Loan Shark Harassment and how to stop it - Part 2

• Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mindline.sg has helpful resources for you. More info

Unlucky_chap

Reaction score
Did you transfer $ out from your account to other accounts for payments? or did you only receive $ into your account?

One fine day, i found out my account was frozen. Not surprised. Was called for statement taking and brought along my bank statements to show IO. After that few weeks later he called to inform all clear and stop paying the ls.

Stupid person

Reaction score
Just some words from a veteran (stupid)

Hey guys,

I would like to stand out in support of all the bros here who keep repeating the same advice over and over again for the support of all that have been scammed or played by the UMLs/ scam *******s. This may be a long one.

This comes from myself who had borrowed from UML 9 years ago, got into trouble with UML because i did a job for the UML as i was younger and scared of the threats given by the UMLs over the phone due to late payments.

I was arrested and jailed when i was 29. Darkest days of my life then. Went in a few weeks as the job i did was not direct harassment but i admitted to it. Charged for assisting UML operations.

I served my time, went bankrupt (i had a lot of credit debts caused by gambling).

It was terribly embarrassing and inconvenient with the bankruptcy and the jail sentence. Hard to find jobs and had to rely on some streetsmart and managed to crawl back up to now own a small business, doing ok. Even so, during this period, i also ran into some periods of extreme difficulty and i responded to a whatsapp message from a UML and thought i could borrow something to tide over. What happened after was a period of threats from all the moneylenders previously after scanning my Singpass which gave them details to everything about my new life ---> HELL for a second round.

What i experienced was the full suite of tricks and methods from all these UML. from friendly bargaining to immediately threatening to send people to mess up my door and sent love letters to my mail. I lived in embarrassment and fear and started to pay again out of the want to stop all the nonsense. I got trapped again in a cycle that happened years back. One day, after one round of threats, I WOKE UP. I realised suddenly very clearly that i cannot support this kind of payments and had to end it. I rounded up my wife, parents and my employer and told them everything. I expected to be chided and to be blamed again. BUT everyone took my side. everyone who i loved took my side as everyone were genuinely angry at the UMLs.

We (my family) all changed numbers and we made police report and installed a camera. We had a number of nuisances including a very messy fire at my door which the UMLs tried to scare us. (the fire at my door nearly spreaded into my flat. it was lucky i didnt have any combustible material to feed the fire on the way to the sofa. And me and my wife slept through the incident until i discovered it in the morning. Lucky HDB fire insurance paid for the damage and i had a good paintover the soot-blackened areas. but the soot damage done to the corridor was amazing and i thank the Town council for their fast actions and my neighbours for their patience. The arsonists were arrested shortly after.

But what i am writing here is not to say anything about me. I just want to share with all who are having problems with UML. The below are things i learnt and hope gets through to everyone in trouble now:

1. DO NOT FEAR. THINK LOGICALLY.

Whether you borrowed or were scammed, it's the same. The UMLs and/or scammers belong to large groups based overseas (as it is impossible to operate in SG already). These people have no reach on you and rely heavily on runners to do their work. As such, they REALLY cant do much damage to you long term unless you allow yourself to continue paying or be too embarrassed to stop them. Continuing to pay gets you in a spiral that gets heavier and heavier everyday, and there is no end. Their business model is fear-mongering. No reason or no logic. They may sound good to you. they may have been your perceived friend. But think again. You have never seen them. Nor do you know them. Why pay that kind of interest/ scammed payments to feed them when the money can go into making your family feel better?

They woke on fear and are good at it. many of them are just young punks working like you for a boss who has a set of SOPs and KPIs for them to observe. The people who call you from different stalls, loaning you money or listening to your request are all people working for the same bosses, just finding excuses to load you so they can have a money flow in singapore.

2. WHAT HAPPENS AFTER YOU STOP PAYING?

Lucky ones (usually the small scam cases or small loan cases who paid back) should not get heavy disturbances like locks or fire. You will get harassed at your door or mail box or workplace. Its like their last step before they write you off for the time being. They may come back once in a while to send a couple of letters or uncalled pizzas to your place.

Unlucky ones will get the "heavy-duty" punishments. AND THEN they will slowly taper off if you do not respond.

But trust me. nothing is worst than living in the constant threat environment which will eat you alive and make you do things that you logically will not do. like work for them to reduce your loan. like steal from your family. like destroying friendships by constantly borrowing from them.

