Signing on with Mental illness

Manutd4ever111

Reaction score
Can i sign on with ocd in saf? If i have the condition and decide not to book a medical review to down pes. Furthermore, if i declare and down pes. Can i up pes to my originally pes A when my condition gets better?

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can i sign on with ocd in saf? If i have the condition and decide not to book a medical review to down pes. Furthermore, if i declare and down pes. Can i up pes to my originally pes A when my condition gets better?
only SAF can advise you whether your condition will prevent you from signing on.

Even if you up pes, also unlikely to be PES A, but that doesn't mean you can sign on also.

matey1982

Banned
Reaction score
So u wan up or down pes?

Make up your mind leh

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Manutd4ever111

Reaction score
Ord 4 years ago..Started last year leh..Not hand washing that kind. its more to intrusive thoughts.

matey1982

Banned
Reaction score
Ord 4 years ago..Started last year leh..Not hand washing that kind. its more to intrusive thoughts.

since u say u unsound mind
i wud rather u pls dont sign on
dont becos your one moment of kay kiang and then a lot of pples suffer

Eighty7

Reaction score

Do everyone a favour. Please don’t sign on.

Don’t put those people around you at risk of anything due to your condition.

Unless you’re intending to sign as a DXO please go ahead

Orgorgrog

Reaction score

Mental illness is a lifelong thing. Even when you get better, the possibility of a relapse is always there even if you are very vigilant about your triggers and early symptoms. If you are bent on signing on to regular service, it would be good to keep this in mind.

However it seems from your explanation that you only have the obsessive symptoms of OCD and (so far) lack any compulsive behaviour. Good chance to be able to keep it under control with the right medical management.

Can't say much about whether SAF will take you for regular service though, since my time with them was negligible (PES F'ed during early BMT).

Manutd4ever111

Reaction score
Ya just went for a medical review this afternoon. MO told me there is a high chance i would be downgraded by being a clerk. He told me to wait one month to confirm my pes status from the medical board. He issued me a document which states i will be excused 84 days for ICT cause i told him my ict is approaching in early december. I asked him do i need to inform my oc or other superiors. He said dont need. So basically on the first day of ict, i can skip it and not inform anyone?

pikafunk3

Banned
Reaction score
Ya just went for a medical review this afternoon. MO told me there is a high chance i would be downgraded by being a clerk. He told me to wait one month to confirm my pes status from the medical board. He issued me a document which states i will be excused 84 days for ICT cause i told him my ict is approaching in early december. I asked him do i need to inform my oc or other superiors. He said dont need. So basically on the first day of ict, i can skip it and not inform anyone?

if you are excused ict then u dont have to go at all

wait for your unit to send you letter stating that your saf100 callup is cancelled

if not, call your unit and update them of what happened

im glad you declared your medical condition to saf. because your wellbeing will also affect others.

in this situation i dont recommend you try to upgrade and sign on after that. even if you manage to upgrade pes, your career path would already be delayed. might as well seek other opportunities outside.

Manutd4ever111

Reaction score
Thanks mate for your advice. Basically i will be excused from firearms. Wondering what pes i will get.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.