Multi-pay Critical Illness Insurance Plans

Syaman

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi is anyone able to comment on how Singapore Life's "Multi-Claim Critical Illness Plan" compares with the others? I noticed that it also seems to be the only multi-pay CI plan that can be purchased entirely online?

boredboiboi

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi is anyone able to comment on how Singapore Life's "Multi-Claim Critical Illness Plan" compares with the others? I noticed that it also seems to be the only multi-pay CI plan that can be purchased entirely online?

Same reply will always be given. U want do claim urself or by agent when u r critically ill? Plus its new n dont know How easy is the claim.

boredboiboi

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi, i’m currently 29yo female and only has the AIA shield plan. i’m looking at critical illness plans that also covers early stages though i think its not so cost effective as most cancers are likely discovered at later stages? I’m also looking at policies that covers for pancreatic, breast, cervical cancers. For prudential plans, it only covers up to 75 yrs and there is no guaranteed sum as compared to AIA. Are there any other better options that covers life time? Both also covers multiple claims in different categories? What are the other things I should look out for?

Also realised that the thread here mostly talk about aviva and TM? Why is that so?

U mean the term of coverage is till 75 for pru?
Quite a few company multipay now have till age 99.
Aviva and tokio marine is due to its premium is most competitive and most comprehensive conditions covered. Manulife also has it just that the premium might not be as competitive and coverage can only choose till age 75 or 99 while TM and aviva can choose want to cover to age 75/80/85/99 etc.
Any particular reason why the few mentioned condition being covered only? Family history?

jenn09

Reaction score
Aviva and tokio marine is due to its premium is most competitive and most comprehensive conditions covered. Manulife also has it just that the premium might not be as competitive and coverage can only choose till age 75 or 99 while TM and aviva can choose want to cover to age 75/80/85/99 etc.
Any particular reason why the few mentioned condition being covered only? Family history?

Yes, family history.. Since there are people mentioning that the claims of aviva can be tough, is it true? For those multiple claims allowable in different category, is it true that the claims may be difficult? There are hearsay, but any facts? My AIA agent doesn’t address directly to this question, only showed me a brochure that i can easily fownload from the internet, so cui :/

jenn09

Reaction score

Not only covering those mentioned but also require other common illness..

boredboiboi

Master Member
Reaction score
Not only covering those mentioned but also require other common illness..

I check under manulife multipay. The 3 u mentioned, only cervical is excluded, the other 2 is covered. And i seen mostly ci covers breast cancer already.

Last edited:

fluxos

Reaction score
Anyone can advise if early stage colorectal cancer is covered by these multi critical illness plans? It is the most common cancer in Singapore can’t seem to find coverage on this Manulife/tokiomarine

Last edited:

moejoseph

Reaction score
Anyone can advise if early stage collateral cancer is covered by these multi critical illness plans? It is the most common cancer in Singapore can’t seem to find coverage on this Manulife/tokiomarine

It shld be under 'Carcinoma in situ' under all ECI plans by LIA

keithwb

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Can assist to quote for 33M/non smoker,100k sum assured for the various multi pay plan?

Is there a option for term 500k + multi pay as rider add on?

fluxos

Reaction score
Any Manulife consultant keep to help? I might purchase a plan from you. Please pm for on a quote for 33m non smoker, 100k.

I noticed the following wording missing the the early cancer portion, which is found in other life early critical illness plans:

Gastro-intestinal Stromal Tumours histologically classified as T1N0M0 (TNM Classification) or below and with mitotic count of less than or equal to 5/50 HPFs which are treated with surgery or chemotherapy as reco

Anyone can advise if early stage collateral cancer is covered by these multi critical illness plans? It is the most common cancer in Singapore can’t seem to find coverage on this Manulife/tokiomarine

boredboiboi

Master Member
Reaction score
Any Manulife consultant keep to help? I might purchase a plan from you. Please pm for on a quote for 33m non smoker, 100k.

I noticed the following wording missing the the early cancer portion, which is found in other life early critical illness plans:

Gastro-intestinal Stromal Tumours histologically classified as T1N0M0 (TNM Classification) or below and with mitotic count of less than or equal to 5/50 HPFs which are treated with surgery or chemotherapy as reco

100k till age 75
$1645.10/year

100k till age 99
$3429.20/year

Last edited:

boredboiboi

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Can assist to quote for 33M/non smoker,100k sum assured for the various multi pay plan?

