Digital TV (DVB T2) Consolidated thread VI

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mine house got balcony.. Place at balcony door. Signal strength 18%..if place on windows is 26%..last time I did try powered antenna.. It would interfere and cause some channel totally no signal.. Need to find my powered antena in store room

not all powered antenna are the same.

better to stick to better one like draco 550/560

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
TV Channel Listing

0002 Channel 5
0003 Channel 8
0004 Suria
0005 Vasantham
0006 CNA
0007 Channel U
0008 Test
0800 Go Shop
0801 TV3 HD
0802 TVAH
0803 CJ WOW SHOP (Malay)
0804 CJ WOW SHOP (Mandarin)
0805 NTV7
0806 8TV
0807 TV9
0808 BNC
0809 TV1
0810 TV Okey
0811 rtm HD SPORTS
0812 BES
0819 TV2

Radio Channel Listing

0813 NAS FM
0814 TRAXX FM
0815 MINNAL FM
0816 AI FM
0817 KLASIKFM
0818 ASYIKFM

FreshMaker

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
need advise on some digital tv boxes recommendations....

landed house, level 1 and 2... 1 hisen TV, 1 samsung TV...

just able to receive local channels, if can receive malaysia then good, cannot nvm...

any recommendations which model to go for?

dannyphone

Reaction score
Hi all,

Previously b4 Medicorp closed the analogue channel, i still can search & view channel XX (HD) in my TV list. But after Medicorp closed the Analogue channel, i noticed that my TV list will not shown Channel U (HD) or Channel 8 (HD) etc...
it will just shown Ch U or CH 8 etc without the (HD)...i can see a test 1 appear...
Can any one advise why like this?

I am using dvb-t2 set and vertical antenna .

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Previously b4 Medicorp closed the analogue channel, i still can search & view channel XX (HD) in my TV list. But after Medicorp closed the Analogue channel, i noticed that my TV list will not shown Channel U (HD) or Channel 8 (HD) etc...
it will just shown Ch U or CH 8 etc without the (HD)...i can see a test 1 appear...
Can any one advise why like this?

I am using dvb-t2 set and vertical antenna .

Cos now all HD already, so the channel titles no longer have HD explicitly in brackets.

dannyphone

Reaction score
Cos now all HD already, so the channel titles no longer have HD explicitly in brackets.

oic ..
1 more question is how come is not as sharp as before?
Now is like watching normal channel. haha or my eye hua hua...

Can see the character or things edge is blury ...not as sharp...

Durian Shell

Reaction score
I am thinking of getting a projector to replace my TV.

However, I am not able to find a suitable DVB T2 tuner for the projector that could feed 5.1 channel sound to my receiver (Marantz SR7013).

I have recently bought an Ascend brand DVB T2 tuner to try out, as its specifications looked promising and it is in IDMA’s list of approved surround sound ready devices. However, through HDMI, the tuner’s signal can only be recognised by my receiver as PCM stereo in both PCM and RAW audio output formats.

Anyone knows of a DVB T2 tuner that could transcode HE-AAC 5.1 to Dolby Digital AC3 or PCM 5.1?

For fast solving your problem, you should consult your A/V receiver agent, Marantz or your projector agent....

Durian Shell

Reaction score

just able to receive local channels, if can receive malaysia then good, cannot nvm...

Go google search....

Better look for STB built in with SPDIF.

https://ezbuy.sg/product/5100002495...ecommend:20000000319903-10000-3-productDetail

Look for active antenna
https://www.lazada.sg/shop/newmedia-solutions/

Receive MYTD program? It's depend on your location (you stay at), how you place your Antenna and Antenna location correctly.......

https://www.digitaltv.sg/#faq-and-tips
For your landed house

Last edited:

gregory_choo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Durian Shell

Reaction score
new media antenna is a bad recommendation.

can get draco dsc250 for $29.

or pay a bit more for dsc550/dsc560.

Show us your video of your TV program of the reception signal to prove that you are right. If no, please **** off ..... Stop your idiot and mislead to everyone here. Go use your own $2 or $4 antenna and **** off here......

8-lane

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I have a brand new unused digital tv box if u're interested.. :D

BeeGees

Reaction score
Hi,
Anyone knows how to do an exchange of the NMS set-top box issued by M1? It was given to me by a friend. After using for about 2 weeks, screen becomes faulty (pixelated).
Called M1. They said actual owner need to bring it to either IMM or Paragon Orchard to get it check.
Just wanted to know if a 3rd party can get it exchange instead, rather than bothering my friend. Thanks

dexter9898

Reaction score
Hi,
Anyone knows how to do an exchange of the NMS set-top box issued by M1? It was given to me by a friend. After using for about 2 weeks, screen becomes faulty (pixelated).
Called M1. They said actual owner need to bring it to either IMM or Paragon Orchard to get it check.
Just wanted to know if a 3rd party can get it exchange instead, rather than bothering my friend. Thanks

Nope, serial number of the box is tagged to the house address.

dexter9898

Reaction score
Thanks. Guess I've to trouble my friend then.

Pixelated is not a faulty set-top box. Most likely the antenna is not placed in an optimal position (like near windows and away from TV/router interference). Check that the antenna power is turned on inside the set-top box menu.

dexter9898

Reaction score
thank you.

https://www.lazada.sg/catalog/?q=ac...t&spm=a2o70.10453684.search.go.92c5634cELcRa2

which one do u recommend?

the DVB-T2 is good enough right? then add 1 antenna..? which antenna above link do u recommend, thanks in advance...

If your TV is placed further away from the windows, get this 6m antenna from NMS. You can paste it on the wall or windows.

https://www.lazada.sg/products/acti...42.searchlist.list.13.2aa557e11Y7Q3O&search=1

Do not get the stick antenna as it's reception is omni-directional and can pick up interference signals easily.

FreshMaker

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.