Hard to find new manual transmission car these days?

Disaresta

Reaction score
Searched on sgcarmart, only saw a malaysia made car that is =< 1600, other brand all above 1600cc

Checked with KAH motors about the availability for honda city manual and they said honda stopped production for manual already, only the luxury version got "manual" driving which is paddler shift.

Any other source to get new =<1600 manual transmission sedan?

How is the feeling of driving with paddler shift?

Posted from PCWX using XWCP

sinistral

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Little market demand and technology advances means ADs very unlikely to bring in manual cars.

Paddler shifts are gimmicky IMO. You just control when the automatic transmission shifts gears, that's all. The computer actually shifts better than you do if you leave it alone.

If you want you can try getting some PI to do imports of UK cars.

superman

Master Member
Reaction score
The last new model with manual transmission in Singapore which I see is Kona 1.0T but not sold now.

zzt231

Banned
Reaction score
When I was finding a new car in Dec 18, no 1 bring in manual.
Kona stop already.
Only bezza. But the gearshift sux.
All ad don't wan to indent for me.

Sent from 我不是金钱的狗奴才 using GAGT

Disaresta

Reaction score
When I was finding a new car in Dec 18, no 1 bring in manual.
Kona stop already.
Only bezza. But the gearshift sux.
All ad don't wan to indent for me.

Sent from 我不是金钱的狗奴才 using GAGT

Damn sad leh... got try PI?

Posted from PCWX using XWCP

SuperClubby

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Civic 1.5T manual 6MT from PI if u looking at under 1600cc

Sent from huh using GAGT

figo16

Banned
Reaction score
Can only find manual cars in driving schools in SG. Want to rent car also all automatic.

Laoyeh

Banned
Reaction score
Honda civic turbo 7 speed manual at leng kee Road Honda... Not sure abt the price though...

Sent from HUAWEI TRT-L21A using GAGT

trento

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Paddle shifts r also nice to shift. Do note dsg, older single clutch systems use a manual gearbox, with a hydraulically controlled clutch. Different from the torque converter type. This gives more feel in the shifts

putrasocool

Reaction score
Paddle shifters depends on cars. Certain makes jist damn laggy, which makes it no point having it. Some are good.

Tbh, VW ones are good since they hydraulic clutch, as mentioned above, you feel like it actually shifting and a slight shift shock, sort of. But DSG gearbox have a lot of cons also.

Manual, is shiok la if drive enthusiastically. If come jam, tired. Good thing about those auto with paddles, you can choose when you want the function to come in.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.