[Mac 101] Ask your questions here!

symbiote28

Reaction score
what kind of cloth do i use to wipe the screen? anything that i can easily buy at common places?

airboyhhhh

Reaction score
Opinion

Hi guys, with the new IpadOS releasing and my uni is starting, should i get a ipad pro 11' combo with a macbook air? or the ipad pro is sufficent

I mainly wanna use the ipad pro as notetaking then for the macbook air is more of doing up powerpoint slides, essay and also day to day photoshop/lightroom usuage

My uni course does not require any software or application for computer based!

Thanks in advance!!:D:D

falcon2000

Reaction score
Hi guys, with the new IpadOS releasing and my uni is starting, should i get a ipad pro 11' combo with a macbook air ? or the ipad pro is sufficent

I mainly wanna use the ipad pro as notetaking then for the macbook air is more of doing up powerpoint slides, essay and also day to day photoshop / lightroom usuage

My uni course does not require any software or application for computer based.

Thanks in advance!!:D:D

It better to choose MacBook Pro because the color more accurate than macBook air. Color accuracy was important for photoshop / lightroom usage.

qwen92

Reaction score
Hi guys! Wondering if anyone has experience with MacFixIt in JB?

I was there 2 weeks ago and stumbled upon their store so just enquired about my sister's macbook pro 15 (2013) which needs a battery replacement. Quoted RM450 (but I dont know the brand of the battery). Over here it seems to cost about $250 for a OWC battery with installation.

szeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys! Wondering if anyone has experience with MacFixIt in JB?

I was there 2 weeks ago and stumbled upon their store so just enquired about my sister's macbook pro 15 (2013) which needs a battery replacement. Quoted RM450 (but I dont know the brand of the battery). Over here it seems to cost about $250 for a OWC battery with installation.

have u checked with macplus?

donetus

Reaction score
my MBP fell from my bed and sad to say, the display looks like this though there's no crack on the monitor.

does this mean that display assembly needs to be replaced? or could it be just the flex cable or something?

DQzft1.png

rayban

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got dent and warranty? Prepare to pay for changing the LCD screen

my MBP fell from my bed and sad to say, the display looks like this though there's no crack on the monitor.

does this mean that display assembly needs to be replaced? or could it be just the flex cable or something?

DQzft1.png

boliao45

Reaction score
Go to apple store to get it assessed. If the cost is too high you can still choose not to repair it. If you get lucky, you might get some surprises. ;-)

i had this unit for almost 3 years .. no dents nor crack ..
i can imagine the that repair cost would be equal to buying a new Windows laptop.

zenify.me

Reaction score
any replaced their 15 inch mbp 2015 at the applestore recently?

went previously and the turnaround was 2-3 weeks, curious what's the turnaround for the battery change now.

boliao45

Reaction score
2-3weeks is just about normal, especially with the battery recall program ongoing. Typically should be closer to 2 weeks, unless they run out of stock.

any replaced their 15 inch mbp 2015 at the applestore recently?

went previously and the turnaround was 2-3 weeks, curious what's the turnaround for the battery change now.

AristDing

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just sharing, Apple is replacing my 13" MBP after two years and out of warranty because of non stop issues

megtsr

Reaction score
did they give you a new or refurbished set? apple told me they’re replacing mine too, had the same problem as you

just sharing, Apple is replacing my 13" MBP after two years and out of warranty because of non stop issues

AristDing

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
did they give you a new or refurbished set? apple told me they’re replacing mine too, had the same problem as you

I think it's new...... tbh I am already having some small problems with this one

Jxoppa

Reaction score
Would macbook air suffice if i use it for web browsing, spotify, youtube, microsoft office?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.