UBER / Grab in Johor Bahru

asswor

Reaction score
By the way anyone knows if need attach ic in order to grab in malaysia? i see new regulations require passenger to do so

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
By the way anyone knows if need attach ic in order to grab in malaysia? i see new regulations require passenger to do so

Where did you see that requirement? Any link for us to refer? :eek:

hangry

Reaction score
Grab in Desaru

Anybody here have tried calling any of Uber / Grab in the early morning ? 6am ?

Anyone tried using Grab in Desaru? I will be staying at Hard Rock Desaru this weekend and I hope to use Grab to go out for seafood dinner. Any recommendations for seafood dinner too? :s13:

beanstalk6

Reaction score
Anyone tried using Grab in Desaru? I will be staying at Hard Rock Desaru this weekend and I hope to use Grab to go out for seafood dinner. Any recommendations for seafood dinner too? :s13:

You can head to Sungei Rengit for seafood.

hwsstx

Reaction score

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...ab-in-malaysia

Singaporeans have to comply with Grab's selfie verification when using app in Malaysia

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
https://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...ab-in-malaysia

Singaporeans have to comply with Grab's selfie verification when using app in Malaysia
Looking at...

Grab, through an announcement on its Malaysian app and its website, informed users recently that the compulsory measure will be in place by July 12.

... and...

Within Singapore, Grab users who signed up before February this year did not have to go through selfie verification, with their identities verified by either their Facebook account or credit card details.

But new users signing up from February this year have had to submit selfies to successfully open their accounts.

I guess this only applies to new users after the implementation, like the SG one...? I did receive a Grab message few weeks back about a selfie verification but didn't pay much attention to it.

Anyway, I hope Grab has thought about this...

Undergraduate Melvin Koh, 23, who visits Malaysia about once every two months and uses Grab as his primary mode of transport there, said: "Drivers may judge and pick passengers based on how they look, so if it is not shared with the drivers then it is okay."

SBC

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Easy to get Grab 6-seater in JB?

what is the estimate fare from Checkpoint to Paradigm mall?

007Mi6

Reaction score

4 seater should be about RM25, You can use the app to estimate, no need ask here. Just manually point on map and you can get the price even if you are now in New York City

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Quite easy, just have to wait a little while longer than norm perhaps.

I tried once as had 5 pax back in April, but that's from Gelang Patah GP88 coffee shop area, about 11am on a Sunday morning. Fare was RM30+. Then night from Paradigm to what is now TF Value Mart Nusa Bestari was RM20+.

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Following our discussions yesterday from here (my bad, it's my mistake for posting there in the first place. :o ), there's good news, though I'm not sure it'll help much...

Drivers Given Extra Time

PUTRAJAYA: Although e-hailing drivers have been given extra time to get themselves licensed, enforcement towards operators who flout regulations will go on as planned.

“I want to remind all EHOs (e-hailing operators) that enforcement begins today. There is no postponement.

“But for e-hailing drivers who are caught not having a PSV (passenger service vehicle) licence or driving a car that does not fulfil the requirements, our enforcement officers will give them final warnings.

“This is a ‘soft landing’ approach, to allow e-hailing drivers to get themselves licensed within the three months,” said Loke at a press conference here after chairing his ministry’s post-Cabinet meeting.

Read more at https://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2019/07/13/drivers-given-extra-time/#yuWcDASq8Ewt6EKK.99

Last edited:

cryn79

Reaction score
Since 18th Jul, have anyone experience an increase in price for the Grab rides?

Habrosus

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Grabbed these couple of days, no noticeable difference in the rates nor availability.

shoxx

Reaction score
Anyone know if Grab drivers will drive from JB City Square to Desaru? Anyone try before?
And is Grab available in Desaru or have to use local taxi? Thanks in advance.

beanstalk6

Reaction score
You will get quoted for JB to Desaru although I am not sure if there will be takers. After all Desaru is not served by Grab- you will get a notice that says something to the effect.

mojipei

Reaction score
May i ask the experts here, if I grab from Aeon Tebrau City to Malaysian custom, should I tell him to go to CIQ or just City Square. It appears to be that the road leading to CIQ is often jammed and may get stuck there. If tell him to go City Square, will it help to make my trip faster?

Thanks.

Insatiable_creat

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Spent 2 days 1 night in Austin. From R&F mall to Austin is 19rm in peak hrs, 14rm for non peak.

beanstalk6

Reaction score
May i ask the experts here, if I grab from Aeon Tebrau City to Malaysian custom, should I tell him to go to CIQ or just City Square. It appears to be that the road leading to CIQ is often jammed and may get stuck there. If tell him to go City Square, will it help to make my trip faster?

You answered your own question. You should indicate "JB Sentral CIQ Main Entrance", instead of "JB Sentral CIQ Drop Off". The Main Entrance is on the side with the Caltex and faces "Johor Bahru City Square Levi's" diagonally.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.