Mobile plan for old folks?

squarepipe

Reaction score
Yeah. I know the plan details but there is nothing said about the plan is available to locals (locals as in Singapore Citizens or PR).

'VivoBee is a one-stop Mobile Services for migrant workers in Singapore & Malaysia. VivoBee 4G SIM card Mobile Membership Plans provides monthly Free Local Data & IDD Calls for 12 months. Don't forget to check out our budget App IDD Call & Packages, Overseas Mobile & Data Top Up services in VivoBee Mobile App now.'

My question is have they changed their policy and now accept the general local population to sign up with them now?

https://en.ocworkbench.com/vivobee-launches-vivobee-bee-lite-for-locals-a-5-sim-only-plan-that-comes-with-1-gb-data-50-calls-50-sms-and-free-caller-id-and-incoming-calls/

Remless

Master Member
Reaction score

Yihaoong

Reaction score
Under $10, I think redone is the best, else zero1

Thanks!

Previously they said they don't cater to locals when I contacted their customer service. Finally they accept locals to sign up.

I think this is the best under $10 budget plan already.

squarepipe

Reaction score
Thanks!

Previously they said they don't cater to locals when I contacted their customer service. Finally they accept locals to sign up.

I think this is the best under $10 budget plan already.

I think if they use more data the redone $8 plan is better. Unfortunately I don't think Singapore has any prepaid phone that offer mobile data without expiry which ideally should be cheaper then even a $5/ month plan

Remless

Master Member
Reaction score
I think if they use more data the redone $8 plan is better. Unfortunately I don't think Singapore has any prepaid phone that offer mobile data without expiry which ideally should be cheaper then even a $5/ month plan

Redone and other under $10 do not have unlimited incoming calls, which is a big draw for my folks who are low data users.

Oops. Zero1 $9.90 also have unlimited incoming calls. Really spoilt for choices now. Though zero1 is not permanently $9.90.

Last edited:

Yihaoong

Reaction score
Redone do have free incoming calls!

Myrepublic is better with free incoming and 1000mins (no available now)

Redone and other under $10 do not have unlimited incoming calls, which is a big draw for my folks who are low data users.

Oops. Zero1 $9.90 also have unlimited incoming calls. Really spoilt for choices now. Though zero1 is not permanently $9.90.

Remless

Master Member
Reaction score
Redone do have free incoming calls!

Myrepublic is better with free incoming and 1000mins (no available now)

I cannot find where Redone has free incoming calls, only free unlimited calls to/from other redone users.

Yeah.. Myrepublic's cheapest plan is up against competition for mid-tier users, no longer a budget plan.

Yihaoong

Reaction score
It is free incoming.
I still on the redONE pioneer batch user.

I cannot find where Redone has free incoming calls, only free unlimited calls to/from other redone users.

Yeah.. Myrepublic's cheapest plan is up against competition for mid-tier users, no longer a budget plan.

Remless

Master Member
Reaction score
It is free incoming.
I still on the redONE pioneer batch user.

That's nice. Wonder why they did not state clearly in their site.

With all these information (thanks to you guys) for vivobee, redone and zero1 which are all under $10, circles.life $5 plan does not seem that attractive anymore...Lol.

shawnng

Reaction score
Just go down to their agent and ask.
First batch user here. Yes free incoming.

With all these information (thanks to you guys) for vivobee, redone and zero1 which are all under $10, circles.life $5 plan does not seem that attractive anymore...Lol.

squarepipe

Reaction score

That is why its a shame circles.life got rid of their $0 plan. IMO that plan is a better value for parking a mobile number and/or use with a secondary data SIM

Yihaoong

Reaction score
No problem.

Redone plus tpg best.
Switch between SIM 1 and sim2.

For elderly, redone is good enough since it's boundless data

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That's why...

Until a time when MVNO can directly port prepaid numbers without having them converted to postpaid first like the 3 big telcos, its less of a hassle (and cost) just to get a new number.

If they want to retain the number, then just have to stay as prepaid.

What's the hassle ? It's not as if you need to go down to the store. Everything came be done online. And it is done with 1 month minimum in between.

Remless

Master Member
Reaction score
What's the hassle ? It's not as if you need to go down to the store. Everything came be done online. And it is done with 1 month minimum in between.

The fact that the process takes at least one mth and to engage 2 telcos is a hassle. I rather make a trip to the store and get everything done, if possible.

Eg.
M1 prepaid porting to starhub postpaid (big 3 telco prepaid to big 3 telco postpaid)

Just go down to starhub store, buy a prepaid of of the lowest denomination ($8), and fill up whatever forms there. That's all. The staff will handle the porting from M1 prepaid to starhub prepaid, then from starhub prepaid to starhub postpaid.

M1 prepaid porting to an MVNO postpaid, eg. circles.life (big 3 telco prepaid to MVNO postpaid)

I have to contact M1 to convert my prepaid to their only postpaid plan. Pay $25 for the month even though I don't need that much of a usage volume.

Then wait for at least 1 mth, contact circles.life to port M1 postpaid to circles.life postpaid.

squarepipe

Reaction score
The fact that the process takes at least one mth and to engage 2 telcos is a hassle. I rather make a trip to the store and get everything done, if possible.

Eg.
M1 prepaid porting to starhub postpaid (big 3 telco prepaid to big 3 telco postpaid)

Just go down to starhub store, buy a prepaid of of the lowest denomination ($8), and fill up whatever forms there. That's all. The staff will handle the porting from M1 prepaid to starhub prepaid, then from starhub prepaid to starhub postpaid.

M1 prepaid porting to an MVNO postpaid, eg. circles.life (big 3 telco prepaid to MVNO postpaid)

I have to contact M1 to convert my prepaid to their only postpaid plan. Pay $25 for the month even though I don't need that much of a usage volume.

Then wait for at least 1 mth, contact circles.life to port M1 postpaid to circles.life postpaid.

I think converting from prepaid to mvno requires converting prepaid to postpaid first before porting to mvno.

My as well do online since go shop do also requires the same steps.

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
circle life $5 for 2G data, 50min talk time and 30 SMS.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.