Thread all abt ROLEX

Status
Not open for further replies.

flame2000

Banned
Reaction score
Hi,

Can I ask what the typical discount the retailers are giving now for Rolex Datejust series? What’s the max?

Thanks

Typical 15%~18%. I heard of 20% too.

Those who said 50%, you can get up to 80% from Replica Watch sellers. :s13:

billovee

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No 0% installment can’t afford 😅

so many nice seikos to buy, you want to drag yourself to death just for watch ? :s22:

https://www.fratellowatches.com/hot-take-seiko-5-sports-collection-our-thoughts-on-the-big-news/

SBDC067_Blue_Coral_Reef__83574.1541848646__04794.1561374792.jpg

SZSC005-700x700.jpg

sbdc073-a.jpg

seiko-prospex-automatic-200m-divers-mens-watch-srpd25k-srpd25k1-starbuy_3_3.jpg

ss201805b058s_seiko-monster-srp455.jpg

All in a Day

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Open question to all on the street price for the popular sports models i.e. gmt and sub.

What is your view/prediction on the prices based on current level and why?

To start the ball rolling, my view is that IF Rolex continues status quo, current street prices are at the resistance point already and would be fairly stable (not likely to go up or down).

View only applies to production models. Discontinued models, depends on the hype.

danielkok

Reaction score
Hi guys,

My Father in law gave my wife an old Rolex date watch. No papers, no box, no nothing. Anyway, I took it to RSC and they took a look at it. Sure, it is real. But... the original bezel (fluted) has been replaced with a chocolate color normal bezel. And they said, the face has been modified like resprayed (???) or polished to a different shade of the original color. So, they don't wanna service it or do anything with it.

Now, what can I do with this watch? It still works fine.

wahjohreno

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

My Father in law gave my wife an old Rolex date watch. No papers, no box, no nothing. Anyway, I took it to RSC and they took a look at it. Sure, it is real. But... the original bezel (fluted) has been replaced with a chocolate color normal bezel. And they said, the face has been modified like resprayed (???) or polished to a different shade of the original color. So, they don't wanna service it or do anything with it.

Now, what can I do with this watch? It still works fine.
What do you want to do with it?

Service and retain all the cosmetic changes that was done to it?

Service and restore the watch to its original condition by changing out the dial and bezel?

If no cosmetic changes required, then any decent watch maker can help you.

If you want to return it to it’s original state, you will probably need to spend more than what the watch is worth.

wahjohreno

Master Member
Reaction score
I was looking at those 36mth 0% installment kind . The price all seems to be ard 20k

Quite easy to decide really.

You know it’s overpriced by $2-3k, benchmarking against the current bloated prices. And it’s overpriced by a lot more compared with Rolex’s RRP.

So the question is very simply, is overpaying $2-3k over 36 months less important than owning the watch?

Only you can answer that. We all have different answers.

Kyo_kusanagi86

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you can only afford luxury item by installments, then please reconsider the purchase. Spend within your means.

Totally agree with this statement, if you need to pay via Installment for watches, you are living beyond your means liao.

If you really want the watch, just borrow from those legal money lender (just bring IC will do), easily can lend up to 6 times your salary and pay off the watch in 1 go and then sort out the lender later. =:p

danielkok

Reaction score
What do you want to do with it?

Service and retain all the cosmetic changes that was done to it?

Service and restore the watch to its original condition by changing out the dial and bezel?

If no cosmetic changes required, then any decent watch maker can help you.

If you want to return it to it’s original state, you will probably need to spend more than what the watch is worth.

What really bugs her is the bezel. So where can I find a fluted bezel to replace the current one?

Sorry ah, quite the noob to these things

Mathematoxic

Reaction score
No 0% installment can’t afford 😅

Nothing wrong to pay by installments. But do really think over if you want to stretch your monthly expenses just to wear a watch? For your situation it's better to buy when you saved a lump sum than to depend on installments. And lastly no to 20k for a Rolex GMT that is retailing at 12k.

fabiaN__

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I was looking at those 36mth 0% installment kind . The price all seems to be ard 20k

Suggest to pay in full for luxury items. Anyway it's a want, not a need.. $550+ a month is equivalent to more than $25/working day to makan..

Can jiak many ho liao for lunch.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Totally agree with this statement, if you need to pay via Installment for watches, you are living beyond your means liao.

If you really want the watch, just borrow from those legal money lender (just bring IC will do), easily can lend up to 6 times your salary and pay off the watch in 1 go and then sort out the lender later. =:p

LOLOL. wtf not sure legit advice anot.

i am fine paying via instalment, nothing wrong with it. as long you're able to service the loan.

instead of forking 10k, i split into 12 months, pay via salary or any income you may have and you still have 10k cold hard cash when u need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.