Honda Fit - Reliable PI

jamescy90

Hi first time car buyer here. Been looking around but it seems Honda Fit is the more practical choice (not the most beautiful but definitely more worth it with its price tag and also heard its more reliable). Does it come with nevigation and Apple car play? Is it LED light? In car camera and reverse camera? Was looking at the 1.5 Honda Fit.

Just got my fit hybrid.

No navigation.

Got reverse cam.

Orphan

Hi first time car buyer here. Been looking around but it seems Honda Fit is the more practical choice (not the most beautiful but definitely more worth it with its price tag and also heard its more reliable). Does it come with nevigation and Apple car play? Is it LED light? In car camera and reverse camera? Was looking at the 1.5 Honda Fit.

None of the PIs import 1.5L petrol Fit for now. For 1.5L, they only import the Hybrid version.

Only KM have 1.5L Jazz. But they don't sell the Hybrid version currently.

HU navigation/carplay:
Not sure about KM Jazz.
For PI, mine came with Pioneer 5150BT HU that can be used for Android Auto and Apple Carplay.
Now the x250BT series are out, so they shud be given that.
Different dealers have different deals, need to verify with them.

215BT is budget type, 2250 is low end 5250 is mid range, 9250 is high end.

LED headlights:
Jazz 1.5 have LED headlights.
Fit 1.5 Hybrid after facelift, the PIs only bring in the Halogen version.

Dash cam:
Jazz, used to be 1 ch dash cam. But I hear KM ones do not have parking mode because ppl keep draining the battery flat, then complain until KM dulan. Not sure if this is still the same now.

PI Fit, mine come with 2ch iRoad. Can enable parking mode. Got power cutoff to ensure I dun drain batt flat and cannot start car.

Reverse cam
Both have.

ktyandkyc

None of the PIs import 1.5L petrol Fit for now. For 1.5L, they only import the Hybrid version.

HU navigation/carplay:
Not sure about KM Jazz.
For PI, mine came with Pioneer 5150BT HU that can be used for Android Auto and Apple Carplay.

LED headlights:

Dash cam:
Jazz, used to be 1 ch dash cam. But I hear KM ones do not have parking mode because ppl keep draining the battery flat, then complain until KM dulan. Not sure if this is still the same now.

PI Fit, mine come with 2ch iRoad. Can enable parking mode. Got power cutoff to ensure I dun drain batt flat and cannot start car.

Reverse cam
Both have.
Hi Orphan, can trouble to pm me where u get ur car please and other related info which u don't mind sharing, thanks

Sent from Xiaomi Poco F1 using GAGT

zzzzzzz

HU navigation/carplay:
Not sure about KM Jazz.

LED headlights:

Dash cam:

Reverse cam
Both have.

Is the mighty PI Honda FIT Hybrid's reverse camera the stock camera from Honda with dynamic guidelines?
:(

Orphan

Hi Orphan, can trouble to pm me where u get ur car please and other related info which u don't mind sharing, thanks

PM sent. But as mentioned, mine is a Hybrid, and they are out of stock for Hybrids and never restock. Many dealers I see also out of stock. Maybe they dun want to spoil chance for CAT B CoE with a cheap 1.5L car. Sell big car can earn more.

Orphan

Is the mighty PI Honda FIT Hybrid's reverse camera the stock camera from Honda with dynamic guidelines?
:(

I dun think it's the stock one, no dynamic guidelines. Only got static guidelines.
The Pioneer HU no input jack for detecting steering wheel position.

ktyandkyc

Any reason y Orphan bro choose fit over jazz

Orphan

Any reason y Orphan bro choose fit over jazz

Short version:
Value for money, all my worst concerns (run road/recalls/car mods) addressed plus excellent service level quality (knowledge/honesty/humility).
It's also about the car model itself. KM don't sell Hybrid.

