- RHEEM
- AO SMITH
- ARISTON

Which has historically met your needs?
Which brand is more 'future proof'?
Which brand do you recommend and why?
Does whether MIC, MIM or MIUSA matter?
How was the pre and post sales service?
Your own plumber or that recommended by the brand?
Above or below false ceiling?

~

Last edited:

doki81

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
- JOVEN
- RHEEM
- AO SMITH
- ARISTON

Which has historically met your needs?
Which brand is more 'future proof'?
Which brand do you recommend and why?
How was the pre and post sales service?
Your own plumber or that recommended by the brand?
Above or below false ceiling?

~

wow...market survey? :s13:

wahjohreno

Master Member
Reaction score
Rheem for me.

In my last house, my Rheem storage heater lasted > 10 years. Installed it when I moved in, and it worked exactly like the first day I installed it after more than 10 years when I moved out.

Installed Rheem 55L storage heaters in my current place. As expected, totally satisfied after 2 years and counting.

Both houses installed inside false ceiling/carpentry. Own plumber (ID supplied) installed and that’s it. No maintenance required. Touch wood.

No after sales support needed. So far.

Last edited:

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I got the joven 35l from year 2005 to recently 2019 cause tripping. Now use Singapore brand. 707 kingsington one storage type. So far so good

YoYoMa88

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
JOVEN like ok but MIM
RHEEM?
AOSmith?

~

Sent from Google PIXEL 8 XL using GAGT

YoYoMa88

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
JOVEN is "Made In UK"

the heating element :)

~

Sent from Google PIXEL 8 XL using GAGT

luckygal

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If only these 4 to choose then Rheem. Though 707 also not bad.

Leaper_SG

Reaction score
AOS Storage Heater EWH-40 + G.Ferretti 23x23cm rain shower : Best shower I ever had in my life.

RyanJ

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got a joven 50L? and a 91L for each bathroom, above false ceiling. raindance shower shioke, the later storage heater provides sufficient hot water for a bath tub.

jefflowkh

Reaction score
Hi I used 3 models of Ariston. Latest one is Ariston Lux 30. PLEASE DUN BUY ARISTON my first one last about 5 years. Second one 4.5 years 3rd one only 3.5 years. Super bad always got tank corrosion and leakage we with that short of time!
What should I buy then???

jadedRomeo

Reaction score
AO Smith. 2 years in, it has been perfect.

Sent from HUAWEI VOG-L04 using GAGT

bluethesky

Master Member
Reaction score
I like Joven storage water heater, cos i can diy repair it and changing parts by myself. So i don't have to deal to repairmen. Can just buy spare parts directly from Joven, no need to worry to get conned. But problem is Joven doesn't provide any warranty to spare parts

winderen

Reaction score
Hi I used 3 models of Ariston. Latest one is Ariston Lux 30. PLEASE DUN BUY ARISTON my first one last about 5 years. Second one 4.5 years 3rd one only 3.5 years. Super bad always got tank corrosion and leakage we with that short of time!
What should I buy then???

agreed with u. used 2 ariston tank and both have leakage issue within 5 years, now switching to instant

Phelan77

Reaction score
My Joven 25L storage water heater (bought for $268 in 2016) just started leaking internally. Joven quoted $80 + $230 labour to repair. The internal tank will be replaced FOC but i have decided not to opt for the warranty claim as a new water heater can be bought for less than $300. The Joven was only used for 3+ years only. Disappointed by Joven now as my previous Joven water heater, made in UK, lasted me for more than 7 years until i sold the house.

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My Joven 25L storage water heater (bought for $268 in 2016) just started leaking internally. Joven quoted $80 + $230 labour to repair. The internal tank will be replaced FOC but i have decided not to opt for the warranty claim as a new water heater can be bought for less than $300. The Joven was only used for 3+ years only. Disappointed by Joven now as my previous Joven water heater, made in UK, lasted me for more than 7 years until i sold the house.

How u know leak internally?

chicken.chop

Reaction score
don buy kensington 707 !

My Joven water heater lasted for 12 years. I replaced with a Kensington 707 25L and it only lasted 2 years 3 months.....

Reliable brand ??? Pui

sword28

Reaction score
Now doing reno and I have only about 85cm width of space above the toilet door to install.
only Joven 25l can fit.
initially wanted to get the Rheem XS-30 but it needs 50cm of maintenance clearance space on the right side of the unit. so confirmed cannot!

I am even thinking of taking a risk to install Rheem and and pray hard it won't break down in 2 or 3 yrs.
prefer the rectangular rheem xs-30 compared to the big round drum of joven jsh25.

do you guys think i should take the risk?
is rheem reliable?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.