Citibank Maxigain Savings Account

vddgnd

Reaction score
Yes I just found out also. I applied for stash account then saw on the website they put "Next 100 000". I read it as 100k

already open MaxiGain and was told that I have citiCC so I start at counter 3.
Citi credit card holder can get accelerate starting counter? I didn't get it.

DontTouchMe

Master Member
Reaction score
Always wondered why anyone would want to open stash. UOB One better.

You mean if have Citibank credit card start at counter 3 ? First time hear this.

yeah i think i didn’t read carefully, not sure what to do with that account now :s22:

the problem is i don’t have salary credit and i don’t use UOB card

DontTouchMe

Master Member
Reaction score
Citi credit card holder can get accelerate starting counter? I didn't get it.

that’s what the person opening my account told me. she said it’s a promotion until october but i can’t seems to find anything online.

might need to wait for next month statement to confirm

testingabc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yeah i think i didn’t read carefully, not sure what to do with that account now :s22:

the problem is i don’t have salary credit and i don’t use UOB card

For me i cannot fulfill salary credit so I got a CIMB Fastsaver account 1% fuss free for cash that I will used, while cash that I don't used will be at Citibank Maxigain and CIMB fixed deposit. I personally feel CIMB fastsaver is definitely better than UOB stash in the sense it's fuss free.

yantao

Master Member
Reaction score
that’s what the person opening my account told me. she said it’s a promotion until october but i can’t seems to find anything online.

might need to wait for next month statement to confirm
I can confirm that.
My Citi consultant sent a form over to sign & return to start my new Maxigain at counter 3 as well

Sent from Xiaomi POCOPHONE F1 using GAGT

DontTouchMe

Master Member
Reaction score
For me i cannot fulfill salary credit so I got a CIMB Fastsaver account 1% fuss free for cash that I will used, while cash that I don't used will be at Citibank Maxigain and CIMB fixed deposit. I personally feel CIMB fastsaver is definitely better than UOB stash in the sense it's fuss free.

just took a look at fast saver but too bad i’m stuck with uob stash for awhile before i can close the account. maybe after 6month i can switch over to cimb.

is the atm hard to find?

DontTouchMe

Master Member
Reaction score
I can confirm that.
My Citi consultant sent a form over to sign & return to start my new Maxigain at counter 3 as well

cool! i’m still thinking why i can’t find the promotion online :s13:

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I can confirm that.

This is good news for those who want to start Maxigain.

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just took a look at fast saver but too bad i’m stuck with uob stash for awhile before i can close the account. maybe after 6month i can switch over to cimb.

is the atm hard to find?

Very hard. Use internet banking to FAST transfer from CIMB to your usual bank eg POSB, OCBC then withdraw from their ATM.

deemon

Reaction score
Uob one don’t need salary credit. Just need 3 giro debit and 500 spending to maximize the interest. Giro and be giro payment for credit card bill as well.

EEXOOO

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
you can, but do take note you can only get bonus interest from 0.1% onwards, which is very little imo for the first few months. if you have the funds to top up 55k more, you can get 0.7x1.88(current sibor rate) more each month.

Yeah understood. I’m hitting the bonus interest for other accounts. Intending to build up the counter before I put the rest in. Thanks man.

htngwilliam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I can confirm that.

Now I start to worry. Sounds like citibank need more deposit and start to have this kind of arrangement. Must be yaya like our local banks mah. You want u come, don't want then get lost kind of attitude

K_E_N_L_A_W

Reaction score
August interest is in but i cannot access via website. only through the mobile app.
← new update, i was informed that Citibank website is under maintenance and only avail the next day 2 Sep. I managed to login with the direct link I was using previously. OTP was buggy but I managed to login and make the transfer. 😁

Last edited:

Beta_123

Reaction score
Do they give out interest on different date? I just started putting in 70k at counter 6 but I only get 70+ interest this month, which makes out to be 1.35%

Sent from Xiaomi MI 8 using GAGT

havetheveryfun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do they give out interest on different date? I just started putting in 70k at counter 6 but I only get 70+ interest this month, which makes out to be 1.35%

cos bonus interest is based on the PREVIOUS months balance .

K_E_N_L_A_W

Reaction score

They will have 2 lines, 1) bonus interest earned 2) interest earned when they send you the interests but it will be on the same day.

Last edited:

towkayray

Banned
Reaction score
No issues. I’ve opened the Islamic account before for Maybank and CIMB without any issues, though some CSOs are unaware that the iSavvy higher interest promotion applies for the iSavvy-Islamic account as well.

The Islamic account has to be opened at Maybank branches. Cannot do online.

Funny. My mum says as Christians, it's not right to use Islamic banking.

Singleton

Reaction score
I top up ard 39k to reach 70k on 31 jul...at counter 12 now..get around $108... Safe to take out interest today without dropping the counter?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.