Grab & Go-Jek driver lip lai - Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

clockwise

Reaction score
Cheapo refer to the passengers/comsumers not driver or operator.

Imo , need to have 2 criteria to call one cheapo.
1) obessive with low prices.
2) taking advantage of a situation.

An example/story below.

I saw an item in the supermarket. But it is priced at 10 dollars(taxi fare) . So i went over to next door wet market. I saw the same item priced at 9 dollars(GC fare) and the quality is same if not better than supermarket's.

At this point, most people will snap up the item at $1 discount and better quality! But i decide to ask for further discount. The stall owner said $8(JG fare) .

And i knew the unfavourable situation of the stall owner. (Drivers need G, G dont need you). So i ask fod 35%discount priced at 5.5 dollars(GS fare).

The stall owner agreed to sell because they need the sale despite the quality is good!

Morale of story : dont squeeze people's profit dry and dont kick someone down when they are in bad shape.

Be grateful that someone pick you up on a GS booking. Tip them if there is no match GS trip. Their day will be better.!!!
Which rider dont want to pay as low and take advantage of situation, especially when the price is set by a system, and not a direct dealing with the person providing the service?

Especially for grab share, the driver can choose not to take the job...whether it affects AR or CR, it's has to be a separate issue, because there are AASNG drivers and cherry picking drivers.

How will the passenger know whether his/her ride is actually aligned with the driver's interest, or his revenue goal/driving style?

I agree that by giving a tip will make anyone happy, but it's just not a common culture in SG, especially for GS riders.

They chose GS because they want to pay the lowest fare to get to their destination. If they want to pay more, they would have chosen JG.

Drivers and Riders always have 2 conflicting sides...same logic as buyer and seller. It's an evergreen fact.

That's why, with fare determined by a system, it actually benefits both parties that there won't be any conflict when it comes to payment.

Both parties have a choice before getting into the car.

Riders have a choice to confirm on their fare.

Drivers have a choice to accept or cancel. Same as that every PHV driver has a choice to drive PHV, nobody put a knife to their neck, forcing them to drive PHV.

There are so many jobs out there, but why PHV? Each driver has their own reason, but it shouldn't be to the point that die die, they can only drive PHV.

Sent from Samsung SM-G973F using GAGT

d3n

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
At T1 now waiting for flight.

Earlier qns on jewel pickup... i usually pickup at last 2 pillar here

Ka8osXG.jpg

Nonsense

Master Member
Reaction score
Now GS cannot see number of pax liao? I rmb last time can see... now like cannot see leh.

Cherryislife

Reaction score
Incentives tab will tell you.

But for your case.
Very hard to chase already.
You really have to eat everything today and tmr.
Play with cr or you hope riders keep cancelling on you.

Guys... I dun usually go for gems but any way to noe how many rides till 90%? Currently Im on 76% on 72 ride total fr the week. 🙄

Cherryislife

Reaction score
Sg riders, want low fare, want A-class service.
How low will vendors continue pressing the fares down until drivers truly have enough?

Many part timers with their own cars are starting to quit because the cost of the commercial insurance is simply not worth it anymore.

Vendors only care about market share and job fulfilment, they dgaf if drivers are doing charity or not.

If they can fulfil 100 riders of $6 fares = $180 comm to vendor.
If they set base fare at $10, at most maybe 50 riders are willing to pay = only $100 comm to vendor.

So of course the cheaper they can lower their fares, they know the more riders they will have.

They will continuously test the threshold of driver to see how low they can go before nobody wants to do it.

You want vendors to start waking up?
Let the amount of drivers deplete to the numbers of 3, 4 years ago.
They will have no choice but to dangle incentives for new drivers to join again.

But realistically, we know that's not going to happen.

Grumpy Bear

Master Member
Reaction score
Guys... I dun usually go for gems but any way to noe how many rides till 90%? Currently Im on 76% on 72 ride total fr the week. 🙄

U can try autoaccept 30 trips today n c end of the day what is your AR. If your CR is below 10% u can also accept then CXL immediately. That will also help to bring your AR up. Tomorrow u also need to do another 30 trips to reach AR 90%

Cherryislife

Reaction score
Cant calculate like that.
That's 72 trips completed.
But before that, how many riders cancelled on him, we wouldn't know.
And also the amount of trips that he himself cancelled.
That contributes to his 76% as well.

