Singtel HG8244H change to Bridge Mode

alwaysbadboy

Reaction score
There are two software versions based on my findings.

1: Software version: V3R017C00S100
for this one, You may follow below post
https://medium.com/@lff0305/how-to-set-hg8244h-in-bridge-mode-20ca417380fe

2: Software version: V3R018C00S100
for this one, the vendor removed "WAN Configuration" and add in "Mode switching" under the Maintenance tab.
Connect your laptop directly to Singtel ONR and manually set your IP address to 192.168.1.200/24
Browse to 192.168.1.254.

Username: support
Pwd:admintelecom

1: Enable DHCP relay under LAN configuration
2: Advance Configuration -> Maintenance -> Mode switching ->Bridge

The device will auto-restart once the Apply button pressed.

Connect your ASUS router WAN to ONR LAN port
During the setup wizard, please choose "special requirement from ISP"
Then choose "Singtel-MIO" regardless of your plan ie you didn't sign up for MIO TV

Okay, all done, now your ASUS router act as the main router, DDNS, and port forwarding run as per normal.

BTW
You will need a VLAN 10 for WAN port in order to get DHCP works on 3rd party router if they don't have a built-in function like Asus.
VLAN 20 for Mio-TV
VLAN 30 for Voice

enjoy ~~~~

Last edited:

uncle_josh

Reaction score
There are two software version based on my findings.

1: Software version :V3R017C00S100

2: Software version :V3R018C00S100
for this one, vendor removed "WAN Configuration" and add in "Mode switching" under Maintenance tab.
Connect your laptop directly to Singtel ONR and manually set your IP address to 192.168.1.200/24
Browse to 192.168.1.254.

Pwd:telecomeadmin

Device will auto restart once Apply button pressed.

During setup wizard, please choose "special requirement from ISP"
Then choose "Singtel-MIO" regardless of your plan ie you didn't sign up for MIO TV

Okay, all done, now your ASUS router act as main router, DDNS and port forwarding run as per normal.

BTW
any one knows the detail of "special requirement from ISP“ ? i m still trying to put my ROS into service.

enjoy ~~~~
Wow, good information

Sent from 今天工作不努力, 明天努力找工作 using GAGT

menghan

Reaction score
Hi alwaysbadboy

I tried on my singtel onr of the second version, and found the user/pass you provided can't login in.
I even tried "support:telecomadmin" which remove a 'e', still can't.

alwaysbadboy

Reaction score
Hi alwaysbadboy

I tried on my singtel onr of the second version, and found the user/pass you provided can't login in.
I even tried "support:telecomadmin" which remove a 'e', still can't.

sorry. it should telecoadmin

HMAN

Master Member
Reaction score
Good INFO, this come in handy , my Singtel fibre 3 years free service is ending soon.
Wonder can I keep to current Singtel ONT .

too lazy to touch my current setup with Google WiFi mesh that I used vlan setup to bypass the crappy Singtel provided Aztec router.

The ONR will mess up with current setup

Sent from Google PIXEL C using GAGT

ccloh

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if i'm not wrong, once you login to change it from ONR to ONT you could never login back again unless you do a hard reset and revert it back to ONR.

i having a ONR too but i don't find any issue connecting it to any third party router. by doing so i would be doing a double NAT network that all which doesn't really bother me. place the ONR near smart TV, TV box or game console I can connect to the internet and for reset of the devices like pc, laptop, smartphone, etc i just access it via the 3rd party router. the only thing knowing the superuser id+password is to login to the router and set the DNS to using public DNS server rather than singtel default.

the superuser id+password is factory default for Huawei equipment and doubt singtel can change it as there isn't any option inside to allow you to change it. the only option that one can change the userid and password is for the user level which singtel provides when they came to install.

Downloader

Reaction score
username : support
password : admintelecom

tested on V3R018C00S100

Is this superadmin?

My ONR is also the same firmware and now I can login.

However, I'm wondering why mode switching is showing routing mode when I was told it's bridge mode.