Long version:
I actually drove down to KM first and was set to buy from them during their year end sale. Looking at 1.5L at first, Hybrid or not never mind. Was actually kind of wary about Hybrids. But ultimately didn't buy from them for a few reasons:

1) Agent was a bit too pushy, knowledge was lacking and tried to BS me a few things (note, not saying all KM in general like that, but just the agent serving me)

2) Everything also cannot mod, else warranty void. Things like change HU outside also cannot. There were certain mods I have already decided to do

3) Mugen bodykit $3K. Must get from them. Cannot do outside or will void warranty.

4) Told me they do not carry Hybrid coz SG weather is hot and it kills the hybrid battery. But I know Honda Malaysia is selling the Hybrids like hotcakes, and Honda actually did a lengthy 2 year test in Malaysia's heat, in their sibei tokong KL traffic jam during Hari Raya, up Genting. When I explained to the agent, he cannot explain.

5) Cannot test drive, tell me too many ppl, have to come back on another day. I also open to HRV, so I asked about test driving the HRV also, but same, too many ppl in the queue. Did not look interested in serving me. Yes I know, KM business big and Jazz is a cheap car, but dun like that leh...

6) Had to wait least 4 months for delivery. So I told him in that case, I thought I'll come back another day when they less busy to test drive.

7) I went back and started looking at 1.5L Hybrid from PI. Wah, got several PI have promo. 1.5 Hybrid is 10k cheaper than 1.5 Jazz. Sure or not!? So I did more research.

8) Hybrid OMV is higher

9) BHP/Torque/0-100 specs are all better
Hybrid 1.5L: 135BHP/170NM/8.8 Secs (170NM torque is constant, starts from 1 RPM)
Petrol 1.5L: 129BHP/155NM/9.6 Secs (Torque is 70NM at 1k RPM, 125NM at 2K RPM, 140NM at 4K RPM, 155NM at 5k RPM)

11) FC is off the charts
Hybrid 1.5L: 37.2 km/l
Petrol 1.5L: 17.8 km/l
I know petrol price trend is always going up. Based on current oil prices and average mileage per year, I calculated I will save at least 6k over 10 years.

12) CoE is CAT B.
Cannot be leh!? CAT B CoE how come still can sell cheaper than CAT A 1.5 Jazz?

13) WTF, got a few PI doing promo. Include solar film, 7" Pioneer HU that support Android Auto & Carplay (I initially thought it was the low end model), branded 2 ch dash cam, reverse cam + sensors, solar film, sports rim, leather seats, car mat. 4 bid guaranteed CoE. Road tax. Add together about 5K wor...

14) Orh, got 10K VES rebate coz emission very low.
Wait, still not right leh. I recalculated price based on OMV for both cars (remember, Jazz OMV is lower by at least 3K). Wah, KM selling at a huge profit, PI margin a lot less. On average, PI really must sell at least 1 car a month to survive.

15) Must be got some catch. Checked the reviews of the PIs on SG Carmart, google search for complaints, check CASE for complaints. Shady ones I avoid.
Called up 3 different PI to find out more. Also called up the lobangs from Fake Oranges for both Jazz and Fit. They also cannot do better.

16) Went for the PI with promo and is CASE Trusted (coz got PI run road mah)

17) Agent was knowledgeable, honest and humble. Answered all my questions

18) Direct importer, so they fully cover recalls

19) Got ready stock in the color I want (white)

20) Can help me do Bodykit/LED Scuff plate/Auto fold mirror before I collect

I put down payment on the spot. 10.7K. Entire sum deducted from balance, no hidden admin fee, no GST. 4 Bid guaranteed changed to 1 bid guaranteed. Car was ready for collection 2 weeks later after the very next CoE bidding. Got my car before Christmas.

There's actually more reasons, but I guess it's already a pain to go through

ktyandkyc

Short version:
Value for money, all my worst concerns (run road/recalls/car mods) addressed plus excellent service level quality (knowledge/honesty/humility).

