Liverpool Forum (Anfield) - Part 25

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerineng

Reaction score
I think now Liverpool has a happy problem. Any players coming in will have to think whether they can replace any of the first XI. Assuming that this player is a current first teamer elsewhere. The front 3 will be definitely hard to break into, especially with them going into their prime age. And with Klopp as the manager, I do not think that they will want to move elsewhere, even more so with what happened to Coutinho.

agreed...****inho is gd example of grass is greener....imagine if he stayed. I think he would hv developed alot more under JK than playing 2nd fiddle to messy....but some players only look at pay n nothing else...2 types...those tat play the game for passion and the other for money and most are the latter. When high wages come can go sit bench is ok one..

Preacher1010

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
agreed...****inho is gd example of grass is greener....imagine if he stayed. I think he would hv developed alot more under JK than playing 2nd fiddle to messy....but some players only look at pay n nothing else...2 types...those tat play the game for passion and the other for money and most are the latter. When high wages come can go sit bench is ok one..

things happen for a reason. If Cou stayed, Firmino would not have thr chance to blossom.
Dont pity Cou. He made his own bed.

Sent from "From The Bowels Of Purgatory" using GAGT

ParkJinYoung

Honorary Member
Reaction score
I read an article tat says Cou left because he felt he was not the main event by Klopp on Liverpool

Sent from Google PIXEL 2 XL using GAGT

kennysme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tiagong the club will give VVD a new contract worth 250k - hope he'll get tied to the club until he retires. He is prime manager material too, so hopefully he can be a future manager for Liverpool. He's the one player that Klopp relies on for advice on the pitch imo - its very subtle but sometimes you catch VVD covering his mouth while saying something to him. Plus he's got charisma and hugs everyone - not something Stevie or Unai Emery would do ; last night Sokaraitis stole a hug from Klopp after the match, was like wtf right but then nobody hugs Unai.

wadsad

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i only most worried about alisson. i think if will leave, hes the first. then fabinho. then maybe salah.

the rest of our core i dont see leaving. unless we want them out.

vvd will probably leave here at the end of his career then go his hometown play 1-2 seasons and retire.

Medicated Oil

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Tiagong the club will give VVD a new contract worth 250k - hope he'll get tied to the club until he retires. He is prime manager material too, so hopefully he can be a future manager for Liverpool. He's the one player that Klopp relies on for advice on the pitch imo - its very subtle but sometimes you catch VVD covering his mouth while saying something to him. Plus he's got charisma and hugs everyone - not something Stevie or Unai Emery would do ; last night Sokaraitis stole a hug from Klopp after the match, was like wtf right but then nobody hugs Unai.

Dun think any players have any mood to hug their manager after any defeat in Anfield.
Dun recall Emery hugging his players except during his 1st first games.

Outramkia

Master Member
Reaction score

They are not strangers. Sokratis played under klopp at dortmund

Jerineng

Reaction score
things happen for a reason. If Cou stayed, Firmino would not have thr chance to blossom.
Dont pity Cou. He made his own bed.

Sent from "From The Bowels Of Purgatory" using GAGT

true to tat...and personally i feel firmino is a much beta player compared to cou. Cou has his days but firm is always on with his workrate and clever play. sumthing tat cou cannot do....

Jerineng

Reaction score
I read an article tat says Cou left because he felt he was not the main event by Klopp on Liverpool

Sent from Google PIXEL 2 XL using GAGT

Really! If the article is accurate then cou must be reali stupiak....anyone tat goto barca only play 2nd fiddle to messy...gawd he is not even 2nd fiddle...still got his buddy Suarez....really delusional....barca is only abt messy n nobody else. If his mentality is like this JK will throw him sooner or later too. Realised tat JK do not build his team around anyone be it mane or salah...tat is very clever of JK

Jerineng

Reaction score
Dun think any players have any mood to hug their manager after any defeat in Anfield.
Dun recall Emery hugging his players except during his 1st first games.

the diff between JK and other mgrs is he got the charisma and i feel his players love him to bits....ferguson instill fear and respect....JK instill respect with love....look at guardiola he and tat aguero...forever having issues....previously conte and costa....there is no love! JK hugs everyone regardless win or lose...

wadsad

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
2022 just nice for rafa to come back.

but dont think current owner wants him. unless he ok to give up control. only concentrate on the on pitch activities.

but 2022 really too soon. 7 years really damn fast. hope can stretch to 10 years at least before he goes.

Medicated Oil

Honorary Member
Reaction score
true to tat...and personally i feel firmino is a much beta player compared to cou. Cou has his days but firm is always on with his workrate and clever play. sumthing tat cou cannot do....

Mr F and Cout served different function.
Cout would have added another dimension to our attack if he is still around.
I dun think he wanted to be the main event for us.
It is more of winning the medal.
Our defense is still a nagging headache before VVD, Fab and Ali joined us.
And Klopp was not showing any sign of doing any major expensive signing to beef up the squad.
He is just making the best career decision for himself at that moment.
But, his "back" pain left a sour note.
Emre also wanted to go.
At least he scored the goal of the season before he left.

kennysme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Coutinho left more because of the Barca name (or myth) and also because nike egged him on :
"On 31 December, sportswear company Nike—Coutinho and Barcelona's sponsor—advertised Coutinho's image on the back of a Barcelona shirt, despite Coutinho still being a Liverpool player at the time."

they partly funded the move

Emre played the long game in that he refused to sign a new contract (and therefore any pay rise) for the 4-5 years at Liverpool. So you can imagine he tong for 4-5 years on the initial salary that he started on - because he knew there was a windfall at the end :

"At the same time, La Vecchia Signora signed midfielder Emre Can for free. At the same time, according to Tuttosport, the agent of the German received more commission money (€15.8 million) than Ronaldo’s agent Jorge Mendes (€11.5 million)."

that was agent fee, Emre must've received more...

bwaysaibi

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hope this puts to bed that we are a stepping stone to the bigger clubs.
Now we are one of those bigger clubs in terms of stature. European champions. Financially strong. Worldwide brand appeal. Attractive dynamic football. Winning games. A brilliant world class manager, rhe best supporters in the world. Going anywhere else now is a step down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.