3.SO HOW DOES IT ALL END?

Easy,

1. police report - tell the truth
2. Do not pay any more - everytime you pay, you make them want to come after you more.
3. change your phone line - no contact will mean a clearer mind
4. inform your family and employer - tell the side of a story to get them to side with you. you will be surprised how everyone actually cares for you. It may be temporarily painful but it's the ONLY way
5. Clear up the disturbances and harassment and over time, it ends. Full stop.

4. ANY MORE THINGS YOU SHOULD LOOK OUT FOR?

NEVER GIVE YOUR SINGPASS INFO OUT. YOU WILL BE SURPRISED HOW MUCH DAMAGE IT CAN DO TO YOU.

To everyone out there, if you work with the UMLs or if you think you want to work for the UMLs, YOU WILL GET CAUGHT. It's not worth it.

Just my sharing and hope that it heals you as much as it heals a part of me.

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I would like to stand out in support of all the bros here who keep repeating the same advice over and over again for the support of all that have been scammed or played by the UMLs/ scam *******s. This may be a long one.

This comes from myself who had borrowed from UML 9 years ago, got into trouble with UML because i did a job for the UML as i was younger and scared of the threats given by the UMLs over the phone due to late payments.

I was arrested and jailed when i was 29. Darkest days of my life then. Went in a few weeks as the job i did was not direct harassment but i admitted to it. Charged for assisting UML operations.

I served my time, went bankrupt (i had a lot of credit debts caused by gambling).

It was terribly embarrassing and inconvenient with the bankruptcy and the jail sentence. Hard to find jobs and had to rely on some streetsmart and managed to crawl back up to now own a small business, doing ok. Even so, during this period, i also ran into some periods of extreme difficulty and i responded to a whatsapp message from a UML and thought i could borrow something to tide over. What happened after was a period of threats from all the moneylenders previously after scanning my Singpass which gave them details to everything about my new life ---> HELL for a second round.

What i experienced was the full suite of tricks and methods from all these UML. from friendly bargaining to immediately threatening to send people to mess up my door and sent love letters to my mail. I lived in embarrassment and fear and started to pay again out of the want to stop all the nonsense. I got trapped again in a cycle that happened years back. One day, after one round of threats, I WOKE UP. I realised suddenly very clearly that i cannot support this kind of payments and had to end it. I rounded up my wife, parents and my employer and told them everything. I expected to be chided and to be blamed again. BUT everyone took my side. everyone who i loved took my side as everyone were genuinely angry at the UMLs.

We (my family) all changed numbers and we made police report and installed a camera. We had a number of nuisances including a very messy fire at my door which the UMLs tried to scare us. (the fire at my door nearly spreaded into my flat. it was lucky i didnt have any combustible material to feed the fire on the way to the sofa. And me and my wife slept through the incident until i discovered it in the morning. Lucky HDB fire insurance paid for the damage and i had a good paintover the soot-blackened areas. but the soot damage done to the corridor was amazing and i thank the Town council for their fast actions and my neighbours for their patience. The arsonists were arrested shortly after.

But what i am writing here is not to say anything about me. I just want to share with all who are having problems with UML. The below are things i learnt and hope gets through to everyone in trouble now:

1. DO NOT FEAR. THINK LOGICALLY.

Whether you borrowed or were scammed, it's the same. The UMLs and/or scammers belong to large groups based overseas (as it is impossible to operate in SG already). These people have no reach on you and rely heavily on runners to do their work. As such, they REALLY cant do much damage to you long term unless you allow yourself to continue paying or be too embarrassed to stop them. Continuing to pay gets you in a spiral that gets heavier and heavier everyday, and there is no end. Their business model is fear-mongering. No reason or no logic. They may sound good to you. they may have been your perceived friend. But think again. You have never seen them. Nor do you know them. Why pay that kind of interest/ scammed payments to feed them when the money can go into making your family feel better?

They woke on fear and are good at it. many of them are just young punks working like you for a boss who has a set of SOPs and KPIs for them to observe. The people who call you from different stalls, loaning you money or listening to your request are all people working for the same bosses, just finding excuses to load you so they can have a money flow in singapore.

2. WHAT HAPPENS AFTER YOU STOP PAYING?

Lucky ones (usually the small scam cases or small loan cases who paid back) should not get heavy disturbances like locks or fire. You will get harassed at your door or mail box or workplace. Its like their last step before they write you off for the time being. They may come back once in a while to send a couple of letters or uncalled pizzas to your place.

