One Stop Aquarium
Blk 280 Bukit Batok East Ave.3

Yan Pet & Aquarium

Your best place still at C328.

TehSi99

Master Member
Reaction score
No. Cos moss no need to tie to the wire mesh one.
Another way is to bury just the mesh into the soil.

Tying to mesh is the best way for carpet.
I tried to bury the mesh but most of the moss was buried instead. Have you tried burying mesh before?

KnightDroid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tying to mesh is the best way for carpet.
I tried to bury the mesh but most of the moss was buried instead. Have you tried burying mesh before?

Depends, now young meshing plants maybe too weak, hence plastic box cultivation with higher dosage of nitrogen, phosphorous, iron is prefer (spray can diluted). Water no need to be too high, just suffice to overrun the plants.

This is outside tank cultivation. Once you have more roots then plant inside.

Traditionally, we tend to cultivate inside tank by lowering the water during tank setup stage. Since plastic box is disposable, you just need to make sure no algae grown during cultivation. Higher dosage of nitrogen helps in growth and negate algae growth.

Lucien666

Master Member
Reaction score
giphy.gif

MrTheROCK

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Natura Aquatics
2 Jurong Gateway Road #01-03 Singapore 608512

Polyart Bukit Batok
Blk 265 Bukit Batok East Ave.4

One Stop Aquarium

Yan Pet & Aquarium

Your best place still at C328.

Been to all. c328 still your best bet if u can travel to clementi :o

TehSi99

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone here did a diy CO2 diffuser with success and plants growing well?

I saw many diy on youtube and was tempting to try but no sure its effectiveness.

KnightDroid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone here did a diy CO2 diffuser with success and plants growing well?

I saw many diy on youtube and was tempting to try but no sure its effectiveness.

c4klg2W.jpg

It depends what kind of diffuser you are using. How many bubble count per second you expecting to diffuse.
Just buy one. Bubble counter is required, it is almost like a first stage diffuser there. Even if today you are doing rain water collection, such gadget also exist.

tankgunner

Mentor
Reaction score
anyone can recommend me an alternative to ADA soil?
ADA too atas for me. :o

mainly for planting stem plants.

recca83

Reaction score
lights for carpet plants

hi All,

looking to plant monte carlo in the foreground of my 2ft tank. then may be add some eelgrass at the back and some stem plants in the middle ground

will UP Aqua PRO-LED-T-60 Led Lamp 60cm be sufficient?

Power : 8w

Led Lamp : 0.5 x 9pcs

thanks in advance.

KnightDroid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi All,

looking to plant monte carlo in the foreground of my 2ft tank. then may be add some eelgrass at the back and some stem plants in the middle ground

will UP Aqua PRO-LED-T-60 Led Lamp 60cm be sufficient?

Power : 8w

Led Lamp : 0.5 x 9pcs

thanks in advance.

Depends on height. You'd be looking at light penetration here. A tank with sufficient light penetration, during photosynthesis, the plant is lushgreen, assuming you dose subtly. If the tank bottom is fully exposed without any plants there, lighting is strong, plant nutrient is in abundance, you can be sure to invite algae growth. Well, you can use a food container to experiment algae growth. Once you know the condition inviting algae, perhaps you be better at handling them.

There is a another issue here. It is call heating effect. An HOF, submerge pump, all these are heat generation, so is the light. But filters brings vibration at play too. HOF, I still put sponge to cushion the vibration, styrofoam the bottom to reduce vibration. Light contributes to heat source, so if you want a tank to stay cool, finding the right light penetration is important, hence I stick to 6500k lighting type. Yes it is LED type, also E27 type, makes changing them easier. But I hardly need to replace the lights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.