and wait. You can taobao simple rice to eat inside the terminal while waiting. The 4.30pm boarding time only applies to weekend trip to Bintan. Hope this info can help you for your September trip.

Such late boarding time. It is supposed to be 2N malacca trip. Jus that it got changed to call at PD. So for 2N malacca trip is also strictly boarding from 530pm?
Is there 24H cafe w free food like RC promenade?

Ahboy44

Reaction score
Such late boarding time. It is supposed to be 2N malacca trip. Jus that it got changed to call at PD. So for 2N malacca trip is also strictly boarding from 530pm?

They can change the destination anytime they want or like without any compensation or refund. Previously I think there was bombing at Surabaya they change it to Jakarta instead and there are massive traffic jams for passengers who went down.

Ahboy44

Reaction score

They have the 24 hour snack corner on level 16 outside the lido but be warned that there are lots of Indians dating there especially at night during supper time and they have no manners too. If you have young kids try to avoid. Alternatively you can go to blue lagoon from 11pm to 1am. They have one dollar deal that includes a noodle soup. A fried rice. Chicken wings and some snacks. It's quite worth it.

Last edited:

lilycll

Reaction score
I am joking too. Bringing durian up is too crazy. Even during their VIP durian session few months back. I think they use crane to bring the durians to the top deck too.

The smell will stay for long time especially if bring inside those aircon areas. That's why Durian Event was held in top open deck and by crane.

lilycll

Reaction score
I usually go on such trips but never once boarding starts before 4pm. Even when staying under suites is also start boarding at 5.30pm. sometimes they do events on the ship for corporate. The guests will board the ship at around lunch time for a few hours. I went for 7 trips already still the same timing for check in.

I was surprised too with the early boarding and first time encountering this. Boarding was so smooth that was already in cabin within 15mins.

They do occasionally organise visitors from media (like some youtubers videos) etc to visit and for marketing or advertisement. Meals were also provided to make visitors happy and to make photos or videos look attractive.

Ahboy44

Reaction score
I was surprised too with the early boarding and first time encountering this. Boarding was so smooth that was already in cabin within 15mins.

They do occasionally organise visitors from media (like some youtubers videos) etc to visit and for marketing or advertisement. Meals were also provided to make visitors happy and to make photos or videos look attractive.

The same goes for the travel agents or immigration officers coming up on board during port Klang or port Dickson trip for meals and tour too.

Winterdews

Reaction score
Even for weekend cruise they reach Singapore around 10am on Sunday morning but the check in for Sunday cruise starts at 12 or 1pm onwards too.

This suggestion is for guys with time and eager to go early to wait there. All up to individual preferences.

Unless you are Palace guest all others in order to board early must take the 1st few queue groups. You will be surprise alot of people go so early to wait.

For all my 2 to 5 nights cruise when i disembark i can already see many people in the departure area waiting. So if you come based on the counter/kiosk open timing your queue group will be quite behind.

I usually check in around 1hr or 30 minutes before boarding time close. It will be smooth smooth all the way to i tab my cabin card at the assembly area.

Last edited:

Ahboy44

Reaction score
This suggestion is for guys with time and eager to go early to wait there. All up to individual preferences.

Unless you are Palace guest all others in order to board early must take the 1st few queue groups. You will be surprise alot of people go so early to wait.

For all my 2 to 5 nights cruise when i disembark i can already see many people in the departure area waiting. So if you come based on the counter/kiosk open timing your queue group will be quite behind.

I usually check in around 1hr or 30 minutes before boarding time close. It will be smooth smooth all the way to i tab my cabin card at the assembly area.

You are right. Actually the best way is your method. I like to check in when it's about to board. I am not a palace regular though I can get priority check in through palace queue most of the time.

pro555x

Reaction score
Redeem room or cruise is more worth.

Try not to use the Redeem menu found at the bottom of the page. Use the Book menu which allow you to specify number of Adult. Ideally you should first register your parents as member first otherwise will have to pay extra.

Did you manage to see how much Plus Point you have for your 18TP?

Hi Lilycll, thank you.

Sorry for the late reply, I managed to get 6k PP with 18TP.

Just booked at 3D2N Bintan trip for 4.5K PP balcony stateroom. Haven't invite my parents yet. Going to grind my PP so that the surcharge is not so expensive.