Unlucky ones will get the "heavy-duty" punishments. AND THEN they will slowly taper off if you do not respond.

But trust me. nothing is worst than living in the constant threat environment which will eat you alive and make you do things that you logically will not do. like work for them to reduce your loan. like steal from your family. like destroying friendships by constantly borrowing from them.

3.SO HOW DOES IT ALL END?

Easy,

1. police report - tell the truth
2. Do not pay any more - everytime you pay, you make them want to come after you more.
3. change your phone line - no contact will mean a clearer mind
4. inform your family and employer - tell the side of a story to get them to side with you. you will be surprised how everyone actually cares for you. It may be temporarily painful but it's the ONLY way
5. Clear up the disturbances and harassment and over time, it ends. Full stop.

4. ANY MORE THINGS YOU SHOULD LOOK OUT FOR?

NEVER GIVE YOUR SINGPASS INFO OUT. YOU WILL BE SURPRISED HOW MUCH DAMAGE IT CAN DO TO YOU.

To everyone out there, if you work with the UMLs or if you think you want to work for the UMLs, YOU WILL GET CAUGHT. It's not worth it.

Thank you for sharing, appreciate your openess and it will go a long way to give new victims hope and the strength to take control and action. Take care and all the BEST! You are no longer s.t.u.p.i.d!

KratosMentos

Reaction score
Hey guys,

You did well, good job so far! Don't fall back to the dark side again. 加油!!

Don.tasrif

Reaction score
You paid 22 stalls in total. 3-4 payments a day.... I'm paying 3 a day and extra extra 1 on Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday. I'm almost dried out of everything... Now at total lost as all commitment made to the stupid LS that I neglect my financial responsibilities as a husband. I've been following this forum for quite sometime but I have yet to have the courage to pull the plug. I tried to do it on one occasion but backed out as my wife is a civil servant. Right now I have ghost out on one but he has been sending me pictures of my unit and he has pasted some o$p$ on my neighborhood blocks. Was informed by my friend of the pastings. Yesterday he sent a threat saying that he is responsible for the current things that he will be doing. Kept me awake the whole night thinking about. Sigh

Mr. Wood

Banned
Reaction score
precisely those scums prey on yr weakness.
report to police.
if u scared of them the more daring they will be.
and i suggest come clean with employer, CS or not, dat u is victim of cockroaches. hopefully yr employer is understanding

Mr. Wood

Banned
Reaction score
123 arrested for loan shark activities in 3-day blitz

Under the Moneylenders' Act, when a person's bank account or ATM card is used to facilitate unlicensed moneylending, that person is presumed to have assisted in the carrying on the business of unlicensed moneylending.

First-time offenders convicted of carrying on or assisting in a business of unlicensed moneylending may be jailed up to four years, receive up to six strokes of the cane and may also be fined between $30,000 and $300,000.

Those convicted of acting on behalf of an unlicensed moneylender, committing or attempting to commit any acts of harassment, may be jailed up to five years, get between three and six strokes of the cane, and may also be fined between $5,000 and $50,000.

Mr. Wood

Banned
Reaction score
fk care those scum cockroaches.
report to police. jail + rotan them.
unless the cockroach is minister's children, police will take action.
if one police dun take action, go another station, go MP.

Suz120373

Reaction score
Advise needed

It's been 16 days since I stopped contacting the 2LS and payments. It's only once that they called my office and that too hanged up. Since then it's quiet. I have another big issue that am not sure what to do. I am owing 3 LML and I have delayed the repayment and today is the due for all 3. I don't have a single cent to pay them and am very worried. My family is not aware of all these and please advise me what to do. Thank you

Bebe2019

Reaction score
You paid 22 stalls in total. 3-4 payments a day.... I'm paying 3 a day and extra extra 1 on Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday. I'm almost dried out of everything... Now at total lost as all commitment made to the stupid LS that I neglect my financial responsibilities as a husband. I've been following this forum for quite sometime but I have yet to have the courage to pull the plug. I tried to do it on one occasion but backed out as my wife is a civil servant. Right now I have ghost out on one but he has been sending me pictures of my unit and he has pasted some o$p$ on my neighborhood blocks. Was informed by my friend of the pastings. Yesterday he sent a threat saying that he is responsible for the current things that he will be doing. Kept me awake the whole night thinking about. Sigh

How much u owe on that particular LS for him to paste O$P$poster if I may know? Thanks

Timmy50

Reaction score
It's been 16 days since I stopped contacting the 2LS and payments. It's only once that they called my office and that too hanged up. Since then it's quiet. I have another big issue that am not sure what to do. I am owing 3 LML and I have delayed the repayment and today is the due for all 3. I don't have a single cent to pay them and am very worried. My family is not aware of all these and please advise me what to do. Thank you

try calling the LML? tell them that you are trying your best to borrow some money from friends and relatives to pay them. i also owe 1 LML and i keep calling them everyday to tell them my status of payment.

