New EC at Sumang Walk

pippo20

Master Member
Reaction score
Saw this funny comment on ST Facebook

"Domestic helper: I don’t know why my master bought such a nice apartment. Such a nice view too. But they are not home from morning to night. I’ll get the view whole day for myself daily...."

:s13:

Of course, any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

Dun be lame lemon grapes lah. Their countries is see river see mountain range, what nice view in spore condo? Other concrete buildings??

momoeagle

Master Member
Reaction score
Dun be lame lemon grapes lah. Their countries is see river see mountain range, what nice view in spore condo? Other concrete buildings??

Dunno leh. So many people supposedly buy the river view in Sumang. You also agree not nice view ah

Merg91

Master Member
Reaction score
You sure she not in a Philippines town seeing 'beautiful' clogged up rivers, slums, gun shot bodies, bald mountains & bad air?

He has already 'retiring young / financial free' in his hdb flat, looking out to nice MSCP & UN flags (hanging laundry).
No sour lemon/grape /lime.

momoeagle

Master Member
Reaction score
You sure she not in a Philippines town seeing 'beautiful' clogged up rivers, slums, gun shot bodies, bald mountains & bad air?

He has already 'retiring young / financial free' in his hdb flat, looking out to nice MSCP & UN flags (hanging laundry).
No sour lemon/grape /lime.
Already say any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

But now got 2 people behaving weirdly based on a comment I saw by someone else on ST facebook post :s13:

Sry ah I woke up late today, now then see see forum. No alarm needed mah

birmingham123

Master Member
Reaction score
Dunno leh. So many people supposedly buy the river view in Sumang. You also agree not nice view ah

I also think the view not nice. If I were to buy sumsung EC, the only reason is that it is more affordable than the rest of the private condo and also not eligible for bto anymore. And some just want to stay in condo and they go for the cheapest since no difference from a nearby condo anyway

momoeagle

Master Member
Reaction score
I also think the view not nice. If I were to buy sumsung EC, the only reason is that it is more affordable than the rest of the private condo and also not eligible for bto anymore. And some just want to stay in condo and they go for the cheapest since no difference from a nearby condo anyway

Reason for me to consider was more of having a much larger living area that new HDBs do not offer.

View doesn't really matter too.

LISUN_777

Reaction score

Agree. It's totally a drainage view. Those who continue to promote the river or waterfront view, please pay a visit and measure the width of it. Plus, Close enough is blocs of HDB facing your living rooms, bedrooms, and balcony, totally blocking any wind from the south.

Eraval

Master Member
Reaction score
I want to ask the agents something and this is the only EC thread

How much pass the income limit can we go if we want to apply for ECs? I know of some who appeal and make it but what is the limit?

Merg91

Master Member
Reaction score
Also agree.
So some are looking forward patiently to Great Southern Waterfront ECs for $1k+ with great sea views.

The only 2 decent river view I know are Kallang /Singapore Rivers.

Agree. It's totally a drainage view. Those who continue to promote the river or waterfront view, please pay a visit and measure the width of it. Plus, Close enough is blocs of HDB facing your living rooms, bedrooms, and balcony, totally blocking any wind from the south.

LISUN_777

Reaction score
Also agree.
So some are looking forward patiently to Great Southern Waterfront ECs for $1k+ with great sea views.

The only 2 decent river view I know are Kallang /Singapore Rivers.

Further on this, the nearby HDB Punggol Bayview project has way much better river view than so-called Riverfront-view units in the Sumang EC.

momoeagle

Master Member
Reaction score
Further on this, the nearby HDB Punggol Bayview project has way much better river view than so-called Riverfront-view units in the Sumang EC.
The river facing units if Sumang were snapped up I believe.

View not really important to me now after some thinking and rationalising. Like now, I also relaxing in library of Compass One. Why want to stay cooped up at home leh?

flame2000

Banned
Reaction score

The so call river view is just a sewage canal. All the shiiitty water flows into there. On a hot day, the stench is unbearable.

Merg91

Master Member
Reaction score
To sour grapes/lemon/lime :
Rivers can be clean up.
And URA may do that to 'Sumang River' later.

Kallang /Singapore Rivers were once........

momoeagle

Master Member
Reaction score
To sour grapes/lemon/lime :
Rivers can be clean up.
And URA may do that to 'Sumang River' later.

Kallang /Singapore Rivers were once........
ya lor.
later. Just dunno when.

Non-sour grapes/lemon/lime, please bear with the smell, if any, while waiting.

Trust Merg91. The clean up will definitely come.
One day.

Meanwhile, do take care of health.

RMCWMR

Banned
Reaction score

How much pass the income limit can we go if we want to apply for ECs? I know of some who appeal and make it but what is the limit?

$14k HHI is the limit. Appeal is subject to approval. But don't count on it.

momoeagle

Master Member
Reaction score
The so call river view is just a sewage canal. All the shiiitty water flows into there. On a hot day, the stench is unbearable.
Sometimes stench can be due to things that sg cannot control

https://mothership.sg/2019/03/urine-smell-yishun-punggol/

Sour grapes/lemons/limes already very sour. Most likely won't want to tahan more sourness. But probably this is minority.

Majority might actually like the air, and will continue push property prices here high up by high demand.

Merg91

Master Member
Reaction score
Even Kallang /Singapore River could become so nice, and you worry about URA not be able to handle a small longkang?

And PG will be TOP in .......years later.

Non-sour grapes/lemon/lime, please bear with the smell, if any, while waiting.

momoeagle

Master Member
Reaction score
Even Kallang /Singapore River could become so nice, and you worry about URA not be able to handle a small longkang?

And PG will be TOP in .......years later.
But I dont think Singapore River nice leh. Can still be quite smelly when you walk along. Only not as bad as last time. But just don't want to disappoint you only since you like smelly things so much.

Punggol river clean up has started at least 10 years ago when residents started moving in. Till now.... maybe another 10 years should be fine hor?

Maybe only.

Merg91

Master Member
Reaction score
Smell?
Go out & see !
Many local /tourists awe to see such clean rivers in a city centre.

These 2 rivers around Marina Bay, Gardens by the Bay, Marina Barrage all the way to Indoor Stadium are my regular long /shorter walks.

But I dont think Singapore River nice leh. Can still be quite smelly when you walk along. Only not as bad as last time. But just don't want to disappoint you only since you like smelly things so much.

Path-Finder

Reaction score
Not an agent but i have friend who is in a good position to advice. Typically exceed by 5% should not be too difficult to appeal. Beyond that will need to have good justification and show evidence.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.