Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 35

Status
Not open for further replies.

ticcan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lack of a leader in the outfield all these years
too dependent on Pogba to create sth out of nothing as a result. He created more of nothing out of anything.

He created the goal for james if anything we rely too much on him the other players are being useless

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lingard's running around is useful but lacks the final ball. so if Bruno misplaces more passes than Lingard for United to drop the chase, how many is he misplacing each game? :s13:
let's just say well done to the staffs that we dodge a bullet, but they can't be knowing this fact only in the summer, no alternatives until we need to play Pogba in a deep role?

Pogba should be up there creating openings to feed our strikers. he did and we scored.
that's his game, and it's not suited to be placed just before the defenders. and nobody makes 100% passes every game, bound to have some that will be intercepted or he gets tackled away.. so why allow ourselves to panic when he lose the ball?

But Ed says no, cause Bruno misplace more passes than Lingard.

But how does Lingard misplace passes when he does is do headless chicken runs and air balls. You don’t misplace when you don’t even touch it ������

Last edited:

ItsmeagainhK

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Exposed! Lack of creativity. Pogba himself cannot do much, he needs more creative players and off the ball runners. There will definitely be more of such games whereby Manutd camp in their half and just cannot penetrate through. The opposition sits back and counters and wins the game.

Not replacing Herrera and Fellaini is a huge mistake. Herrera was arguably the team's second best midfielder after Pogba. And if Pogba goes too.. good luck.

white_prince

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Don't think Pogba practised penalty kicks during training.
He would spend his time practising this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZR4urqxlTw

:s13:

LOL he rather not do it on pitch.
Lingard does his training on social media.
Anyway Ole should start Lingard as DM.
He fits the Kante fitness, he can run around headlessly just to tackle.
Tackling is no brainer so it is easy for him.
We leave the AM role to Mata or push Pigba up front.

AristDing

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
24 hours after the match, and my anger towards the star midfielder losing possession has still yet to subside. Sure, for DDG to be beaten at his near post for his calibre is not normal, but it shouldn't have come to that in the first place.
When we play a high line, we are exposing ourselves to goals of the type like the 1st. It's so route one that I reckon ChrisS or MarouaneF would've dealt with that with ease. But hey, everyone says they are not United quality so they must be that.

It's the same problem since 2 or 3 seasons back - we can't break down teams when they are organised and disciplined. Whilst I'm in no position to question OGS, I find it baffling he would rather have PaulP playing deep when he can't orchestrate the midfield, and is prone to losing possesion.

It will likely be a tough long seasn, so brace yourselves.

I thought the problem was Jose Mourinho

Gr3yham3

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
VAR ref gave him advice over the earpiece regarding Cahill, and the 2 penalty calls

or rather, they reviewed the incidents but did not challenge the ref's decision so there was no need to review footage.

that's just silly and inconsistent, cause they looked at the other incident when Rashford was tackled in the box near the byline. In that case,the VAR ref is not really doing his job. There has to be more consistency when it comes to these kind of decisions in a match.

Gr3yham3

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lingard's running around is useful but lacks the final ball. so if Bruno misplaces more passes than Lingard for United to drop the chase, how many is he misplacing each game? :s13:
let's just say well done to the staffs that we dodge a bullet, but they can't be knowing this fact only in the summer, no alternatives until we need to play Pogba in a deep role?

Pogba should be up there creating openings to feed our strikers. he did and we scored.
that's his game, and it's not suited to be placed just before the defenders. and nobody makes 100% passes every game, bound to have some that will be intercepted or he gets tackled away.. so why allow ourselves to panic when he lose the ball?

the Bruno misplacing passes bit just seems like a sorry excuse for not getting the low price the board was looking for for Bruno. His passing numbers are surely going to lower when the entire Sporting team is reliant on him to create or score, so he has to take the risks. A player with his number of assists and goals cannot be that bad of a passer as the stats suggest.

Pogba created our goal when he won the ball back off Zaha, and while he was partly responsible for the winner, I won't blame him as he was clearly carrying the entire playmaking of the whole team from deep. Put a better no.10 there rather than Lingard miscontrolling passes and fluffing possession, and Pogba will thrive in that deeper role. One reason why I think Lingard is known to have good movement and space to receive the ball could be that opponents cant be too bothered about it - sure let him have the ball, he ain't going to do much about it anyway. Just focus their attention on Pogba, and the dangermen like Rashford and Martial.

cracker

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
He created the goal for james if anything we rely too much on him the other players are being useless

Yeah he needs more support.

the others are more into "snapping" on the opposition.
dun mention lingards...

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
refs, in EPL especially, has been inconsistent so im not surprised at all

that's just silly and inconsistent, cause they looked at the other incident when Rashford was tackled in the box near the byline. In that case,the VAR ref is not really doing his job. There has to be more consistency when it comes to these kind of decisions in a match.

