Comparison of SIM only plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonoda Umi

Reaction score
Another heads up. Circles Life has orphaned the $0 Flexi plan. Now, it's a $5/mth plan (2GB, 50 call mins and 25 SMS).
They should be fixing their $28 plan first for current subscribers. Ridiculous that loyal subscribers are paying $10/mth more than new subscribers who port in

saif07

Reaction score
giga joining the pool

QBsCwPr.jpg

Sadist4life

Reaction score

wackykid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
starhub-comex-p2-04.jpg

Heads up guys, StarHub has added 100 SMS into their SIM Only plans. No GIRO or CC needed.

Also, their advertisement is clear as day as to what Telco S and Telco M are. Even the colours have been added for further "illustration".

LOL 100 SMS... who needs that much SMS...?? :s13:

regards,
wacky

Yihaoong

Reaction score
Chatted with circles.life.
Told told me that the $0 plan will be moved to the $5 plan soon. No dates yet.

Well, $0 plan didn't have free incoming calls to begin with. The addons are slightly better on the vivobee $5 plan though.

koreanlover

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
starhub-comex-p2-04.jpg

Heads up guys, StarHub has added 100 SMS into their SIM Only plans. No GIRO or CC needed.

Also, their advertisement is clear as day as to what Telco S and Telco M are. Even the colours have been added for further "illustration".

Until 8 Sep only.

wackykid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
100SMS, that is not alot. But should be just enough for average users. Got a MyRepublic line with 1k SMS.

average users still send SMS...?? :s11::s11::s13:

my average monthly SMS sent is roughly 0 to 1 SMS... :s13:

regards,
wacky

squarepipe

Reaction score
average users still send SMS...?? :s11::s11::s13:

my average monthly SMS sent is roughly 0 to 1 SMS... :s13:

regards,
wacky

I guess you were too young to know but not too long ago everyone sent SMS and I even had a student plan with unlimited SMS.

Now telco greedy and decide to drop unlimited SMS but it backfired thanks to the quick adoption of apps like whatsapp etc.

Last edited:

Synnexo

Reaction score
I guess you were too young but to know but not too long ago everyone sent SMS and I even had a student plan with unlimited SMS.

Now telco greedy and decide to drop unlimited SMS but it backfired thanks to the quick adoption of apps like whatsapp etc.

When I was chasing skirts, averagely can send over 2k SMS per month. When M1 started charging then gotta reduce usage.

adrianch

Reaction score
Singtel: Dear Customer, we have received your online request to sign up for a service. We regret to inform that your account is not due for re-contract Sim only plan for 9xxxxxx. Please contact 1688 for more information/ clarification. Thank you.

I have received similar SMS today. Singtel is unable to process my recontract application as due on middle of next month.

I tried to recontract last week before receiving the recontract offer, but now as I have received the recontract offer, I will try again next week when the contract enters its last month (12th month).

Last edited:

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I guess you were too young to know but not too long ago everyone sent SMS and I even had a student plan with unlimited SMS.

SMS is still needed. Back then, all was super excited with unlimited sms/mms. When Android started, SMS was still popular, WhatsApp back then wasn't that popular or wasn't on traction yet.

Well, sometimes we really need SMS. Cases like you just need to text someone you just want to contact once, just use SMS. What for do I need to add his contact just to whatsapp the person? Also there isn't guarantee WhatsApp will work 100% of the time, sometimes even with 3G network or 4G network, whatsapp messages can't be sent out. WhatsApp sometimes will also have downtime. Hence, SMS comes into play. I don't understand why when WhatsApp is down, whole community goes crazy, there is still SMS.

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I don't use WhatsApp.

I am sending SMS to my bosses and colleagues for work related updates. :s13:

Why SMS? Because I don't want to put too much attention with WA.

I just send a couple of SMS and that's it.

If the other parties have to pay for SMS, then good for me. I get more peace.

Anything urgent, we can talk on the phone.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.