Nintendo Switch thread - Part 3

auzzuro

Reaction score
Who is waiting for the lite version ? I prefer lite cos smaller lighter and cheaper. I don need to hook up to tv

nightkids7089

Banned
Reaction score
Qoo10 has a sale for the gen2 switch at 350 but export set. Is it a good deal? Don't know whether to wait for 9.9 sales

Sent from Samsung SM-G935F using GAGT

Qoo10 selling Korea set @ $350 after the $50 voucher.....voucyer last till 1 Sep only

Anybody hooting ???
Worth the hoot ??

Paper_Dragon

Reaction score
Qoo10 selling Korea set @ $350 after the $50 voucher.....voucyer last till 1 Sep only

Anybody hooting ???
Worth the hoot ??
I hoot liao. Think it is good deal considering it's gen 2 switch. Not sure if need to pay GST for import or not since it's listed at $400.

Sent from Samsung SM-N960F using GAGT

vironix

Reaction score
I hoot liao. Think it is good deal considering it's gen 2 switch. Not sure if need to pay GST for import or not since it's listed at $400.

Shud be no need. Risk for export is DOA. If not then ur pretty set...

Sent from the anal hair of Thanos using GAGT

nightkids7089

Banned
Reaction score

I tink the seller up price to $400 is so that buyer can make use of the $50 off coupon....may not get taxed.....

Which buyer u bought from ?

Paper_Dragon

Reaction score
I tink the seller up price to $400 is so that buyer can make use of the $50 off coupon....may not get taxed.....

Which buyer u bought from ?
I ordered from Caseology. They also offered free gift of screen protector, joycon silicone cover, analog stick cover and USB C cable.

pkkok888

Reaction score
Generally speaking, Qoo10 sells Korea export set cheaper than local set for nintendo switch console and games. Anyone got any idea if this translate to cheaper prices if I buy nintendo switch games in a local store in Korea as compared to buying export from Qoo10 / from a local store in SG?

vironix

Reaction score
No idea but the price of the export set is really tempting me

straweffigy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys, any recommendations for micro sd card for Switch if I wish to increase from my current 128GB?

Durability of card/data vs price or value

Thanks!

Zakhri32

Reaction score
Anyone like me getting the Switch Lite even though got the new 'revised' Switch? Am getting the Lite due to the fact I only play handheld, my current switch has never been dock and the other accessories that came with it I never took it out the box.

straweffigy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone like me getting the Switch Lite even though got the new 'revised' Switch? Am getting the Lite due to the fact I only play handheld, my current switch has never been dock and the other accessories that came with it I never took it out the box.

Why not just carry on using your current Switch as merely a handheld then?

Unless you have some spare cash lying around waiting to be spent :s13:

PierceLee

Master Member
Reaction score
Somehow I am not convinced that the Switch Lite cannot output to TV. I know they say it cannot be docked, meaning it cannot slot into the original Switch dock. That's a given since the physical dimensions are different. But you don't have to slot into the Switch dock to connect to TV. You can use an extension USB-C cable (male to female) to make the port available outside the dock. You can use a third party dock (some lets you use the original dock parts so it won't fry the Switch).

I don't see why Nintendo will change the Switch Lite's components to cripple video output via existing USB-C port (that exists on both original Switch and Lite). Waiting for people to actually get their hands on the Lite (not just playing it in a trade show as set up by Nintendo) to test it out. If it's crippled via firmware, when the chips are the same, then perhaps someone will hack the firmware, or Nintendo will enable it later (of cos, you may want to use a Pro controller or Joy-cons when the Lite is outputting to TV). I don't see many people wanting to switch to the Lite without TV output (though I understand the Lite is probably targeted at 3DS users).

Is there any actual confirmation from Nintendo specifically talking about "output to TV" rather than "dock", or from press media who actually tried it?

vironix

Reaction score
Somehow I am not convinced that the Switch Lite cannot output to TV. I know they say it cannot be docked, meaning it cannot slot into the original Switch dock. That's a given since the physical dimensions are different. But you don't have to slot into the Switch dock to connect to TV. You can use an extension USB-C cable (male to female) to make the port available outside the dock. You can use a third party dock (some lets you use the original dock parts so it won't fry the Switch).

I don't see why Nintendo will change the Switch Lite's components to cripple video output via existing USB-C port (that exists on both original Switch and Lite). Waiting for people to actually get their hands on the Lite (not just playing it in a trade show as set up by Nintendo) to test it out. If it's crippled via firmware, when the chips are the same, then perhaps someone will hack the firmware, or Nintendo will enable it later (of cos, you may want to use a Pro controller or Joy-cons when the Lite is outputting to TV). I don't see many people wanting to switch to the Lite without TV output (though I understand the Lite is probably targeted at 3DS users).

Is there any actual confirmation from Nintendo specifically talking about "output to TV" rather than "dock", or from press media who actually tried it?
Doubt it.

Zakhri32

Reaction score
Why not just carry on using your current Switch as merely a handheld then?

Unless you have some spare cash lying around waiting to be spent :s13:

Really liking the smaller form factor, also itchy hand want to try new stuff but some part of my want to keep both :s22: but its experience is not seamless. Love if I could dock my main unit at home to play on big TV and use the Lite on bed or on the go but issues regarding some games not using cloud saves.

3xistence

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Guys, any recommendations for micro sd card for Switch if I wish to increase from my current 128GB?

Thanks!

go for sandisk or samsung and you are fine. different shopping platform have different promotions for each time to time. some sites you can compare are shopee,qoo10,lazada, amazon US or even newegg. Given 9.9 is coming, you will have to explore how to leverage on each store's discount to get the lowest price.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Thanks!

I always recommend Sandisk. I’ve been using this brand for many years and never failed me. Currently using the Ultra 400GB in my Switch, bought from Lazada.

Ralphel

Master Member
Reaction score
3pmsg-sandisk-01.jpg

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.