Is there a option for term 500k + multi pay as rider add on?

Manulife

100k till age 75
$1645.10/year

100k till age 99
$3429.20/year

Aviva
Till age 75
$1674/year

Till age 99
$3514/year

Tokio marine
Till age 75
$1872/year
Dont have till age 99

Term add on with multipay only aviva have.

Last edited:

keithwb

Master Member
Reaction score
Manulife

100k till age 75
$1645.10/year

100k till age 99
$3429.20/year

Aviva
Till age 75
$1674/year

Till age 99
$3514/year

Tokio marine
Till age 75
$1872/year
Dont have till age 99

Term add on with multipay only aviva have.

Thanks! Sorry I forgot to mention, can quote till 65?

How much will the term + multipay for aviva be?

Thanks again!

boredboiboi

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Sorry I forgot to mention, can quote till 65?

How much will the term + multipay for aviva be?

Thanks again!

Till age 65 multipay only aviva and is $1034/year

Got min premium for base for aviva
Thus
$110k death/tpd
$100k multipay
$1177.40

Last edited:

keithwb

Master Member
Reaction score
Till age 65 multipay only aviva and is $1034/year

Got min premium for base for aviva
Thus
$110k death/tpd
$100k multipay
Before 5% perpectual discount $1177.40

Thanks! Can quote term 500k death/TPD with 100k multipay? Is it acc TPD?

Is there a difference between getting the multipay as a rider to the aviva term plan vs multipay plan as a stand alone plan?

boredboiboi

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Can quote term 500k death/TPD with 100k multipay? Is it acc TPD?

Is there a difference between getting the multipay as a rider to the aviva term plan vs multipay plan as a stand alone plan?

Give me awhile. Yes tpd is accelerated. Riders add on is usually cheaper compare to standalone.

$1514.35/year

Last edited:

jenn09

Reaction score
I check under manulife multipay. The 3 u mentioned, only cervical is excluded, the other 2 is covered. And i seen mostly ci covers breast cancer already.

Thanks, the thing is i don’t know if AIA triple cover claim structure or tokio marine claim structure is better.

For AIA, you can make claims with 1 year waiting time between early stage and intermediate/advanced. Whereas tokio marine multicare splits the conditions into bigger groupings and made sure that you can only claim for conditions from different groupings. In this case, if you have complication from heart condition in early stage, u cannot make a second claim in this same category. Is this the correct undertanding?

boredboiboi

Master Member
Reaction score
Is the amount being covered. Some insurers are paying up to 9 times.
And out of it is when late stages strikes, the payout is 3x of sum insured and after that you are still being covered. And I would say the conditions being covered by AIA is lesser than most of the multipay CI in the market.

boredboiboi

Master Member
Reaction score
Thanks, the thing is i don’t know if AIA triple cover claim structure or tokio marine claim structure is better.

For AIA, you can make claims with 1 year waiting time between early stage and intermediate/advanced. Whereas tokio marine multicare splits the conditions into bigger groupings and made sure that you can only claim for conditions from different groupings. In this case, if you have complication from heart condition in early stage, u cannot make a second claim in this same category. Is this the correct undertanding?

Abit complicated. For manulife and aviva when your early stages advance to late stages, they will payout up to total 300%. Lets say early strike and u claim 100% and u advanced to late stage, you will be paid another 200%. Is this what u asking?

jenn09

Reaction score
If anyone knows about this, please feel free to voice out your opinion.

I give this scenario. An individual may have undergone artery by pass (considered as 1 critical illness) and then suffered some complications, which led to other heart related disease as a result. Tokio Marine's Multicare is structured in this manner, see page 4. They classify the conditions into 3 groups:
1. Cancers
2. Heart related conditions
3. Illnesses related to nervous system etc.

https://www.tokiomarine.com/content...e/Documents/TM Multicare English Brochure.pdf

This means that you are unable to claim for these 2 conditions in the same category because it falls under heart conditions. But the good thing is there is no waiting time between the claims during early/intermediate stages. But if you look at Prudential or AIA, they assess based on individual critical illnesses. There is 1 year waiting time

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.