Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it - Part 2

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info

mclazy

Reaction score
Please lodge then police report and inform to your superior as well just in case and blocked suspicious number and dont reply it anymore

I had lodge a police report! What am I going to do next? Wait for the harassment? And I did not transfer any money that they required. I just revert back the money that they’ve transfer to me.

Iamsostress

Reaction score
I had lodge a police report! What am I going to do next? Wait for the harassment? And I did not transfer any money that they required. I just revert back the money that they’ve transfer to me.

If can pls install cctv to make you feel more secure and if they harassed you pls immediately call 999 for assistance

mclazy

Reaction score
If can pls install cctv to make you feel more secure and if they harassed you pls immediately call 999 for assistance

Ok... thanks for the suggestion. I did tell my owner to install an CCTV. But somehow, need time for town council to approve. Haihhh... supper annoying now.

Iamsostress

Reaction score
Ok... thanks for the suggestion. I did tell my owner to install an CCTV. But somehow, need time for town council to approve. Haihhh... supper annoying now.

Its okay bro important now build up your courage and confident again and you will be fine after that and do remember to eat and sleep well
Report suspicious person to 999 immediately
Do update us if anything

green72

Reaction score
As per their modus operandi, they will harass you via phone calls to the numbers you've given.

The harassment comes in fierce voice calls, sms text and whatsapp msg. They will try to find you via your social media and harass you via these outlets, FB, IG and Tweeter.

They will try to intimidate and kidnap your social life by shaming you to submit to their demands.

So...block all forms of communications. They will be powerless without these. My advice is not to answer or read any of the rubbish if cannot stomach it. It can cause paranoia which can lead to depression and followed by submission to their demands.

All mind games only. We regulars in these thread are also trying learn what new tactics they will employ but it's a variation of what I've mention only so far.

Then they will try to recruit runners( yes, they don't have full time employees, only adhoc jobs to anyone willing) to visit you at home.Installing a CCTV can discourage would-be visits. But also useful to capture the act for faster arrest and prosecution.

If all these fail, they will move on to next victim.

Good luck.

Last edited:

andylau78

Reaction score
Dear all,

Recently, I browse from website and found a so called licensed money. lender and then I Whatapp the number that provide at the website. So I provide my personal detail. After discussion and consideration, I decide not to borrow from this so called licensed money lender. Then, at the same day , I have receive an amount transferred by them without my approval. I text them, they have no reply.. then I went to their office , and this office doesn’t exist. And I whatapp them to give me account n I return back the money. But they text me the account number by using other phone number. So what should I do now? Anyway, I’m a work permit holder. I rent under ppl house.

I’m so annoyed by this AL scam !! Pls help guys

Make a police report. You need to highlight that the money was forced transferred to you. Provide all evidence to clear yourself as you're a work permit holder. I'm confident you will be provided the same level of protection as citizens.

And intent is very important here. Request advise from SPF regarding the money.

Close bank acct and ghost the scammer. Do this quickly before they start harassing you. Timing is very important here.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/new...pore-work-pass-moneylender-borrowing-10792174

https://www.tnp.sg/news/singapore/160-foreign-workers-sent-home-oct-borrowing-loan-sharks

green72

Reaction score
andylau78, for mclazy case, he is duped by the scammer. I knew about the info linked.

Don't expect victims like him to continue to suffer because worry of getting repatriated. If never report, but other victims report, sooner or later SPF will uncover too. It's a better move to surrender to police rather than LS, yes?

The law is fair. The link you provide is reminder for workpass holder but I believe our justice system is fair unlike LS terms and agreement.

We need to proactively report to police.Which he did

LS can use this law to harass our foreign workers. If this is the LS new source of income, then they are really desperate.

Information and education of LS tactics should help prevent harassment and scams.

Last edited:

mclazy

Reaction score
andylau78, for mclazy case, he is duped by the scammer. I knew about the info linked.

Don't expect victims like him to continue to suffer because worry of getting repatriated. If never report, but other victims report, sooner or later SPF will uncover too. It's a better move to surrender to police rather than LS, yes?

The law is fair. The link you provide is reminder for workpass holder but I believe our justice system is fair unlike LS terms and agreement.

We need to proactively report to police.Which he did

LS can use this law to harass our foreign workers. If this is the LS new source of income, then they are really desperate.

Information and education of LS tactics should help prevent harassment and scams.

Yes 1st place I did intend to borrow but after I check that the company is not a LICENSED MONEY LENDER COMPANY under mlaw.gov.sg list. Then, I immediately call off the loan and went to bank to revert back the money.

Until yesterday the AL send me those harassment message and even call me by using 8-10 different numbers. I’ve blocked all and change new number.

The worst thing is, I informed my landlord about this issue. He asked me to pay the amount that AL request. Then, I refuse to do that. Cuz if I pay, its indirectly show that I borrow money from AL. Then, he very angry and say wanted to report to MOM. I’ve prepare the worst.

Iamsostress

Reaction score
Yes 1st place I did intend to borrow but after I check that the company is not a LICENSED MONEY LENDER COMPANY under mlaw.gov.sg list. Then, I immediately call off the loan and went to bank to revert back the money.

Until yesterday the AL send me those harassment message and even call me by using 8-10 different numbers. I’ve blocked all and change new number.

The worst thing is, I informed my landlord about this issue. He asked me to pay the amount that AL request. Then, I refuse to do that. Cuz if I pay, its indirectly show that I borrow money from AL. Then, he very angry and say wanted to report to MOM. I’ve prepare the worst.

Sorry to hear that the problem with your landlord and however you have the police report with you regards the loan scam which is good you can use it to protect your employment
Remember block all contacts with the AL and stay vigilant always

Reaction score

Tell your landlord you have been scammed and it is not your intention to get into this situation, seek the landlord understand, you can find many past cases to show the landlord here.

If landlord not understanding, move to other place asap and stay strong.
You are extra vulnerable because you on work pass. I'm sure many of those foreigners sent could also be victims of these scammers.

CRIME DOES NOT PAY, POLICE ARE ARRESTING! http://bit.ly/loanscamarrests

green72

Reaction score
mclazy, your landlord just don't want trouble.

Being fearful and ill-informed is a good combination that makes life easy for the LS.

I believe you know better. Like what others said, be prepared to move.

Pmed U.

Timmy50

Reaction score
officially to be a ghost now.

can i ask are there still alot of paint splashing and gate locking these days?

i am okay with spamming of calls as i can just block them

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.