Manchester United - Theatre of Dreams - Part 35

Status
Not open for further replies.

sCuzzZy

Reaction score
Daniel James scored another cracker for Wales yesterday
he should be given the left wing spot permanently

it's the same trick, but a good trick tho. excellent finishing. haha. guy will need more then just that in his arsenal now. no LB is gna let him cut in on the right anymore.

spykid

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If he can further perfect that particular move, it could turn out into a great weapon for himself and the team. He scored quite a similar one against Palace i think. Arjen Robben made a career by cutting in from the right and shooting with his left foot. We all knew what Robben was going to do when he gets the ball there but he was so bloody good at it that no defender could stop him

James is a good three or four years away from that brilliant Robben though. Yeah won't hurt if he introduces more skill sets into his game

spykid

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The De Gea thing. Play well and he rightly gets the praise, play bad and he righly gets criticise lor. Dunno what is so difficult to understand. If he doesn't sign the contract and then goes to Juve or PSG on a free and we don't get any transfer fee for him, he loses all my respect and adoration for him. The supporters have treated him very well after faxgate

This is not like the Ander Herrera situation. The contract offer for De Gea has always been on the table but he's dragging by not signing it for whatever reasons. He should make his bloody mind up quick

ItsmeagainhK

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The De Gea thing. Play well and he rightly gets the praise, play bad and he righly gets criticise lor. Dunno what is so difficult to understand. If he doesn't sign the contract and then goes to Juve or PSG on a free and we don't get any transfer fee for him, he loses all my respect and adoration for him. The supporters have treated him very well after faxgate

This is not like the Ander Herrera situation. The contract offer for De Gea has always been on the table but he's dragging by not signing it for whatever reasons. He should make his bloody mind up quick

I would not blame him. At the peak of his career and have been a loyal servant. Naturally he will want to go to a team that is challenging for titles, UCL etc. As a supporter, i want him to sign and stay. But if im in his shoes, probably not. More so if the club says its rebuilding.. but i dont really see it. Rebuilding for the past 6 seasons already.

Last edited:

spykid

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I would not blame him. At the peak of his career and have been a loyal servant. Naturally he will want to go to a team that is challenging for titles, UCL etc. As a supporter, i want him to sign and stay. But if im in his shoes, probably not.

Of course he can go, yes especially when he’s out of contract next summer. He’s replaceable. But at least tell the club his intentions so we can make plans after his departure. Or maybe he already did but the club is keeping quiet first. If he eventually signs, he will be the highest paid goalkeeper in the world by a distance. So I don’t think money is a factor here. Going back home is more likely

ItsmeagainhK

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Of course he can go, yes especially when he’s out of contract next summer. He’s replaceable. But at least tell the club his intentions so we can make plans after his departure. Or maybe he already did but the club is keeping quiet first. If he eventually signs, he will be the highest paid goalkeeper in the world by a distance. So I don’t think money is a factor here. Going back home is more likely

I think even if he told the club he wanted to leave, they wont do anything to plan etc etc. its just them .. lol

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
has the club shown they have any plans when player contracts are expiring?

other than the usual Jones Smalling Lingard Young...they have tough time making the rest extend contracts. only thing they do best is activate 1yr extension clause

the management's "plans" on our managers in the last 6 years also contributes to these players reconsidering whenever their contracts are up.

Last edited:

rizal5150

Banned
Reaction score
chartoftheday_19307_clubs_with_the_highest_transfer_expenditure_to_assemble_their_squad_n.jpg

Didn't expect utd to be so high in the list :o

Yellowfin

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
England score 5 goals last night....****ford not playing. It show how useless ****ford is in the England team.

Sell him off in Jan transfer window.:s13::s13::s13:

Jian19

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
England score 5 goals last night....****ford not playing. It show how useless ****ford is in the England team.

Rashford need a senior striker upfront with him

He works pretty well with Kane

Mancunian2

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Rashford need a senior striker upfront with him

He works pretty well with Kane
England scored all 5 goals in the 1st half

Rashford didn't play at all in the 1st half, he came on at the 85th minute

Mancunian2

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Rashford is not Andy Cole or Dwight Yorke level but he is better than Welbeck

So far, he has not proven to be a reliable No 9
maybe he can be a decent No 10 (dunno :s11:)
all the hype is because he is academy product

like lingarde, pogba, pererra, mctominay - all over-rated because home grown :(

Jian19

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Pogba notch homegrown

We pluck him from some French team when he was 16 I think

RuMmYtUb

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Worrying time for Rashy.

Sancho is 3 years Rashy’s junior but seems a more complete product.

Rashy c’mon!

Asakura

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
source: reddit seihanda 3 years ago
After doing my research I found out that Pogba is indeed legitimate Homegrown.

A homegrown player by definition is :

An HGP means a player who, irrespective of his nationality or age, has been registered with any club affiliated to the Football Association or the Football Association of Wales for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons or 36 months prior to his 21st birthday (or the end of the season during which he turns 21).

Pogba join us from Le Havre u19 on Jul 1, 2009 at the age of 16 then he move to Juventus on Aug 3, 2012 at the age of 19.

The Pogba's not homegrown all start because we registered him at october 2009 not when we suppoused to registered him at july 2009. That's because Le Havres complaint holding up his registration.

But because the complaint already clear up, we can continue the stalled registration. The keyword here is stalled.

Thus even though de facto he's registered at october 2009, de jure he's registered on Jul 1, 2009.

Made him a homegrown after 3 years, 1 month, and 2 days as United player

EPL register him as HG, that's all we need to know.

Jian19

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
source: reddit seihanda 3 years ago
After doing my research I found out that Pogba is indeed legitimate Homegrown.

A homegrown player by definition is :

An HGP means a player who, irrespective of his nationality or age, has been registered with any club affiliated to the Football Association or the Football Association of Wales for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons or 36 months prior to his 21st birthday (or the end of the season during which he turns 21).

Pogba join us from Le Havre u19 on Jul 1, 2009 at the age of 16 then he move to Juventus on Aug 3, 2012 at the age of 19.

The Pogba's not homegrown all start because we registered him at october 2009 not when we suppoused to registered him at july 2009. That's because Le Havres complaint holding up his registration.

But because the complaint already clear up, we can continue the stalled registration. The keyword here is stalled.

Thus even though de facto he's registered at october 2009, de jure he's registered on Jul 1, 2009.

Made him a homegrown after 3 years, 1 month, and 2 days as United player

Ic

But I dun consider him home grown

Moi think those with the club since 13-14 more "homegrown"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.