Example if he had 10 riders cancel on him.
And he cancelled another 5 trips.
Ignored 5 trips.
The total trips assigned to him would be trips completed + 20.

76% = 72 trips...

72 / 76% = 95 trips assigned to you

0.9 x 95 - 72 = 13 trips more to hit 90%

Last edited:

d3n

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Cancel is another portion right?

My calculation is get total no of assigned trips (which also includes cancellation)

Cos as of 72 trips is worth 76%

Then from total no of assigned trip find 90% to minus 72 trips

Cant calculate like that.
That's 72 trips completed.
But before that, how many riders cancelled on him, we wouldn't know.
And also the amount of trips that he himself cancelled.
That contributes to his 76% as well.

Example if he had 10 riders cancel on him.
And he cancelled another 5 trips.
The total trips assigned to him would be trips completed + 15.

Last edited:

Cherryislife

Reaction score
Simple example.

If you have 10 trips assigned to you.
You ignore 1 and cancel 1.
Rider cancel 1.
7 jobs completed

Ar will be 90%
Cr 10%.

He only mentioned 72 complete trips.
No mention of cancelled trips.
No mentioned of trips ignored.

It's very difficult to gauge.
Just got to keep doing and see where it takes you.

Cancel is another portion right?

My calculation is get total no of assigned trips (which also includes cancellation)

Cos 72 trips is worth 76%

Then from total no of assigned trip find 90% to minus 72 trips

Last edited:

Ec7171

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Which rider dont want to pay as low and take advantage of situation, especially when the price is set by a system, and not a direct dealing with the person providing the service?

Especially for grab share, the driver can choose not to take the job...whether it affects AR or CR, it's has to be a separate issue, because there are AASNG drivers and cherry picking drivers.

How will the passenger know whether his/her ride is actually aligned with the driver's interest, or his revenue goal/driving style?

I agree that by giving a tip will make anyone happy, but it's just not a common culture in SG, especially for GS riders.

They chose GS because they want to pay the lowest fare to get to their destination. If they want to pay more, they would have chosen JG.

Drivers and Riders always have 2 conflicting sides...same logic as buyer and seller. It's an evergreen fact.

That's why, with fare determined by a system, it actually benefits both parties that there won't be any conflict when it comes to payment.

Both parties have a choice before getting into the car.

Riders have a choice to confirm on their fare.

Drivers have a choice to accept or cancel. Same as that every PHV driver has a choice to drive PHV, nobody put a knife to their neck, forcing them to drive PHV.

There are so many jobs out there, but why PHV? Each driver has their own reason, but it shouldn't be to the point that die die, they can only drive PHV.

Sent from Samsung SM-G973F using GAGT

Seems like you dont understand.
Nvm la... U continue your cheapo dream ba.

C32B

Master Member
Reaction score
Sg riders, want low fare, want A-class service.
How low will vendors continue pressing the fares down until drivers truly have enough?

Many part timers with their own cars are starting to quit because the cost of the commercial insurance is simply not worth it anymore.

Vendors only care about market share and job fulfilment, they dgaf if drivers are doing charity or not.

If they can fulfil 100 riders of $6 fares = $180 comm to vendor.
If they set base fare at $10, at most maybe 50 riders are willing to pay = only $100 comm to vendor.

So of course the cheaper they can lower their fares, they know the more riders they will have.

They will continuously test the threshold of driver to see how low they can go before nobody wants to do it.

You want vendors to start waking up?
Let the amount of drivers deplete to the numbers of 3, 4 years ago.
They will have no choice but to dangle incentives for new drivers to join again.

But realistically, we know that's not going to happen.
Agree. When I started off in 2017 using my own car, Commercial Insurance was $1.8k. After a year and having 10% NCD, it jumped to $2.6k and without any accident. Whoa, rather rent.

Sent from OnePlus GM1910 using GAGT

katana71

Master Member
Reaction score
Another ** pax booked JG when they got a child. Reach then CXL with reason Pax with child n get $4. No need to wait 5 mins. Pax said other driver will fetch. I say No because first time get caught is $150 fine. 2nd offense is fine and/or Jail.

How do you deal with passenger with multi stop? PU one office worker come in. Say next stop to fetch her daughter. But at the next stop, her maid and a young daughter below 1.35m come in to all go same destination. Kick all of them out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.