Gr3yham3

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mr Nice Guy won't badmouth his boss in the press

even Nev has cut down on slamming Woodward so that Ole wont have a hard time at work, rather say things like “There’s loads of Ander Herreras around. He’s nothing special, honestly. There’s loads of him around.”

sure, there are loads out there, but the club didn't get any. that is the thing.
the Bruno misplacing passes bit just seems like a sorry excuse for not getting the low price the board was looking for for Bruno. His passing numbers are surely going to lower when the entire Sporting team is reliant on him to create or score, so he has to take the risks. A player with his number of assists and goals cannot be that bad of a passer as the stats suggest.

Yellowfin

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
It is like "spend money again for another player", hmm, will the owner going to sack me if I buy one more player......

Even if Pep is United current manager, I believe the result is the same.

Juan_Mata

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
lingard just needs to score against lpool or manc and the fans will forgive him for the time being

Since DDG is still fans favourite so we can't really blame him, even though many know it's his miscues letting Palace to win, they will still keep quiet

So with Lukaku and Fellaini out of the club, no jones no Smalling, and with Young little playing time, its very normal for them to find another scapegoat which is Lingard lo

Ya come bash me
I luv Lingard deep deep ;)

Swordsman

Banned
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
LOL he rather not do it on pitch.
Lingard does his training on social media.
Anyway Ole should start Lingard as DM.
He fits the Kante fitness, he can run around headlessly just to tackle.
Tackling is no brainer so it is easy for him.
We leave the AM role to Mata or push Pigba up front.

Tackling is no brainer? Your timing good no foul. Timing not good is a foul.

YorYor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
We should be capable of achieving a result even with a ref who made poor decisions because he swung to the other extreme to appear like he doesn't succumb to the OT/United pressure.

My gripe is not with PaulP alone. I never liked players who choose to try to beat 2 or 3 markers alone. Great when he pulls it off, and it's groans when he doesn't. AnthonyM has a habit of doing it as well, but he doesn't get many chances to run with the ball in his current position. WayneR used to do that quite a few times, dropping deep to try to build up play only to lose possession.

PaulP making a superstar pass/assist once in a while doesn't exonerate him when he makes poor decisions like that. And he's supposedly more than capable of picking out a pass even if there isn't someone near him to receive a simple pass.

Just like Nani was frustrating to watch because he tries long shots but only scores a wonder goal out of 30 or 40 attempts, so is any player who tries to dribble 2 or 3 markers and fails 7-8 times out of 10. And exactly because that is his preferred choice, he gets double/tripled teamed every time he gets the ball.

Trying to make a through pass and having it intercepted is a completely different scenario from trying to dribble your markers when you are the midfielder sitting in front of the defenders.

thenakedshades

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Useful?? I don’t agree. What’s the point of running around with no final product? Even if he does nick the ball of a player, he is headless enough to not know what to do, and usually the opportunity to slip our player in for goal scoring opportunity is gone. I agree with one of the bro who mention that all this headless running is good like Kante. But kante knows how to nick people or pressure players. Lingard? Only know how to push and shove players then asking for a fight when he is such a skinny dude.

How Pogba is able to thrive in France national team but not at Utd even when he plays a deeper role in France team is obvious. His partner is Kante who does SELFLESS running (not headless), he has intelligent players up front like AG7, Mbappe(who can finish too), heck even Giroud is a better player upfront.

Oh his back, he has good defenders like Varane to cover his back. (Intelligent and fast)

At United, sure got a good ** partnership now and just the 3rd game, can see the relationship need some work. That comes with time. But his partner is MCT, good lad but average at best. In front of Pogba, headless chicken in Lingard who is more interested in doing hand signs and clothing label than being a footballer. And we lack an actual RW. How Arsenil can get Pepe for 72mil but we can’t is madness.

AM9 and MR10 needs work and time will tell.

Gr3yham3

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How Pogba is able to thrive in France national team but not at Utd even when he plays a deeper role in France team is obvious. His partner is Kante who does SELFLESS running (not headless), he has intelligent players up front like AG7, Mbappe(who can finish too), heck even Giroud is a better player upfront.

this is the important bit - there simply is no one upfront who is both intelligent with his use of the ball and his movement off the ball as well.. there is a reason why Pogba overdoes things to our frustration and that is because there simply is too much for him to do in the game.

Not surprising that our other main targets over the summer were dybala, eriksen and Bruno, who were all best at no.10, rather than a DM that some others were asking for. We need more creativity and goal threat in that final 3rd rather than headless running around. What is surprising, or even shocking, is that we did not get any of those 3 players, the blame i feel lies solely on the board and Ed Woodward.

Keep Lingard around when we are playing tough games and want to press high and disrupt opponents flow. Playing him for most of the other games where opponents sit back is just wasted.

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i mention he don't have the final product, didn't i?

the runs are useful, and yes it is a package deal, he don't make good of the possession after all those runs that's why to us he is shiat. but to the manager, they are picking him in hopes he make good of his runs.

and do they have a choice? the need is glaring but we decided for some reason not to buy the CM position. so suck it up and use Lingard lor
Useful?? I don’t agree. What’s the point of running around with no final product?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.