2017 Google Pixel 2 & Pixel 2 XL!! - Part 2

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thinking of getting a p2xl at 339. anyone here already brought from wmart?

scrolling through the forum page it seems that p2xl is relatively problem free already.
so at 339 for a sd835 world phone with about 1+ year left of unlimited photo storage and potentially with 2 more years of android updates (assumption is that Android 11 will come to the device).
seems like a good buy no?

I wouldn't say problem free la. still the same main thing which is potential for screen issues. Like dead pixel or uneven tint. I bought 1 from them, and been using for a week or so. My friend bought 1 too after I did. Self collected, legit SG set, and looks to be new. It's quite easy to tell for 2 XL since the SKU on the box will say SG at the end, then it has that extra sticker with a barcode too that i've seen on Singtel P2XL, and the IMEI number of phone matches the box of course.

Not sure if it's legit sealed or not since the original sticker "seal" can be easily removed and pasted back. But the phone itself condition looks like they've never been used. Mine was left with like 2% battery too, so might be legit old stocks. it was running android 8.1 out of the box too.

Warranty wise, just take it with grain of salt. Because don't even know service centre will accept the receipt from them or not. But since the phone only came out in november 2017, and this has 2 years warranty, at least the next 2 months is safe. Or you can check the IMEI number (http://www.imeipro.info/check_lg.html) to see the date of manufacture, at least will have warranty till then. Mine was mid december 2017.

for that price i think it's a pretty decent buy looking at the prices on carousell for used sets. lol. Specs might not look amazing, but it still runs really well since it's stock Android. Like you said, still getting updates, still has original resolution uploads unlimited till 2021 January. It has stereo speakers too, IP68, and the camera can still go toe to toe or beat newer phones. Just that there's a risk that you might only have a few more months of warranty left, and that you really need to check the screen very carefully when buying. 1 dead pixel on a QHD screen is not that easy to spot at a glance. haha.

Also, they say LG service centre, but you can probably just go Aperia Mall to CTDI to service the phone instead. They might be less picky about the receipt? :s13:

porky_88

Reaction score
Mine was mid december 2017.

your friend's set also mid dec 2017? how's your screen?

Currently using P3. thinking to use this as spare/travel phone which is currently a aging ip7 with a really crappy battery. so... pay 70 go change battery for ip7 or buy this? hahahah.. first world problems.

Last edited:

Alexz_Hong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
your friend's set also mid dec 2017? how's your screen?

Currently using P3. thinking to use this as spare/travel phone which is currently a aging ip7 with a really crappy battery. so... pay 70 go change battery for ip7 or buy this? hahahah.. first world problems.

My screen looks okay? haha. I didn't check my friend's set though. For travel phone maybe can consider sell ip7 then buy this. probably won't need to top up too much. At least the camera on P2XL is so much better than the iP7 :s13:

gong318

Reaction score
btw please head to CTDI for 2nd year warranty, I've confirmed with them when I went theat second year P2xl are serviced there. They will not check receipt, but will check the IMEI to check if its under warranty

In my experience I had a dead pixel, and I just quoted fast discharge, so they replaced both screen and battery for me. went before lunch and it was ready in 2 hours

Sent from OnePlus GM1910 using GAGT

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
btw please head to CTDI for 2nd year warranty, I've confirmed with them when I went theat second year P2xl are serviced there. They will not check receipt, but will check the IMEI to check if its under warranty

In my experience I had a dead pixel, and I just quoted fast discharge, so they replaced both screen and battery for me. went before lunch and it was ready in 2 hours

Sent from OnePlus GM1910 using GAGT

Any factory reset done?

limmk

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Google Camera 7.0 from Pixel 4 on Pixel 3 XL
EEXOZt6UUAA9FQ4

EEXOalNUwAA2Efp

EEXObTuUUAAXqhg

EEXOb_qU0AEqemI

EEXQv3CU0AEQQi7

EEXQwisU8AAIIGl

EEXQxRzU8AEYpVJ

Last edited:

frizee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lol using Pixel 2XL and I am thinking of requesting for nfc SIM for ezlink usage. Is this phone compatible? :)

Last edited:

porky_88

Reaction score
missed out on the wmart pixel 2 xl deal due to travel..... sian...
anyone knows of good pixel 2 xl deals around?

mozzilla

Reaction score
Any owner of Pixel 2 (non-XL) has changed their battery locally? Where and what’s the cost like?

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any owner of Pixel 2 (non-XL) has changed their battery locally? Where and what’s the cost like?

How bad is your battery life?

I had a bad experience before so I don't dare to send to unauthorized shops for repair.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.