Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 35

Status
Not open for further replies.

YorYor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
24 hours after the match, and my anger towards the star midfielder losing possession has still yet to subside. Sure, for DDG to be beaten at his near post for his calibre is not normal, but it shouldn't have come to that in the first place.
When we play a high line, we are exposing ourselves to goals of the type like the 1st. It's so route one that I reckon ChrisS or MarouaneF would've dealt with that with ease. But hey, everyone says they are not United quality so they must be that.

It's the same problem since 2 or 3 seasons back - we can't break down teams when they are organised and disciplined. Whilst I'm in no position to question OGS, I find it baffling he would rather have PaulP playing deep when he can't orchestrate the midfield, and is prone to losing possesion.

It will likely be a tough long seasn, so brace yourselves.

white_prince

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The secrets behind Cristiano Ronaldo's wonder free kick

Fergie raved: "I've seen a lot of stuff written about how Cristiano's free-kicks are all to do with the way he places the ball or strikes it on the valve, but the bottom line is the boy practises and practises.

"He's always out there at the end of training, banging balls in after the session has ended."

United defender Nemanja Vidic also reckons Ronaldo's dedication is the reason for his spectacular strikes and remarkable goal-haul.

He said: "Ronnie's free-kick was unbelievable, the best goal I've seen in a game I've been playing in. He practises free-kicks all the time in training and stays behind when everyone else has gone.

"Not just free-kicks, he practises dribbling, crossing, shooting, everything. If you work as hard as he does, you get your rewards."

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=122432126

Penalties kicks & free kicks need lots of practise.

Thats what i meant
Pogba and Rashford should be doing the same for penalties and FK

Shinji Kagawa

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Hope his dad tells lingard to stay away.

And I think this was filmed before he signed for utd. He was using Arsenal against Utd. Looool.

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
never add to midfield
no one to replace players like Fellaini Herrera Matic

sure, there are tons of Herrera out there, but we didnt buy any of them.
Whilst I'm in no position to question OGS, I find it baffling he would rather have PaulP playing deep when he can't orchestrate the midfield, and is prone to losing possesion.

jahtl62

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This weekend most of the away teams won. Aston Villa & Liverpool were the only home teams that won. Now Newcastle & Burnley are leading.

cracker

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lack of a leader in the outfield all these years
too dependent on Pogba to create sth out of nothing as a result. He created more of nothing out of anything.

thenakedshades

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Much is said about Pogba losing the ball that led to CP second goal.

But don’t forgot, it was Pogba who won the ball that led to United’s goal. Many have criticised Pogba, but the second CP goal is DDG fault. How he couldn’t save that was madness. I bet if it was anyone else misplace the ball instead of Pogba, no one will be angry. Look at the first CP goal, obviously Lindelof and Harry miscom or no com, but no one blame them. Funny huh?

It was Pogba who took things on and created things while the rest of the team was just passing sideways.

Nobody was praising Pogba when he did a Hollywood assist for Rashy goal against Chelsea.

Nobody was blaming Rashy when he missed the penalty but everyone blame Pogba when he missed his. The scoreline was 1-1 when Pogba missed. But 0-1 when Rashy missed.

So we should put our support with Pogba rather than against. He is and still is United’s best midfielder since post Fergie.

24 hours after the match, and my anger towards the star midfielder losing possession has still yet to subside. Sure, for DDG to be beaten at his near post for his calibre is not normal, but it shouldn't have come to that in the first place.
When we play a high line, we are exposing ourselves to goals of the type like the 1st. It's so route one that I reckon ChrisS or MarouaneF would've dealt with that with ease. But hey, everyone says they are not United quality so they must be that.

It's the same problem since 2 or 3 seasons back - we can't break down teams when they are organised and disciplined. Whilst I'm in no position to question OGS, I find it baffling he would rather have PaulP playing deep when he can't orchestrate the midfield, and is prone to losing possesion.

It will likely be a tough long seasn, so brace yourselves.

Gr3yham3

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Now that the dust has cleared and the emotions have settled after a couple of days, looking back the match, I really think we did not deserve to lose at all. Poor refereeing, missed penalty and 2 costly mistakes were all that cost us the 3 points, similar to the Wolves game. It seems that we used up our luck quota for August in the Chelsea game.

The referee was quite poor I felt, not just with the penalty shouts where he did not even bother to check VAR or Cahill being the last man and should have been sent off, but also the rest of the game where Palace committed a ton of fouls and got off scot-free most of the time. This encouraged them to commit even more fouls and also a lot of time wasting. What happened to getting the "injured" players off the pitch for treatment?

If we continue playing the way we did, and replace Lingard, who is now our weakest link, with Mata/Gomes, or a midfielder to allow Pogba to push up further, I think we will be much better.

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
VAR ref gave him advice over the earpiece regarding Cahill, and the 2 penalty calls

or rather, they reviewed the incidents but did not challenge the ref's decision so there was no need to review footage.
The referee was quite poor I felt, not just with the penalty shouts where he did not even bother to check VAR

Last edited:

dennis7w7

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
never add to midfield
no one to replace players like Fellaini Herrera Matic

sure, there are tons of Herrera out there, but we didnt buy any of them.

The board thinks mediocre midfielders like Lingard is superstar which is obviously not United's quality to push for title. He has ZERO assist and goal for the whole of 2019 so far for an "attacking" player, useless chasing like headless chicken yet not contributing to anything in matches, yet the media all silent and refuse talk about him but blames Pogba instead because Pog isn't English. This biasness from English media has to stop.

Andreas, McTominay and Fred are only average, they can't be starters. Matic's rapid decline just shows that how stupid the board is to pay 40m to a player who was only good for 1 and a half season.

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bruno Fernandes had more assists (3) in 90 minutes than Jesse Lingard has had in his last 37 games.

zhaohan

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bruno Fernandes had more assists (3) in 90 minutes than Jesse Lingard has had in his last 37 games.

worse.
Adam Johnson has more Premier Legaue assists (11) in than Jesse Lingard (10) in the last 6 years. Adam Johnson has been in jail for the last 3 years.
:s22::s13:

thenakedshades

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
But Ed says no, cause Bruno misplace more passes than Lingard.

But how does Lingard misplace passes when he does is do headless chicken runs and air balls. You don’t misplace when you don’t even touch it 😏😏😂

thenakedshades

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How to challenge when the ref already made the call? Like that will not show unity in refs. Actually the ref should let play go on until there is a VAR call. Or blow the whistle but make no judgment until VAR review.

This ref blow and already make a decision prior to VAR review, so it’s pointless to have VAR unless it’s for goal.

Look at the Cahill fault, ref already pull out the yellow card before VAR review. Like that overturn the ref decision, he confirm lose face. Plus no one knows what is the actual conversation that is happening. So 🤷🏽*♂️

VAR ref gave him advice over the earpiece regarding Cahill, and the 2 penalty calls

or rather, they reviewed the incidents but did not challenge the ref's decision so there was no need to review footage.

hacktic

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
lingard just needs to score against lpool or manc and the fans will forgive him for the time being

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
er..VAR is meant to review such incidents(goals, penalties, red card) and possibly change decisions that are erroneous

can only say the ref was avoiding to check the screen to cause even longer delay. den add 10mins stoppage time

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.