Suz120373

Reaction score
They just not listening because I postponed for one week and now they are threatening me. Calling me non stop. My family is not aqare of allthese .
try calling the LML? tell them that you are trying your best to borrow some money from friends and relatives to pay them. i also owe 1 LML and i keep calling them everyday to tell them my status of payment.

Don.tasrif

Reaction score
It all started when I borrowed $3K it was supposed to be $3k return $3600 and defer $600. So initially was paying the deferment as normal then there was an incident where I had no source of income to pay then they gave me another account to offset the defer and help me roll which then is $1500 return $1800 defer $300 but unfortunately, the second loan got my bank frozen. But they convinced me that it will be ok. But I was desperate for money at the point. Afterwhich one operator after another comes in and offer daily repayment, weekly repayment etc. which made me to go deeper and deeper. During the time my bank was frozen led me into so in depth that right now the feeling makes me sometimes feel like dying. So my point is that I felt that I'm in trapped by these LS operating which makes me think they're helping when in fact got me into deeper misery. I am currently servicing on 4LS but I ghost 1 out, the one which made my bank frozen but still the other 3LS is also causing a huge damage on my source of income and also my life. Because on calculation I've been paying the deferment more than the principle amount.

How much u owe on that particular LS for him to paste O$P$poster if I may know? Thanks

Iamsostress

Reaction score
They just not listening because I postponed for one week and now they are threatening me. Calling me non stop. My family is not aqare of allthese .
LML have guideline in their business and they cant threaten you here and there and make a police report if they keep harassing yop
Try negotiate repayment term with them and remember owed money is not crime in singapore

Timmy50

Reaction score
It all started when I borrowed $3K it was supposed to be $3k return $3600 and defer $600. So initially was paying the deferment as normal then there was an incident where I had no source of income to pay then they gave me another account to offset the defer and help me roll which then is $1500 return $1800 defer $300 but unfortunately, the second loan got my bank frozen. But they convinced me that it will be ok. But I was desperate for money at the point. Afterwhich one operator after another comes in and offer daily repayment, weekly repayment etc. which made me to go deeper and deeper. During the time my bank was frozen led me into so in depth that right now the feeling makes me sometimes feel like dying. So my point is that I felt that I'm in trapped by these LS operating which makes me think they're helping when in fact got me into deeper misery. I am currently servicing on 4LS but I ghost 1 out, the one which made my bank frozen but still the other 3LS is also causing a huge damage on my source of income and also my life. Because on calculation I've been paying the deferment more than the principle amount.

i currently ghosting on 3 LS with 5 loans. i have only made defer payments to 2 of my loans before i ghost. so far 3 nights nothing happen only 1 mac delivery made but i explained to the delivery guy what happpened and he just go off. This is just the beginning. i have blocked all possible numbers that they used to call me. I have been staying awake till 4am for these 3 nights and will continue to do so till my CCTV is up.

police report made and requested them to patrol my area during the wee hours of the night.

Last edited:
Reaction score

Report to police asap. Stop paying.

Don.tasrif

Reaction score
This has been haunting me the past few nights too.... Sigh!

i currently ghosting on 3 LS with 5 loans. i have only made defer payments to 2 of my loans before i ghost. so far 3 nights nothing happen only 1 mac delivery made but i explained to the delivery guy what happpened and he just go off. This is just the beginning. i have blocked all possible numbers that they used to call me. I have been staying awake till 4am for these 3 nights and will continue to do so till my CCTV is up.

police report made and requested them to patrol my area during the wee hours of the night.

Timmy50

Reaction score
This has been haunting me the past few nights too.... Sigh!

we dont have a choice because of the mistakes we made. just go make police report, close your bank account and change all numbers that you have given them. let your families, friends and people at work know about this. have to be thick skin like those who said here. this is no time for us to save our faces anymore.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.