Long version:
I actually drove down to KM first and was set to buy from them during their year end sale. Looking at 1.5L at first, Hybrid or not never mind. Was actually kind of wary about Hybrids. But ultimately didn't buy from them for a few reasons:

1) Agent was a bit too pushy, knowledge was lacking and tried to BS me a few things (note, not saying all KM in general like that, but just the agent serving me)

2) Everything also cannot mod, else warranty void. Things like change HU outside also cannot. There were certain mods I have already decided to do

3) Mugen bodykit $3K. Must get from them. Cannot do outside or will void warranty.

4) Told me they do not carry Hybrid coz SG weather is hot and it kills the hybrid battery. But I know Honda Malaysia is selling the Hybrids like hotcakes, and Honda actually did a lengthy 2 year test in Malaysia's heat, in their sibei tokong KL traffic jam during Hari Raya, up Genting. When I explained to the agent, he cannot explain.

5) Cannot test drive, tell me too many ppl, have to come back on another day. I also open to HRV, so I asked about test driving the HRV also, but same, too many ppl in the queue. Did not look interested in serving me. Yes I know, KM business big and Jazz is a cheap car, but dun like that leh...

6) Had to wait least 4 months for delivery. So I told him in that case, I thought I'll come back another day when they less busy to test drive.

7) I went back and started looking at 1.5L Hybrid from PI. Wah, got several PI have promo. 1.5 Hybrid is 10k cheaper than 1.5 Jazz. Sure or not!? So I did more research.

8) Hybrid OMV is higher

Hybrid 1.5L: 135BHP/170NM/8.8 Secs (170NM torque is constant, starts from 1 RPM)
Petrol 1.5L: 129BHP/155NM/9.6 Secs (Torque is 70NM at 1k RPM, 125NM at 2K RPM, 140NM at 4K RPM, 155NM at 5k RPM)

11) FC is off the charts
I know petrol price trend is always going up. Based on current oil prices and average mileage per year, I calculated I will save at least 6k over 10 years.

12) CoE is CAT B.

13) WTF, got a few PI doing promo. Include solar film, 7" Pioneer HU that support Android Auto & Carplay (I initially thought it was the low end model), branded 2 ch dash cam, reverse cam + sensors, solar film, sports rim, leather seats, car mat. 4 bid guaranteed CoE. Road tax. Add together about 5K wor...

Wait, still not right leh. I recalculated price based on OMV for both cars (remember, Jazz OMV is lower by at least 3K). Wah, KM selling at a huge profit, PI margin a lot less. On average, PI really must sell at least 1 car a month to survive.

15) Must be got some catch. Checked the reviews of the PIs on SG Carmart, google search for complaints, check CASE for complaints. Shady ones I avoid.
Called up 3 different PI to find out more. Also called up the lobangs from Fake Oranges for both Jazz and Fit. They also cannot do better.

I put down payment on the spot. 10.7K. Entire sum deducted from balance, no hidden admin fee, no GST. 4 Bid guaranteed changed to 1 bid guaranteed. Car was ready for collection 2 weeks later after the very next CoE bidding. Got my car before Christmas.

Wah so detailed and informative. Thanks! Just one point on the recall if touch wood, how definite would the PI in general honour their words honestly..

Orphan

Wah so detailed and informative. Thanks! Just one point on the recall if touch wood, how definite would the PI in general honour their words honestly..

