Genting FAQ - Part 3

datolim

Reaction score
Stand on soft17, A6 ? Definitely not a
regular pontoon player. Regular will always hit with that.

There are lots of pontoon basic strategy charts online. Not much complicated than BJ.

In some ways, i can tell BJ pple crossing over to pontoon game. They are conservative in playing and "surrender" frequently.

It is not a matter of being "conservative" and "surrender frequently".

It is simple Maths.

Surrender HA is 0.56, if you don't surrender HA is 0.64. You are saving 14% of your money every time.

mobile2009

Reaction score
I know what you saying, as i also play BJ.

Just that some BJ players still utilise the same bj strategy when playing pontoon. In general, pontoon slightly different and pple hardly surrender. So, BJ player has that pattern of "surrender"

It is not a matter of being "conservative" and "surrender frequently".

It is simple Maths.

Surrender HA is 0.56, if you don't surrender HA is 0.64. You are saving 14% of your money every time.

datolim

Reaction score
I know what you saying, as i also play BJ.

Just that some BJ players still utilise the same bj strategy when playing pontoon. In general, pontoon slightly different and pple hardly surrender. So, BJ player has that pattern of "surrender"

The answer is Yes.

nit3ex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Who stay b4 Maxims & Genting Grand? Which one better in terms of quality, service and value for $$?

They both are higher tier hotels, but i wana know which one is the preferred choice?

TIA

Cpitalfarmer

Reaction score
Maxims rooms got refurbished lately. Hence, it will be fresher as compared to Genting Grand - rooms with better view as well due to the geographical location of the hotel.

Genting Grand, the pinnacle flagship of Genting less the newer crock ford. I will personally prefer GG, given the exclusivity when it comes to the limited complimentary availability and line of supercars parked outside over the weekend.

Who stay b4 Maxims & Genting Grand? Which one better in terms of quality, service and value for $$?

They both are higher tier hotels, but i wana know which one is the preferred choice?

TIA

nit3ex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Maxims rooms got refurbished lately. Hence, it will be fresher as compared to Genting Grand - rooms with better view as well due to the geographical location of the hotel.

Genting Grand, the pinnacle flagship of Genting less the newer crock ford. I will personally prefer GG, given the exclusivity when it comes to the limited complimentary availability and line of supercars parked outside over the weekend.

Thanks man for the info!

beast78

Master Member
Reaction score
I remembered seeing this question before but I can't find it anymore:

Where are the recommended places for massage at GH? The clean types of coz, wife is coming.

Paul Lee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Where are the recommended places for massage at GH? The clean types of coz, wife is coming.

There are only 3 places I know of for massages at GH. From most expensive to cheapest:

#1 M Spa - Genting Grand.

#2 Thai Odyssey. There are 2 outlets in GH. One at Awana Skyway Station . The other at Sky Avenue

#3 Healing Touch. I think there are 3 outlets. One at FWH Lobby. One at SkyAvenue . One at shops below GG.

Cpitalfarmer

Reaction score
Hi all, I’ve book one complimentary night at FWH on Wednesday. I will be arriving on Thursday morning 6am; just need the room till checkout time. Do I have to call Genting to ensure they reserve this room till Thursday morning?

givansingapore

Reaction score
Hi all, I’ve book one complimentary night at FWH on Wednesday. I will be arriving on Thursday morning 6am; just need the room till checkout time. Do I have to call Genting to ensure they reserve this room till Thursday morning?

Just call 68239888 to tell them your expected arrival time so that they won't cancel your booking if you don't check in by 6pm.

vaxvms

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

TIA

to me no diff but personally i prefer the dark side

vaxvms

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

pamper her at M spa,nothing less

ghregular

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

like you said. a preferred choice.
so its upto you. for me i prefer grand as its central and i especially like the suite which i sometimes lucky got it two rms side by side connecting with wifey, a little too much comfort i must say. i somemore asked for heater which they provide. so always satisfied. but if offered crockford that wld be no.1.

pdpdpdp

Reaction score
would like to check for a group of 14 pax including young and old at KL airport.
what is the market rate for the cab or mini bus up ?

pls advise

Angtehkor

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Need help from Bros. If I online book coach to getting from WTS website. Can I just screenshot the coach tickets on my phone and show them cause I don't have printer at home.

ghregular

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
would like to check for a group of 14 pax including young and old at KL airport.
what is the market rate for the cab or mini bus up ?

pls advise

once i premium grab at 280rm for a 7seater thru negotiation. so if you can grab a 2hrs mini bus up at 500rm it wld be reasonable. u can do all that at the airport. but if you do not want to waste time book a aerobus in advance at 33rm i think. just as comforatble. https://aerobus.com.my/

CPTMiller

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For a family of four 2A2Child planning a trip to Genting Highlands.
I prefer not driving and not taking a coach from Singapore.
What is the other mode of transport I can take?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.