Do you think 18TP will be enough to get a complimentary room using Hotline?

lilycll

Reaction score
Hi Lilycll, thank you.

Sorry for the late reply, I managed to get 6k PP with 18TP.

Just booked at 3D2N Bintan trip for 4.5K PP balcony stateroom. Haven't invite my parents yet. Going to grind my PP so that the surcharge is not so expensive.

Do you think 18TP will be enough to get a complimentary room using Hotline?

Non-Member surcharge SGD35 per pax per night (SGD140) plus Sea Port Charges SGD65/pax (SGD130) plus Gratuity SGD21/pax/night (SGD84) are still cheaper than paying for the full fare. Better to pay by cash if this is possible instead of point as point better for cruise redemption. Next trip they still need to pay non member surchage no different.

Not sure if this was your first time cruise or long time regular. If first time probably you will not get comp so fast as it all depends on your gaming records unless you have been betting big amount to get their attention. However no harm just try to call who know they might give you.

lilycll

Reaction score
The same goes for the travel agents or immigration officers coming up on board during port Klang or port Dickson trip for meals and tour too.

Sometime have to understand that the Terminal is at somewhere ulu place with no proper makan place nearby. So for goodwill and convenience to all parties good to let the immigration officers to eat onboard.

You should search for a youtube video about Vietnam immigration officers bringing their family onboard RCL Cruise.

Last edited:

playplay

Reaction score
“<RWAS> Congratulations! You have been awarded with a complementary cabin to enjoy a 7-night Australia cruise on Explorer Dream (departure from Sydney). Book now and experience the cruise holiday with us....”

Did anyone receive this sms recently? I called and confirm they giving balcony room. Is it worth going? Any recommended transport from airport to cruise centre? And recommended hotels after the cruise?

Last edited:

lilycll

Reaction score
“<RWAS> Congratulations! You have been awarded with a complementary cabin to enjoy a 7-night Australia cruise on Explorer Dream (departure from Sydney). Book now and experience the cruise holiday with us....”

Did anyone receive this sms recently? I called and confirm they giving balcony room. Is it worth going? Any recommended transport from airport to cruise centre? And recommended hotels after the cruise?

They only offer comp cruise and you have to pay for your own return airfare, pre/post hotel if you wish to arrive early or extend few more days in Sydney, plus Port Charges/Gratuity etc.

Explorer Dream (or former SuperStar Virgo) called Sydney in 2015 and was berthed at White Bay, New South Wales, Australia. See map below. Not sure if Explorer Dream will berth same place or Sydney Overseas Passenger Terminal (OPT). The White Bay is bit away compared with
OPT which is just beside Sydney Bridge.

There are plenty hotels available nearby and convenient to go to cruise terminal within few minutes to less than half hour.

There is an Airport Express Train to travel easily between Airport and town. Just search for hotels around Wynyard Station.

Last edited:

klchua78

Reaction score
Yes i asked them, it is stil docked at White Bay Cruise Terminal. Port tax and gratuity is approx $500. Thanks for the info.

Ahboy44

Reaction score
Sometime have to understand that the Terminal is at somewhere ulu place with no proper makan place nearby. So for goodwill and convenience to all parties good to let the immigration officers to eat onboard.

You should search for a youtube video about Vietnam immigration officers bringing their family onboard RCL Cruise.

It's common. It's perks of immigration outside Singapore as usual.

Ahboy44

Reaction score

Is the 25TP promo for the weekend cruise still valid? The 300 ecredits and free inside cabin is available to book for weekend trips only or can book for normal Wednesday trips too ? I know this has been mentioned before.

lilycll

Reaction score
Is the 25TP promo for the weekend cruise still valid? The 300 ecredits and free inside cabin is available to book for weekend trips only or can book for normal Wednesday trips too ? I know this has been mentioned before.

How many of you can understand this promo?
I am confused.
The promo started since 24/5 and I didn't know.
Qsk641V.jpg

The promotion is valid from 24th May to 31st Dec 2019.

lilycll

Reaction score
Hi,

I would like to check for port Dickson port whether is it dock at the port.

Port Dickson does not have a proper cruise terminal only a small jetty. Ship will anchor outside and launch boats provided to ferry you between ship and jetty.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.