Release dates for AIB RX5700 gfx cards (non reference)

FD Trinitron

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I feel you don't have to rush in. For a mid tier card, I do feel that 700+ is very pricey, considering that AMD have a higher tendency to slash prices as compared to Intel/ Nvidia.

Thanks for the advice, I also think so.
I just collected my 3700X rig, still haven't unboxed, I have a HD3850 lying around, will use that at the moment.
I'm not into gaming, I guess RX5700 non XT should suffice, problem is that there are no AIB RX5700 locally (will skip MSI), wonder the situation will change in the next 2 months?

w3iw3n

Reaction score
A quick check shows alot of x570boards are like that. If u have the budget for boards like godlike, then u won't face this problem. I'm personally not too bothered by it.

Maybe becos of the fact that the chipset is too near the gfx they then decide to add the blower. These should already be considered when they design the mobo. Vertically mounting the gfx will help.

Gaminator

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
A quick check shows alot of x570boards are like that. If u have the budget for boards like godlike, then u won't face this problem. I'm personally not too bothered by it.
Not only Godlike, better yet, don't have active chipset cooler like the Aorus Xtreme.....but then, I find the 2x PCIe X16/x8 slots too close.

BTW, any sign of THICC, Love THICC!

devilcup

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Amd or ati driver is always not very good. I have been using rx570 for a couple of yr... some new driver do not work well on some games... i have issue with tomb raider, wolfenstein new blood etc... i need to play around with some older driver to get the game running.. sometime i really think i should ger rtx2070 instead...

moonSymph

Reaction score
I've no issue with 19.8.2 leh.. but don't just enable option that the advisor asked u to enable blindly.. some like enhance sync and vsr will caused issue and it not really useful at all.. game I've tested so far.. D3, World War Z, Monster Hunter World all at max setting @ 1440.. also for amd card if vulkan is available use it.. seems like amd perf for dx11 not so optimal..

Last edited:

Gaminator

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
AMD drivers have been much maligned in many forums I go to. Many users, including yours truly, have had very little issuel with AMD drivers.....and AMD drivers aren't known for killing GPU's like the other. ;)

I've been using AMD GPU's, not exclusively as I've been know to dabble with nVidia (now have a GTX1080 in my HTPC rig), and other than a couple of drivers for my older AMD GPU's from years ago, I've had no issue with their recent drivers. I believe the issue has to do with the 5700 series being rather new, give them time to polish the drivers.....

shawntyq

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
saw few new non ref triple fan cards coming out. toxic and taichi

asrock-radeon-rx-5700-xt-taichi-oc-1.jpg

Bonn

Master Member
Reaction score
The ASROCK Taichi 5700XT looks very chio also. But not sure will it come to our shores or not.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I read the link and most of the reviewers complained about the drivers, is it that bad?

Most reviews are posted after NDA lifted and at a very early stage. Now it should be a lot better. You should try to find more current reviews to determine the state of the driver.

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Amd or ati driver is always not very good. I have been using rx570 for a couple of yr... some new driver do not work well on some games... i have issue with tomb raider, wolfenstein new blood etc... i need to play around with some older driver to get the game running.. sometime i really think i should ger rtx2070 instead...

Driver is a hit and miss thing. Both Nvidia and AMD will botch up driver releases. In this case, it is based on a new architect and thus, expected to be a bumpy start. Not that it is acceptable, but this is something not uncommon for early adopters.

moonSymph

Reaction score
same.. I've been mainly using ati/Amd gpu lol.. from 9600pro to 4850 to 4870 to 7770 then now rx5700xt lol.. the only Nvidia card that I used was 6600gt iirc

AMD drivers have been much maligned in many forums I go to. Many users, including yours truly, have had very little issuel with AMD drivers.....and AMD drivers aren't known for killing GPU's like the other. ;)

I've been using AMD GPU's, not exclusively as I've been know to dabble with nVidia (now have a GTX1080 in my HTPC rig), and other than a couple of drivers for my older AMD GPU's from years ago, I've had no issue with their recent drivers. I believe the issue has to do with the 5700 series being rather new, give them time to polish the drivers.....

Mystyque

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
same.. I've been mainly using ati/Amd gpu lol.. from 9600pro to 4850 to 4870 to 7770 then now rx5700xt lol.. the only Nvidia card that I used was 6600gt iirc

It's legacy reputation that dies hard. ATI drivers were a PITA for my first two cards, switched to TnT and was so satisfied that I never switched back from green camp for a few gens even during ATI's popular models. Fortunately when I finally switched back at 3870, it didn't give me much trouble but the old experience stuck cos whenever I get some oddball behavior, it was always hovering at the back of my mind... damn must be the ATI drivers... :s13:

FD Trinitron

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I started with ATI (not AMD) since the ISA (not PCIe) Mach 32, then Vesa Local Bus Mach 64, PCI Mach 64, Rage, Rage 3D, Rage 128, 9500pro, 1950XT, 2900XT, HD3850, HD4870, HD5000/6000 series (can't check from Windows 10) then no upgrade for quite a while until now waiting for AIB RX5700 series.
Have used Creative Banshee, Nvidia GeForce (1st version), GeForce Pro but didn't like the 2D display and colors, after that ATI/AMD all the way.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.