Looking For Recommendation for good laptop/tablet that support note-taking (with pen/stylus) @ COMEX

abc123d

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm a Uni student looking to use a comupter/tablet (eg. microsoft surface) that has a good compatible stylus/pen to handwrite notes on the computer/tablet (eg. through an app like OneNote)

I am about to go to COMEX, any recommendations on what to get? Would like to try to get something below $2000+, but if it is worth the money to spend more than that, I would be ok with spending more too

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm a Uni student looking to use a comupter/tablet (eg. microsoft surface) that has a good compatible stylus/pen to handwrite notes on the computer/tablet (eg. through an app like OneNote)

I am about to go to COMEX, any recommendations on what to get? Would like to try to get something below $2000+, but if it is worth the money to spend more than that, I would be ok with spending more too

If you really only need to do take notes, the surface go should do nicely.

For non Windows tablets, the best options are either ipad that support apple pencil or samsung tablets with S-pen.

abc123d

Reaction score
If you really only need to do take notes, the surface go should do nicely.

For non Windows tablets, the best options are either ipad that support apple pencil or samsung tablets with S-pen.

Thx for the recs

Hmm, apart from note-taking, I would probably be using it to do the normal Uni student stuff/studying, like watching recorded lecture videos, reading & annotating online notes/textbooks/readings/articles, researching/browsing internet (eg. googling for stuff), ocassionally may use for presentations etc.

In that case would the Surface Go suffice?

Also, I am quite unfamiliar with IOS, would u still recommend me to give the ipad a try?

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thx for the recs

Hmm, apart from note-taking, I would probably be using it to do the normal Uni student stuff/studying, like watching recorded lecture videos, reading & annotating online notes/textbooks/readings/articles, researching/browsing internet (eg. googling for stuff), ocassionally may use for presentations etc.

In that case would the Surface Go suffice?

Also, I am quite unfamiliar with IOS, would u still recommend me to give the ipad a try?

If you forsee having to install applications in the future that require more horsepower, then look at the Surface Pro series.

Surface Pro works more like your tradtional laptops with a tablet design. Surface Go focuses more on Windows Store apps ( microsoft equivalent of ios/android apps )

However if your usage is very much simpler, then you can choose between either iOS or Android depending on your preference of the apps eco system. Some people have already heavily invested buying apps in either can re-use apps by logging in the same account.

CasperTheGhost

Master Member
Reaction score
I bought the surface pro 6 256gb bundle. Can handle sch work and some light gaming. Surface go is totally not much gaming but mainly for work/school excel etc but no graphics intensive.

abc123d

Reaction score
I bought the surface pro 6 256gb bundle. Can handle sch work and some light gaming. Surface go is totally not much gaming but mainly for work/school excel etc but no graphics intensive.

ok thx

do u know where is the best place to buy? am looking to get the surface pen too

CasperTheGhost

Master Member
Reaction score
ok thx

do u know where is the best place to buy? am looking to get the surface pen too

Get from L3 challenger booth if they still got stock. 1650 for surface pro 6, alcatara type cover, surface pen, some freebies. That’s the best I saw yesterday.

yapcc

Reaction score
Hi all,

I bought the Dell Inspiron 14 i5 model for $1085. Comes with an active stylus pen and is a 2-in-1 laptop (those that can fold to convert to tablet). Think it should suffice for your university use. Has a built in Geforce Mx130 discrete GPU. The lowest end discrete graphics you can find in the market, but I'm happy it runs my Gta5 at 720p resolution.

Dell laptops are pretty hardy as my last one was bought in 2015 and is still running fine.

Tony Thong

Reaction score
Hi all,

Surface Pro 6 and Go Comparison/Review https://dausel.co/xNkbLj
In this video we compare the Microsoft Surface Pro and the Surface Go. Watch until the end to see our purchase recommendation

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.