Apple Watch screen pop up.

tribalhere

Reaction score
Anyone’s facing the Apple Watch screen pop up before? If bring you Apple store, what will they do?

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone’s facing the Apple Watch screen pop up before? If bring you Apple store, what will they do?

Happened once to my Series 2 after a night's charge, batt bloated. Brought it to Apple and was given a new replacement set on the spot. Mine was only 3 mths old then.

tribalhere

Reaction score
Happened once to my Series 2 after a night's charge, batt bloated. Brought it to Apple and was given a new replacement set on the spot. Mine was only 3 mths old then.

Oh. Mine was the 1st gen model. Doubt they still have any replacement

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Oh. Mine was the 1st gen model. Doubt they still have any replacement

First gen will all be replaced by Series 1 or 2, whichever is the next higher available.

But first gen so old liao and cannot upgrade OS anymore. Why not treat yourself to a Series 4?

tribalhere

Reaction score
First gen will all be replaced by Series 1 or 2, whichever is the next higher available.

But first gen so old liao and cannot upgrade OS anymore. Why not treat yourself to a Series 4?

Didn’t really use much of the functions except running that’s all. So didn’t plan to upgrade.

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
They’ll replace another series for you but at an extra cost. With that money, you are better off getting a used or new model.

Else, head to a reputable repair shop and have your battery replaced at a much lower cost.

tribalhere

Reaction score
if extra cost will have to see how much and which series. will be heading down tomorrow or tue and will update here again.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Didn’t really use much of the functions except running that’s all. So didn’t plan to upgrade.

if extra cost will have to see how much and which series. will be heading down tomorrow or tue and will update here again.

Do keep us updated here. I’ve used Apple Watch since the first gen, then Series 2, 3 and now 4. The performance difference between the first and now is very significant.

jq75

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Do keep us updated here. I’ve used Apple Watch since the first gen, then Series 2, 3 and now 4. The performance difference between the first and now is very significant.

The weak battery is why I’m not buying one. A Watch seems redundant in today’s usage

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The weak battery is why I’m not buying one. A Watch seems redundant in today’s usage

Redundant for you doesn’t mean it’s redundant for everyone else.

If you need to track your health, Apple Watch is the best watch available right now in the market. Nothing else comes close.

rvyne7

Reaction score
Redundant for you doesn’t mean it’s redundant for everyone else.

If you need to track your health, Apple Watch is the best watch available right now in the market. Nothing else comes close.

true, I'm using it for top-up, apple pay and health monitor.. I always dislike buying watches for long time but surprisingly find this helpful/ still remove this at work though (my wallet is more lighter both ez-link and cc eliminated)

last its also convenient to just answer phone and sometimes reply simple messages while using apple watch.

tribalhere

Reaction score

Have sent in today n was told it will take 7-14 days for them to sent to factory although the staff at Apple store confirm it’s a swollen battery issue.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

After all these years of using Apple Watch, till now it’s been very useful to me and I depend quite a lot on it. I’d still continue to use and upgrade my Apple Watch.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Have sent in today n was told it will take 7-14 days for them to sent to factory although the staff at Apple store confirm it’s a swollen battery issue.

But they didn’t inform you of any direct replacement? Sometimes in-store they may have some stocks and can on the spot replace it for you.

Last time when mine happened, was just over a year so out of warranty.

tribalhere

Reaction score
But they didn’t inform you of any direct replacement? Sometimes in-store they may have some stocks and can on the spot replace it for you.

Last time when mine happened, was just over a year so out of warranty.

Mine was the 1st gen Apple Watch. The staff told me they will still need to send to the factory to double check on the issue as this is one of their protocol. They staff did advise me that she doubt Apple still have the 1st gen watch for replacement. She did mentioned that 1st gen and series 1 is consider obsolete model.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mine was the 1st gen Apple Watch. The staff told me they will still need to send to the factory to double check on the issue as this is one of their protocol. They staff did advise me that she doubt Apple still have the 1st gen watch for replacement. She did mentioned that 1st gen and series 1 is consider obsolete model.

Perhaps policy changed. Yes both are already obsolete, else they might just replace you with a Series 2, or charge a replacement fee. If they do charge the fee, honestly speaking just get a new watch already.

elimmel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Happened to my series 1. Replaced foc after waiting around a week. Was hoping they didn’t have stock and would get an upgrade but no luck :D
I think battery bloat foc replacement is 3years from purchase.
That was last October so maybe now really no more series 1 as replacement

tribalhere

Reaction score
update, juz collected my replacement watch yesterday. mine was the very 1st model of apple watch. since my model and series 1 is obsolete. And the staff told me they don't have anymore replacement stocks for series 2. Hence , out of good will, they replacement me with series 3.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.