EDMW Knife Collectors

dylan223

Reaction score
New to knives

so i have never owned a knife before, i am thinking of getting a kershaw (yes ik that automatics are illegal) that is under 80sgd, im wondering how old must u be to own a knife and if u buy a knife from overseas, when it ships , will it be stuck in the post office or smth as it is a knife and if i have to be a certain age to collect it ?

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
special knives for sale - rare users for real users

reposted with updates

Last edited:

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
STill available - $300. And it now includes a nice kasumi finish, and a fresh edge of Japanese natural stones.

And pics of the knife with the kasumi finish (yass).

nEwMeQU.jpg

T2ulboI.jpg

Only $300 for this custom handled kanesho aogami santoku! Kasumi was applied using a shobudani stone.

This is still available at a reduced price - $250 cash and collect. A custom handling job will cost you USD100 plus shipping to and fro to a foreign maker, at the minimum minimum. This comes with a Japanese made black saya as well, no pin. Awesome cutter and great all round package.

Last edited:

Dryxhyl

Reaction score
For Sale, not looking for trades:

Decepticon Tano 20CV, #29 - $1270

Terra Ti #55 - $1240

Decepticon Mini #38 - $OLD

Pepyakka S #594 - $550

Pepyakka 1 #73 (not shown, copper has patina, with moderate scuff marks on button and arm) - $140

Comes with pouch and spares, if applicable. Do expect slight scuff marks from light carry.

Feel free to DM me for more pictures and details. Meetups at Boon Keng MRT after 6.30pm, or separate arrangement at a case by case basis.

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
I don't post much now, the crowd has dried up. but since there is no real marketplace for these in the local context, I'll leave these up here:

1. Carothers SOLD

2. Enzo Birk 75, reground by Gareth Bull to be thin behind the edge and modded with the custom Emerson look - titanium bolsters, thumb dips, beveled front edge, dovetailed and raised green/brown micarta scales, blasted liner edges. Some screws need attention - either JB Weld or change new screws (Euro 6 for whole set when they are in stock from Brisa.fi), but for EDC/daily pocket carry, it's all good. I have the clip but have a screw missing. Used, scratches and marks. The foundation Birk 75 in S30V came with a low scandi grind and costs USD120 plus shipping. Throw in a regrind job, custom scales and bolsters and all the back and forth shipping, and you can see the costs going past USD400 (that's over SGD500 and time, effort and resources).

SGD370 cash and collect. Price is firm.

Knives are sold "as is", as they're users - there will be scratches and marks with use but you can see from the pictures it's not marked like being dragged on asphalt).

Thanks for looking.

Z523gJ8.jpg

nihODqv.jpg

Last edited:

SKinny86

Master Member
Reaction score
I have a kitchen knife want to throw away. Anyone knows the proper way of disposing knifes in sg?

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
I have a kitchen knife want to throw away. Anyone knows the proper way of disposing knifes in sg?

dull the edge if you're going to bin it for safety of anyone handling waste disposal. you can simply just run the edge on concrete/rock a few times till it's dull.

SKinny86

Master Member
Reaction score
dull the edge if you're going to bin it for safety of anyone handling waste disposal. you can simply just run the edge on concrete/rock a few times till it's dull.

Down the chute the is best way? Scare anyhow dispose later people anyhow pick up.

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
why worry if it's dull. actually you can also give it away. only worry if it's used in crime. it's just another tool.

Knafs123

Reaction score
Hi, can u PM me?

Plan to sell my Shirogorov Neon Zero (1100 SGD) and 111 Blue carbon fibre (1450 SGD), in mint condition, both just cut 1 paper, 1 meal (steak for Neon zero and pizza for 111) and 1 apple, cleaned with isopropyl alcohol after use. Let me know if you have interest.

TheBUSTED

Reaction score
Custom knives galore

Looking to sell my custom knives;

Lee Williams Kickstop Mongoose - 5000sgd
Andre Thorburn L16m - 1600sgd
A2 Knives warrior front flipper - 1400sgd

PM me for photos or negotiations :)

Last edited:

hrfoct

Reaction score
hello all,

so what's everyone's go to site to get your knives? - I usually get them from UTH or else Amazon. I'm keen to know if there's anywhere else i can look.

I'm also looking to get a Benchmade Bugout if anyones selling, lmk!

LesPhantom

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys, have been collecting knives on and off for about a year. Mostly local sourced KA-BAR, Buck and a handful of garden varieties like S&W, Cold Steel.

I am looking to purchase direct from Knifecentre or Knifeology, are there anything I should be aware of? Quantity per shipment, length etc so as not to be unnecessarily intercepted by customs?

vespaguy

Master Member
Reaction score
My rare Derek Fraley Handmade Custom Deluge for sale to serious collector(s) only. Only one of its kind - timascus bolsterlock. $5,450 price is firm and fixed. No trades. If you're interested, please PM. He has a multi-year waitlist and he does not make this bolsterlock with such details/configuration - I've had this for years but it's time for someone to take over. Time for Uncle Vespa to retire :s13: after 25 years of collecting exquisite folders.

FFqKj8C.jpg

Last edited:

ivan.ddt

Reaction score
Has anyone bought from wholeknives.com before? Seems like their warehouse is in Singapore, and comes with free shipping. Was looking at Leatherman multi-tools but quite unsure about their warranty... Prices are pretty good though.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.