Genting FAQ - Part 3

mobile2009

Reaction score
I am not too sure, but I think for sporean , you still need passport to check in.

At least i never check in with membership card before with the kiosk.

Paul Lee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I see. Lending me his card shoudnt be a problem. Just hope the check in doesnt require passport. Thanks Thanks

If the room is booked in his name, then you will need his passport.

The Silver Card can only be used to register as a 'guest' so that you can have a 2nd room key.

kenapa siol

Master Member
Reaction score
once i chatted with a hotel staff in maxims who told me they know some people even selling their extra rm for a profit but as along as the card holder is present they will relent and that was some years ago. even in rws i also know such things happen but hardrock htl told me dont take risk with strangers apparently some members had to fork out penalty for towels and stuff taken fr hotel. i mean the members will be ultimately responsible but earn in sgd is better than rm. as to whether it will work in the absence of the member i am not too sure.

Ya ya, heard of this story as those high rollers always have free rooms. So sometime if they wanted more funds they will sell their free stay cheap cheap to friends. Will take note, thx :)

If the room is booked in his name, then you will need his passport.

The Silver Card can only be used to register as a 'guest' so that you can have a 2nd room key.

Ok, i will probably use my card to book 2 rooms and ask the other group to book their room via agoda bah :)

So by default, 1 room = 2 cards?

Paul Lee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So by default, 1 room = 2 cards?

By default, 1 room = 1 card. But if you need a 2nd card, then you will need the passport/membership card of a 2nd person.

And the 2nd person cannot be registered as a guest or main occupant of another room. Make sense?

ichinisan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tried the durians at the Durian Festival location just outside Genting Hotel. The durians are really awesome. Must try it if you are there and don’t miss it.

Last edited:

ichinisan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Isnt the cost more ex than SG? Cos my friend told me that hmm

Had a MSW and a XO at less than $50sgd. And the durians were bigger too. Feel that it is cheaper there and it would likely be more than $60 in sg. And moreover the durians taste better. Really worth it.

Last edited:

ghregular

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any bros and sisters here every month go uphill huat cai 1

i did one period abt 3yrs ago because my wife that period temporary stopped work. wow that period was shiok. just called up genting relationship officer to bk rm. easy. fly fr senai airport.

Smarty2

Reaction score
this sentence i disagreed

eg local brand padini price is same as KL

U r right - common merchandise eg.garments, etc...all std price as KL...only makan more expensive... but even then, i think most fastfood restaurants' food price is pretty std as in other parts of Malaysia.

theavidtraveller

Reaction score
To get Gold card for singaporean is it also 300 TP? Wondering if it will be lower since Silver is default given without downgrade to Classic for SG. Any idea?

vaxvms

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
U r right - common merchandise eg.garments, etc...all std price as KL...only makan more expensive... but even then, i think most fastfood restaurants' food price is pretty std as in other parts of Malaysia.

anyway most stuffs in RM still cheaper than what we pay for in SG
look at GDT locally ...think beauty pot up hill really worth the price + cold weather to enjoy the steamboat

important is huat uphill

i notice ah yi abalone 168/pax deal no more the last time i went
value for money

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.