PIs are also supposed to handle recalls. Honda provide the parts for free. The dealer just need to arrange shipping and workshop. It's just that some play punk.

https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/transport/parallel-import-cars-in-the-spotlight-after-report-on-uber-case?amp

In general, advice is go for the bigger PIs that are established and are here for good, big enough to import the cars directly instead of having to buy from a bigger local importer. Having CASE trust is just 1 documentable step. (Of course, having CASE trust doesn't mean their CEO won't run road or the business go bust. But this also applies to KM)

myviowner

PIs are also supposed to handle recalls. Honda provide the parts for free. The dealer just need to arrange shipping and workshop. It's just that some play punk.

https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/tr...n-the-spotlight-after-report-on-uber-case?amp

In general, advice is go for the bigger PIs that are established and are here for good, big enough to import the cars directly instead of having to buy from a bigger local importer. Having CASE trust is just 1 documentable step. (Of course, having CASE trust doesn't mean their CEO won't run road or the business go bust. But this also applies to KM)

Generally, you are correct that bigger PI should also handles... it is also safe guard your self to get these bigger PI to write down on purchase agreements how they handle recalls.
Again if there is a recall, Honda Motor Japan will first signal this to their domestic AD. These domestic AD will settle those unit sold locally as first priority.
Subsequently, those affected which are exported as secondary case.
Be prepare to wait.

ktyandkyc

Generally, you are correct that bigger PI should also handles... it is also safe guard your self to get these bigger PI to write down on purchase agreements how they handle recalls.
Again if there is a recall, Honda Motor Japan will first signal this to their domestic AD. These domestic AD will settle those unit sold locally as first priority.
Subsequently, those affected which are exported as secondary case.
Be prepare to wait.
But just wondering, beside safe guards, how to minimize the chance of picking a car whose model may be recalled in the future? I'm sure there a lot of PI cars around on the roads

veryhonestguy

U can’t, even Maserati and Ferrari also get recall lol , actually nothing wrong buying from pi as it is cheaper , due to the standard is not as stringent as ad. U think cycle want do thier mercedes show room till so nice meh , it because of certain standard they need to fulfill as ad , as ad represent the brand in that country .
U run small risk like the car is not tune and set up for sg content if it is from pi, but that is very minimal risk . U see those jdm made car , and inside is all in Japanese , some ppl think it made in Japan , but actually the car manufacturers will ask the ad to change the setting to sg English content if it is From ad
To make it simple pi is reseller like challenger selling iPhone , and Apple store is ad selling iPhone . Warrently and all issue will go back to Apple store

But just wondering, beside safe guards, how to minimize the chance of picking a car whose model may be recalled in the future? I'm sure there a lot of PI cars around on the roads

LionCiti

HU navigation/carplay:
Not sure about KM Jazz.

LED headlights:

Dash cam:

Reverse cam
Both have.

Great info, certainly very helpful as I am contemplating to get it from a PI as well.

If possible, can pm me the PI u bought it from?

Shutterbox

Short version:

Long version:

8) Hybrid OMV is higher

11) FC is off the charts

12) CoE is CAT B.

Power siol....

xhlee87

U see those jdm made car , and inside is all in Japanese , some ppl think it made in Japan , but actually the car manufacturers will ask the ad to change the setting to sg English content if it is From ad
To make it simple pi is reseller like challenger selling iPhone , and Apple store is ad selling iPhone . Warrently and all issue will go back to Apple store

So u mean AD and PI took the car from same source but AD able to change the language to English.
So AD took made in Japan Vezel and change english and logo to become HRV? So those buying HRV is actually buying JDM car?

HRV is made in Thailand which is sold by AD and vezel is made in Japan which is sold by PI.
JDM is really made in Japan.

veryhonestguy

Pi source cars from the world that is right hand drive and can be sold in sg .
Ad is specific Singapore representatives of the car brand like Honda , and spec and such to Honda requirement. I don’t understand why ppl so obsessed with Japan made car . Nowadays a lot of cars are outsourced to Africa like mercedes c class and below . I don’t see jazz any inferiors to fit in anyways

So u mean AD and PI took the car from same source but AD able to change the language to English.
So AD took made in Japan Vezel and change english and logo to become HRV? So those buying HRV is actually buying JDM car?

HRV is made in Thailand which is sold by AD and vezel is made in Japan which is sold by PI.
JDM is really made in Japan.

This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.