MBA without a Degree

b0ring

Reaction score
I saw that there are schools that allow you to enrol in MBA with work experience without the need of a degree? What's the pro and con of direct enrollment to MBA vs degeee then MBA?

nyvrem

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
too many external factors to list to try and compare someone with no BA/BS + MBA vs someone with a BA/BS + MBA.

example ~ if you worked your way up your company, hold a high position, and they sponsor u for an MBA even if you didn't have a degree, i would say moving on next time would be easier since you would have networks to depend on.

but if you're in your 20s and you went for an MBA w/o a degree or work experience, i feel you're gonna have a hard time explaining to future employers why you skipped your BA/BS.

also, i guess the brand of the MBA would matter in this case more (?)

b0ring

Reaction score
I was looking at university offered by Kaplan / ESAB / MDIS. They do offer MBA with various level of work experience (e.g. 5 years) if the personnel do not have degree. I believe that these universities ranking are not really that good.
Will these MBA still help with career advancement in my case?

I've been doing sales for the past 5 years, currently 30 years old and am looking to progress to either a bigger firm and some if not most of them require minimum BA. Since my last education is local tertiary, does it make sense for me to go for MBA directly or should I just go for degree?

Degree in business take a year and so does MBA.

kingfisher1

Reaction score
I was looking at university offered by Kaplan / ESAB / MDIS. They do offer MBA with various level of work experience (e.g. 5 years) if the personnel do not have degree. I believe that these universities ranking are not really that good.

I've been doing sales for the past 5 years, currently 30 years old and am looking to progress to either a bigger firm and some if not most of them require minimum BA. Since my last education is local tertiary, does it make sense for me to go for MBA directly or should I just go for degree?

If you choose this route, go for a branded MBA. I have met someone with A levels with many years of experience. The company (big global company) thinks highly of him and sponsored him for the MBA.

b0ring

Reaction score
If the options is private degree or private mba? Which is preferred? Result not good enough for local degree at the age of 30 and private is the only option currently.

FreDeRicK

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If the options is private degree or private mba? Which is preferred? Result not good enough for local degree at the age of 30 and private is the only option currently.

I think private companies won't really bother that you don't have a bachelors degree.

If I were the hiring manager, what's important to me is that you were able to perform at the postgraduate level and fulfill the requirements to graduate. Furthermore, you'd have access to your MBA network, consisting of peers who are professionals and managers.

How you perform during the interview and/or your job - is another thing altogether.

Last edited:

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

if U want a MBA title on your biz.. sure go for MBA.
just note its likely U will not see "MBA" type salary.
such MBA program your network most likely will be similar caliber as U.

really depends on what u want at the end with your MBA.
if U want to go to a bigger company, then a good BA is more impt than a mediocre MBA.

b0ring

Reaction score
I think private companies won't really bother that you don't have a bachelors degree.

If I were the hiring manager, what's important to me is that you were able to perform at the postgraduate level and fulfill the requirements to graduate. Furthermore, you'd have access to your MBA network, consisting of peers who are professionals and managers.

How you perform during the interview and/or your job - is another thing altogether.
Which private uni is a good BA recommendation? I'm unable to enter local uni.

kaixin18

Reaction score
too many external factors to list to try and compare someone with no BA/BS + MBA vs someone with a BA/BS + MBA.

example ~ if you worked your way up your company, hold a high position, and they sponsor u for an MBA even if you didn't have a degree, i would say moving on next time would be easier since you would have networks to depend on.

but if you're in your 20s and you went for an MBA w/o a degree or work experience, i feel you're gonna have a hard time explaining to future employers why you skipped your BA/BS.

also, i guess the brand of the MBA would matter in this case more (?)

i've heard alot of buzz about UOL Global MBA. anyone doing it? can share experience?

https://london.ac.uk/courses/global-mba

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.