Samsung Note 10/10+ issues

nakky87

Reaction score
Is it my phone or is it all the same? When play video or what using phone speaker the back of the phone near the camera will vibrate according to the sound. It like a echoing rebound and causes it.
It from the top speaker

louis23

Reaction score
Is it my phone or is it all the same? When play video or what using phone speaker the back of the phone near the camera will vibrate according to the sound. It like a echoing rebound and causes it.
It from the top speaker

Yes I experience it too. According to jerryrigeverything teardown video, the speaker is at the back

jbern25

Reaction score
Gear S3 Frontier from Note 8 connect to Note 10+

Hi,

Not sure if this is the right place. I am having issues on my Gear S3 watch when I pair it to Note 10+. Some of the watch faces (especially the purchased watch faces) is not available on the Note 10+ Galaxy Store. When I go to Galaxy App >> My Page >> All, I cannot see the complete list of the watches faces I purchased before. While it can be re-downloaded and installed on my Note 8 Galaxy Store. It is all present on my Note 8 if I pair it again to it.

I also tried backing up everything on my Gear S3 watch from Note 8 then restore when I pair it to Note 10+ but still the some of watch faces are not downloaded afterwards.

The only difference I see is the Galaxy Store version. Not sure if this is the reason.

Need help on this. Thanks!

galaxyuser

Reaction score
Samsung needs to fix the Note10+ software fast enough.

Sometimes when I plug in the USB-C Cable into the port, I get an error message saying "This USB connector is not supported". I believe it has something to do with the system software rejecting the charge. Whenever I restart, the problem automatically goes away.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Sometimes when I plug in the USB-C Cable into the port, I get an error message saying "This USB connector is not supported". I believe it has something to do with the system software rejecting the charge. Whenever I restart, the problem automatically goes away.

I never encountered this issue. I’m using my previous Note9’s fast charger.

Glariel

Banned
Reaction score
Charger got issue, try using other charger

galaxyuser

Reaction score
UPDATE: Found out from the Samsung Plaza Singapura Service Centre that a new charging protection mechanism has been introduced with the Note10 and 10+. Such that only one side of the reversible type C connector will be recognised to avoid causing accidental damage to the phone's port. Only insert into the port the side of the type C with the ridges on the type C connector itself. Photo below.

RnCtjOx.jpg

MQxOKpO.jpg

On Type-C cables that don't have the ridges on either side, it will be a trial and error. Rest assured that only the phone port to type-C connector is the concern here. Plugging any way on the charger side doesn't matter.

Failure to insert the right way will sometimes cause the phone to prompt up a message saying "This USB connector isn't supported."

"Will take my set to Vivocity soon." (Old comment)

I never encountered this issue. I’m using my previous Note9’s fast charger.

Last edited:

Apparatus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone can get the video call working?

I tried calling out to another Samsung phone and an error message pops up saying 'Video call cannot be made to this phone number'

Video calling in from another Samsung phone also gives the same error message

I noticed Google Duo is installed by default. Is Samsung using Duo for video calling? Otherwise should I uninstall it?

Thanks

Last edited:

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
UPDATE: Found out from the Samsung Plaza Singapura Service Centre that a new charging protection mechanism has been introduced with the Note10 and 10+. Such that only one side of the reversible type C connector will be recognised to avoid causing accidental damage to the phone's port. Only insert into the port the side of the type C with the ridges on the type C connector itself. Photo below.

RnCtjOx.jpg

MQxOKpO.jpg

On Type-C cables that don't have the ridges on either side, it will be a trial and error. Rest assured that only the phone port to type-C connector is the concern here. Plugging any way on the charger side doesn't matter.

Failure to insert the right way will sometimes cause the phone to prompt up a message saying "This USB connector isn't supported."

Didn’t know got such a theory. I remembered the ridges side are always facing below, but still no issue.

Rospenn

Reaction score

RnCtjOx.jpg

MQxOKpO.jpg

In this case the new charging protection mechanism defeat the "no wrong side plug-in" benefits of the type C connector.

In fact, it will causes even more inconvenience compared to the old micro-usb.

tkl23786

Master Member
Reaction score

RnCtjOx.jpg

MQxOKpO.jpg

The ridges are not new. Even my Note 8 cables which came with the OG packaging have the ridges too. So, it is actually incorrect for the service centre personnel to say that the ridges are introduced for the Note 10/10+

And if I am not mistaken, Samsung outsourced to 3rd party for the service centres. So, not everything informed by the service centre is 100% accurate.

Apparatus

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ok the answer to why my Note 10+ cannot make/receive video calls is found. BTW, I'm using Singtel service.

After exhaustive testings it's being found that there's no issue with the physical SIM card

As I'm uisng COMBO 3 now I have in total 3x SIM cards. 2x white color SIM cards with phone numbers starting with 8 and the latest red color problematic one with phone number starting with 9

The ones starting with 8 can send/receive video calls but not the one with a 9. I have tried using two different red color SIM cards starting with 9 and they don't work. One was my original new SIM card and the other is a replacement SIM card both with different numbers but starts with a 9.

Found the problem after calling 1688. Now can make video calls from Note 10+ leow.

It seems Singtel left out the video call provision in the new SIM cards which is supposed to be there in the first place

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.