My setup (simplified, will provide more details if needed):

• ONR port 1 (supposedly bridge) > Asus router (gets public ip)
  • ONR port 2 to 4 (only IPTV, no internet) > 3 x set tops

Anyone can advise what kind of setup is this and anyway to get internet also on port 2 to 4 so that Ch 404 Netflix on set top could work while the rest remain the same?

cstanhwz

Master Member
Reaction score
Just had my Huawei and AC plus installed today and tried below. Did not chect the FW version.

Step 2 I straight away go to change mode switch to bridge then apply. The Huawei restarts. After that I was presented with the login screen of the Huawei again but did not log in.

After some time, the page changed to the AC plus page. I assume the AC plus will detect the Huawei is in bridge mode and change itself to router mode. Cannot surf so I restart the AC plus. Still cannot surf after it had booted up.

Should the AC plus auto detect if the Huawei is in bridge or router mode and auto configure itself?

2: Advance Configuration -> Maintenance??? -> Mode switching ->Bridge

Last edited:

ccloh

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just had my Huawei and AC plus installed today and tried below. Did not chect the FW version.

Step 2 I straight away go to change mode switch to bridge then apply. The Huawei restarts. After that I was presented with the login screen of the Huawei again but did not log in.

After some time, the page changed to the AC plus page. I assume the AC plus will detect the Huawei is in bridge mode and change itself to router mode. Cannot surf so I restart the AC plus. Still cannot surf after it had booted up.

Should the AC plus auto detect if the Huawei is in bridge or router mode and auto configure itself?

2: Advance Configuration -> Maintenance??? -> Mode switching ->Bridge

AC Plus is a router but its router features are all disabled and it works as an AP. that is why when you change the ONR to ONT you can't get internet. for those who changed the ONR to ONT are because they want to use 3rd party router. for your case, either you get a 3rd part router or you just have to change back to ONR if you want to use AC Plus

cstanhwz

Master Member
Reaction score
AC Plus is a router but its router features are all disabled and it works as an AP. that is why when you change the ONR to ONT you can't get internet. for those who changed the ONR to ONT are because they want to use 3rd party router. for your case, either you get a 3rd part router or you just have to change back to ONR if you want to use AC Plus

OK, noted. Was hoping that it would not auto detect the ONR has changed to ONT. Since it is AP mode only, the Huawei should be in bridge mode now.

Will try with my 3rd party wireless router next week when I go over again.

Hope it works once select Singtel for the VLan.

Thanks.

beng07

Reaction score
OK, noted. Was hoping that it would not auto detect the ONR has changed to ONT. Since it is AP mode only, the Huawei should be in bridge mode now.

Will try with my 3rd party wireless router next week when I go over again.

Hope it works once select Singtel for the VLan.

Thanks.

So good that you managed to change it. I have no luck with the user/password

cstanhwz

Master Member
Reaction score
So good that you managed to change it. I have no luck with the user/password

I can't be too happy yet. Although managed to set the settings as mentioned, not sure it will work. Will have to try next week if I have the time.

When you try to login, is it the Huawei page? If both username and password you also cannot login, maybe yours is another firmware version?

zoneguard

Reaction score
The first method OP outlined works for Whizcomms as well. Version: V3R017C00S100.

beng07

Reaction score
Just noticed that it doesn't work with Safari. I can login now with another browser.

bert64

Reaction score
I have the model HG8240T5 with firmware V5R019C00S110 and none of the posted passwords seem to be working, anyone have any idea?

sunset80

Reaction score
I tried enabled dhcp relay, set to bridge mode, configured vlan10 on 3rd party router but I couldn't get public IP. Anything that i missed out?

There are two software versions based on my findings.

1: Software version: V3R017C00S100

2: Software version: V3R018C00S100
for this one, the vendor removed "WAN Configuration" and add in "Mode switching" under the Maintenance tab.
Browse to 192.168.1.254.

The device will auto-restart once the Apply button pressed.

During the setup wizard, please choose "special requirement from ISP"

Okay, all done, now your ASUS router act as the main router, DDNS, and port forwarding run as per normal.

BTW
You will need a VLAN 10 for WAN port in order to get DHCP works on 3rd party router if they don't have a built-in function like Asus.
VLAN 20 for Mio-TV
VLAN 30 for Voice

enjoy ~~~~

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.