Lastest S$ Deposit updates - Part 3

testingabc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is stan chart worth putting fd in? coz i dunno about hidden fees.i just feel its an atas bank.

able to advice?

You can put there but their interest rate is 1.6%-1.7% for minimum $25K for 7 months. I just put to CIMB with 1.7% for 3 months minimum $10K. Maybank, ICBC and RHB should have better interest rate with longer tenure.

maumu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
should be the same thing.

in any case its the new I-save series from china taiping. I think launching 2 sep. now they send email asking to indicate interest.

last time this type me very interested. these days, not interested liao. :D

ah. never engaged with china taiping before... should be quite a new player in the scene?

already took up ntuc capital plus from SRS so no more funds to buy this (0.02% higher lol).

I tot the global rates are coming down with the rate cut by US. quite surprised these companies seem to be going against the tide. our SSB rates... it's so pathetic i'm not even looking at it anymore for now.

yongsaver

Reaction score
maybank chut new pattern. :s13:

good news for savers. 2 months 2%. another 2 months 2.1%. till end of the year. first in the market. beats SCB for now. hopefully SCB esaver counter after Sept!

huat ah! :D

luvpraline

Reaction score

good news for savers. 2 months 2%. another 2 months 2.1%. till end of the year. first in the market. beats SCB for now. hopefully SCB esaver counter after Sept!

this is a good move :) no need shift here n there for 4 months

hwarzoner

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
can switch in November if esaver still 2%

hopefully scb can match or better lol

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Not new pattern. Last year Jul to Dec based on reference mth June.

slurpy0099

Reaction score
Only need to switch on 1 Jan 2020 unless esaver offers higher.

Does it means if your isavvy is $0 in Aug2019. And now you deposit in Sep 2019. This deposit can stay with Maybank till December earning 2% and 2.1% throughout?

iphone88

Reaction score

Previously is Enjoy 2.10% p.a. on 9-month SGD Time Deposit.
This required you to deposit 1k if your FD is 10k.

iSavvy is much better?

luvpraline

Reaction score
Hey guys, for Maybank's promo, if the incremental average daily balance (ADB) has to be at least $10k, but i'm only able to deposit 10k on 4 Sep, is the ADB calculated as follows:

Amount from 4-30 Sep = $10,000 x 27 days
ADB = $270,000 / 30 = $9,000

Hence not eligible for 2%?

maumu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, for Maybank's promo, if the incremental average daily balance (ADB) has to be at least $10k, but i'm only able to deposit 10k on 4 Sep, is the ADB calculated as follows:

Amount from 4-30 Sep = $10,000 x 27 days
ADB = $270,000 / 30 = $9,000

Hence not eligible for 2%?

is the account already opened before 4 Sep? if it's a brand new account which you open on 4 Sep and put inside that same day, the ADB will be $10k.

otherwise you're right, it's not eligible for 2%. you can top up more at a later date in Sep to average out to $10k (use excel sheet to help you).

luvpraline

Reaction score
is the account already opened before 4 Sep? if it's a brand new account which you open on 4 Sep and put inside that same day, the ADB will be $10k.

otherwise you're right, it's not eligible for 2%. you can top up more at a later date in Sep to average out to $10k (use excel sheet to help you).

Thanks maumu! It's not a new account :) unfortunately my other funds are locked up elsewhere so it's off to eSaver i go :s13:

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The bonus interest for Aug for Maybank isavvy was credited today. But the amount is lower than expected. I called Maybank and CSO confirmed there is some technical issue with the calculation and that they are working on it.

HWZ1973

Master Member
Reaction score
The bonus interest for Aug for Maybank isavvy was credited today. But the amount is lower than expected. I called Maybank and CSO confirmed there is some technical issue with the calculation and that they are working on it.

I have not received the bonus interest!

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have not received the bonus interest!

Wait while they fixed it.

Seems they took the wrong reference mth - Jul instead of Jun. So if your Aug and Jul balance is the same or Aug bal more than Jul bal by less than 10k, you won't get anything.

My Aug bal is more than 10k from Jul bal so I had a small bonus interest which is much lesser than what is expected when compared to Jun bal.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.