Redmi K20 Series - The Redmi flagship

Just Me

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just received mine. But after verifying online, it's an Indonesian set. Is the warranty really valid in sg?
C51IPfhl.jpg

HUuGAbRl.jpg

1tmnMd8l.jpg

T2HiQ5Sl.jpg

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX 3 using GAGT

davidwong

Master Member
Reaction score
In fact most of the bros here willl appreciate if you can during the weekend go to funan and report back if it's under local Xiaomi sg warranty

If so I may pass my mi 9T to my mom and get mi 9T pro for the faster processing time of HDR photo with effects during phototaking

Just received mine. But after verifying online, it's an Indonesian set. Is the warranty really valid in sg?
C51IPfhl.jpg

HUuGAbRl.jpg

1tmnMd8l.jpg

T2HiQ5Sl.jpg

garychengjw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
GXGX new hoot!
C51IPfhl.jpg

HUuGAbRl.jpg

1tmnMd8l.jpg

T2HiQ5Sl.jpg

Sent from Google PIXEL 3 XL ~Clearly White~ using GAGT

tang_tang

Reaction score
Checked with eConcepts before the purchase and it is supposed to be Indonesia or Malaysia set with 1 year Xiaomi Singapore warranty. Once you activate the phone it will update within 7-10 days to Singapore set. They will issue receipt with your order, any issue just bring with receipt to Xiaomi Singapore service center at Funan. But i don't know how true it is.

Devilsire

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So indo set have nfc hardware capabilities? Last I read was that indo set doesn't come with nfc function, unsure if it's limited by the indo ROM (possibly activated by flashing global rom) or there's no nfc hardware at all

Sent from Xiaomi POCOPHONE F1 using GAGT

sacredrays

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So indo set have nfc hardware capabilities? Last I read was that indo set doesn't come with nfc function, unsure if it's limited by the indo ROM (possibly activated by flashing global rom) or there's no nfc hardware at all

indo is not india...

richneo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I think you mistaken Indo set as India set

Just Me

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Checked with eConcepts before the purchase and it is supposed to be Indonesia or Malaysia set with 1 year Xiaomi Singapore warranty. Once you activate the phone it will update within 7-10 days to Singapore set. They will issue receipt with your order, any issue just bring with receipt to Xiaomi Singapore service center at Funan. But i don't know how true it is.
Interesting theory. So after using the phone around 10 days if I check online again it will be singapore and not Indonesia anymore?

ccloh

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

as far as i known of there are couple of model number for it. India set has model number end with "I". China set has another model number, South-East Asia set has like 1 or 2 model number and the last one is global set end with "G". hardware wise practically the same, it is the firmware (ROM) that makes the features difference for each of the model number. India set does not support NFC with the Indian ROM. China set has an extra low frequency band which is mainly for rural area with the Chinese ROM. the rest follow the global ROM.

it is ridiculous for Xiaomi to have different hardware made for each of the market as that basically increase their cost overhead. the cheaper method is to do it at the firmware level. that is why we can import China set, flash it with global ROM.

rECKleSSfElla

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any bro has tested out for mi9T? Is it true ?

Mi 9t if you do imei verifcation on the xiaomi site and pass, they will only say congrats you have purchased official international version but never specifically state the set from what country.

tang_tang

Reaction score
Mi 9t if you do imei verifcation on the xiaomi site and pass, they will only say congrats you have purchased official international version but never specifically state the set from what country.
Ya. Mine also state it is an official international version only. How to know it is not a local set?

7pHzx3Jl.jpg

yhi6O8Ul.jpg

Sent from Xiaomi POCO F1 using GAGT

rECKleSSfElla

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ya. Mine also state it is an official international version only. How to know it is not a local set?
Sent from Xiaomi POCO F1 using GAGT

Easiest way bring down to xiaomi service center and get them to verify lor. Or get someone who bought their phone directly from xiaomi shops to post screenshot of their imei verification. Right now i am more inclined to feel more fishy about sets that show delivery addresss from other countries.

From Mi A2 thread
https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=115998141

These folks bought from export set sellers.
1 month shop warranty. Did a verification check at Xiaomi website, it indicates the delivery address is Indonesia. If spoil go to Indonesia for repair? lol

How to verify authencity of the mi a2 ?

i just got one for $298 from Qoo..
I check on xiaomi verify with IMEI and it states the correct Mi A2 4gb/64gb but it's from Paraguay.

However, I dont have the scratch off 20 digit security code label at the back of the box.
So now I'm stuck.. i donno whether it is authentic.. #FML.

richneo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
mi 9t pro users. what is the shipping firmware in your device?

can test if you can add visa card into your google pay?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.