Trip to europe - looking out for airline promotions

Raging_Cajun

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi guys has anyone done open jaw flights?
I am planning to go Iceland, Sweden, Norway and finland.
So plan to go ice first and have the Xmas in Finland.
Any good advise on this? Does not seem like there is any direct to Iceland. Lots of layover
My first time doing such a route and first time in 8 years going to Europe

Saw a route where stopover at Helsinki and then fly to Iceland.
Was thinking if this case is it better for me to just book round trip from SG to Helsinki and then a separate flight from Helsinki to Iceland.
From there holiday and slowly make my way across the border to Norway and Sweden and finally back to Finland and fly back from helainki

Last edited:

finale1

Master Member
Reaction score
Doesn’t seem like an efficient to book 4 separate legs like that.

What is your travel plan bro?

Hi everyone, is this a good price to fly? And are we able to make it to the connecting flight back to SG? (I'm booking these flight separately)

Cost: $1.5k

-DEPART-
SIN to FRANKFURT (SQ)
16 May > 17 May
2355 > 0645

FRANKFURT > KRAKOW (LUFT)
17 May
0835 > 1005

-RETURN-
DUBROVNIK to FRANKFURT (LUFT)
8 Jun
1555 > 1800 (Option 1)
1830 > 2030 (Option 2)

FRANKFURT to SG (SQ)
8 Jun > 9 Jun
2155 > 1615

Thanks in advance.

keechiu

Reaction score
Just wondering.. Is skyscanner good for booking flights that involve like 2 destinations? Let's say from SIN-London, London-Paris and finally Paris-SIN... The prices that they state for airlines like KLM, air France do include luggage or do I have to top up for it?

wanderlex

Reaction score
Just wondering.. Is skyscanner good for booking flights that involve like 2 destinations? Let's say from SIN-London, London-Paris and finally Paris-SIN... The prices that they state for airlines like KLM, air France do include luggage or do I have to top up for it?

Just curious, why not book directly from AirFrance/ KLM instead?

Do note that both airlines have recently introduced a 'Light' fare scheme where check-in luggage will be chargeable and not FOC (12kg of hand-carry is included though) unless you are getting Standard and Flex fares.

So, I suppose you have to check the fare scheme if booking from sites like Skyscanner etc. FYI and cheers!

dilphinus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just curious, why not book directly from AirFrance/ KLM instead?

Do note that both airlines have recently introduced a 'Light' fare scheme where check-in luggage will be chargeable and not FOC (12kg of hand-carry is included though) unless you are getting Standard and Flex fares.

So, I suppose you have to check the fare scheme if booking from sites like Skyscanner etc. FYI and cheers!

Adding on, the light fares are for within Europe and to America (from their bases in Amsterdam and Paris).

xXxJavierxXx

Reaction score
Is $935 consider expensive for singapore to Barcelona (20kg checked luggage) return ticket? Flying via KLM-air France.

dilphinus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is $935 consider expensive for singapore to Barcelona (20kg checked luggage) return ticket? Flying via KLM-air France.

if it's for winter travel, it's expensive.

it's usually around $8xx and sometimes $7xx for return flights to Spain from Singapore.

Claireee

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm looking at flights routes from SG to Paris and from Zurich to SG. Travel period mid June.

Been observing for quite awhile now. The cheapest I've seen was about two to three months back. Prices fluctuating between $870 ~ $980 by Swiss Air/SQ and they are mostly direct flights. However since early Dec the price have increased till ~1k now.

May I know what is the average price for the routes of my airfare? Should I continue to wait a little longer before I proceed to book? As I understand that June onwards is a peak season.

Thank you! :)

Snow_Rain

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Which airline will you pick from Europe back to SIN? Finnair, Turkish, Qatar or Emirates cost is about the same 800-900+ 1 way. I will be redeeming sq miles 1 way to London and plan to visit a few other countries.

Hisashiburi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Which airline will you pick from Europe back to SIN? Finnair, Turkish, Qatar or Emirates cost is about the same 800-900+ 1 way. I will be redeeming sq miles 1 way to London and plan to visit a few other countries.
I think qatar or emirates.
Check their timings.

But turkish i think can earn u sq miles.
Turkish is star alliance?

Finnair is bad.

dilphinus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

unless you are redeeming on SQ biz class, it doesn't make sense to do so on econ. A return econ ticket is around $900+.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.