New EC at Sumang Walk

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
Smell?
Go out & see !
Many local /tourists awe to see such clean rivers in a city centre.

These 2 rivers around Marina Bay, Gardens by the Bay, Marina Barrage all the way to Indoor Stadium are my regular long /shorter walks.

Agent Teo? Southbank?

Thought u stay at mergui road, im confused..

momoeagle

Master Member
Reaction score
Smell?
Go out & see !
Many local /tourists awe to see such clean rivers in a city centre.

These 2 rivers around Marina Bay, Gardens by the Bay, Marina Barrage all the way to Indoor Stadium are my regular long /shorter walks.

As I already mentioned...

just don't want to disappoint you only since you like smelly things so much.

momoeagle

Master Member
Reaction score
Even Kallang /Singapore River could become so nice, and you worry about URA not be able to handle a small longkang?

And PG will be TOP in .......years later.

I guess you are thinking those who bought into Punggol earlier are dumb not to wait for the river to be cleared up better.

And those who bought PG are smart because the river will smell all nice and clean by the time TOP.

Point taken.

Merg91

Master Member
Reaction score
Smell sour /smelly ... must be from Pasir Gudang.
May be Anwar will get it cleaned up too.

Last edited:

sgpropertyblog

Reaction score
I want to ask the agents something and this is the only EC thread

How much pass the income limit can we go if we want to apply for ECs? I know of some who appeal and make it but what is the limit?

yes, I have successfully helped few buyers to appeal.. but would need more info before I can advise.. there is no 'limit' as it depends on case-to-case basis..

flame2000

Banned
Reaction score
No kidding. I go jogging by those so call waterfront. The stench is horrible until I wanna puke.
Do go and walk along those so call monsoon drain or waterfront longkang yourself on a hot day. U dun have to believe me. I just dont want those agents to deceive genuine buyers of those properties.

birmingham123

Master Member
Reaction score
No kidding. I go jogging by those so call waterfront. The stench is horrible until I wanna puke.
Do go and walk along those so call monsoon drain or waterfront longkang yourself on a hot day. U dun have to believe me. I just dont want those agents to deceive genuine buyers of those properties.

Actually it is true. I never like the smell of drain. If drain facing is more ex, then it is better to choose those units inside one or further away. If it is cheaper then probably can consider if the smell is not too strong.

Merg91

Master Member
Reaction score
Future Hdb flats further up will be zoo themed. Lol
Would URA ignore the drains /river /beach beatifications around that part when it becomes more crowded?

TOP is at least 3-4 years away.

momoeagle

Master Member
Reaction score
Future Hdb flats further up will be zoo themed. Lol
Would URA ignore the drains /river /beach beatifications around that part when it becomes more crowded?

TOP is at least 3-4 years away.

Once again, you are condemning those who bought Punggol way earlier before PG. The waterfront HDBs has been there for at least 5 years or more.

And it also looks like you are saying URA is ignoring these residents there until it becomes more crowded.

Eraval

Master Member
Reaction score
yes, I have successfully helped few buyers to appeal.. but would need more info before I can advise.. there is no 'limit' as it depends on case-to-case basis..

So for example right now we at 17k already we still can have a chance?

Eraval

Master Member
Reaction score
Once again, you are condemning those who bought Punggol way earlier before PG. The waterfront HDBs has been there for at least 5 years or more.

And it also looks like you are saying URA is ignoring these residents there until it becomes more crowded.

To be fair URA/HDB did let the pioneers of Punggol suffer for many years, how long after the first batch moved in then the MRT and shops came up, the Punggol now is already much better than 5-8 years ago le

Anyway the stench unlikely to affect PG people if they don't want to jog bah, my friend stays nearer to the water, didn't smell much there but yes, if jogging just along the waterway there's a smell, whether its bad is dependent on each person, I find it tolerable

Will it be cleaned up? I don't know, people have been using that for years and nothing has been done, so..........

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
So for example right now we at 17k already we still can have a chance?

Why suffer in punggol when you have 17k. Move closer to the city!

Most choose to stay punggol condos because of $$$ reasons.

Last edited:

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
Many sour lime.

This is just not too far from Sumang Walk & announced days ago.
https://www.channelnewsasia.com/new...cts-in-punggol-inspired-by-early-zoo-11861836

When the area becomes more populated, URA /town council will improve the drainage /infrastructure /facilities.
Tell me which part of Singapore recently developed looks inhabitable?

The whole singapore is very liveable and well-connected in general. So those "transformation" that "experts" are using to talk up developments are actually no big deal. MRT is everywhere nowadays.

Merg91

Master Member
Reaction score
The pioneer Punggol /Sengkang batches are rewarded with the cheapest flats of all.
But they needed to bear the inconvenience for a while.
Ask them how much they paid for the Punggol flats.

On a hot day, we, including dry drains, smell.
PUB /URA may one day make them free flow & never dry up.

To be fair URA/HDB did let the pioneers of Punggol suffer for many years, how long after the first batch moved in then the MRT and shops came up, the Punggol now is already much better than 5-8 years ago

Anyway the stench unlikely to affect PG people if they don't want to jog bah, my friend stays nearer to the water, didn't smell much there but yes, if jogging just along the waterway there's a smell, whether its bad is dependent on each person, I find it tolerable

Will it be cleaned up? I don't know, people have been using that for years and nothing has been done, so..........

momoeagle

Master Member
Reaction score
The pioneer Punggol /Sengkang batches are rewarded with the cheapest flats of all.
But they needed to bear the inconvenience for a while.
Ask them how much they paid for the Punggol flats.

On a hot day, we, including dry drains, smell.
PUB /URA may one day make them free flow & never dry up.
So many dry drains all over SG also no smell.

And ya... maybe one day no smell. Meanwhile take care of health.

momoeagle

Master Member
Reaction score
To be fair URA/HDB did let the pioneers of Punggol suffer for many years, how long after the first batch moved in then the MRT and shops came up, the Punggol now is already much better than 5-8 years ago le

But well, the thing is that if I'm not wrong, from PG to MRT or Waterway point, walking along the water is among the shortest and supposedly most enjoyable way.

momoeagle

Master Member
Reaction score
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.