If jobless buy bto is it get the maximum subsidy

Singlenotbui

Banned
Reaction score
For example a 2 room bto cost $120k. After grants, cost $30k.

If i am jobless, i will be entitled to the maximum grant so i only pay 30k?

Cannot take loan but previously when i work i have 70k in my cpf can pay finish so i don't need to take loan too

Last edited:
Reaction score

Cannot take loan but previously when i work i have 70k in my cpf can pay finish

Max grant $80k for BTO right?
Told you all gov policy protects everyone

vinz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Cannot take loan but previously when i work i have 70k in my cpf can pay finish so i don't need to take loan too
I assume you asking under SINGLE scheme.

Not sure how calculate to get a grant of 90k? (since u mention you need to pay 30k only for a 120k bto)

BTO no first timer resale grant. Only EHG grant (from today onwards)

AHG + SHG = EHG now.

Previously AHG or SHG criteria is for applicant to be in full time employment 12 months prior to BTO application. I just check HDB website and it is the same for EHG.

<< You and/ or your spouse/ fiancé(e) are employed at the time you submitted the flat application, and have been continuously employed for the 12 months prior^ to the flat application >>

Pls click : First time applicant buying a NEW FLAT

Thus an unemployed single can only use his CPF to pay (no grant at all) , and your 70k CPF alone dont think it's enough. Unless like what others suggest you are cash rich.(as below)

No offence to you, just answering your questions straight to the point and hopefully clear your doubts.

Pls click : How much EHG will you get?

-vinz

Last edited:
Reaction score
I assume you asking under SINGLE scheme.

Not sure how calculate to get a grant of 90k? (since u mention you need to pay 30k only for a 120k bto)

BTO no first timer resale grant. Only EHG grant (from today onwards)

AHG + SHG = EHG now.

Previously AHG or SHG criteria is for applicant to be in full time employment 12 months prior to BTO application. Don't seems to have any notes on this for EHG but I suspect it to be the same.

If it is so, then an unemployed single can only use his CPF to pay (no grant at all) , and your 70k CPF alone dont think it's enough.

No offence to you, just answering your questions straight to the point and hopefully clear your doubts.

-vinz

Why jobless can’t buy?
Jobless but cash rich people can’t buy ar?
I should call HDB to clarify first since my crown prince taking PSLE this year,he’ll grow up very soon and once he marries in Uni can help him max out grant use

vinz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If got existing cash and CPF which can cover the full cost of flat price, whoever also can buy, Even Jobless person.

Threadstarter is asking whether grant + cpf possible to buy a BTO.

Of course possible as long this two figures cover the price of flat.

If jobless = no grant.
Then not possible for him unless he is cash rich, or cpf enough to cover price of flat.

The above is the same for everyone else.

Singlenotbui

Banned
Reaction score
If got existing cash and CPF which can cover the full cost of flat price, whoever also can buy, Even Jobless person.

If jobless = no grant.
Then not possible for him unless he is cash rich, or cpf enough to cover price of flat.

I think jobless = maximum grant.

Not jobless = no grant

This is what i am asking

Reaction score

If jobless = no grant.

so i mean who says jobless/student no grant de? I can't find that line at all. It's not a clear cut YES or NO from HDB website

i suppose HDB never consider the possiblity of cases like my crown prince who would get married in Uni and bear daddy pays all for his flat by cash:s8::s8:

SuperZ

Reaction score
Vinz, a question for you.

Suppose one purchases a flat with all cash. Upon selling the unit years later, does one have or be forced to put the sales proceed to CPF by HDB?

vinz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No.

Cpf refund only for your cpf used for existing unit.. If no Cpf used, no refund needed.

Do note all grants are from cpf board, so will need to be refunded into your cpf account once flat sold. (not return to government) . The refunded amount is yours to use for next house, or whatever purpose you can utilise it for.

Reaction score
No.

Cpf refund only for your cpf used for existing unit.. If no Cpf used, no refund needed.

Do note all grants are from cpf board, so will need to be refunded into your cpf account once flat sold. (not return to government) . The refunded amount is yours to use for next house, or whatever purpose you can utilise it for.

yar
quite straightforward
Uni student time get married max out grant buy resale 3rm,ask king daddy to pay cash for the remianing part
live in 5 yrs graduate work raise a kid,sell off to princess sister for the EXACT SAME PRICE to let her max out her grants.
return grant+accured interests into CPF OA move on to buy condo use own salary and wife salary get bank loan,very simple

The_Davis

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
also interested to know if jobless uni or poly student can get max grant

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Aint one of the qualifying condition for grant is one must be in consecutive for 12 months prior to application?

So they would still need 12 consecutive payslip in order to place the applicant into the relevant grouping for grant.

In short, no work for 12 straight months = no grant

Doesnt matter if you have 200k inside ur CPF(That would still allow you to purchase the flat but still no grant)..

For full time students , can have deferred income assessment.
https://www.hdb.gov.sg/cs/infoweb/residential/buying-a-flat/new/finance/deferred-income-assessment

Max grant probably no unless the job you get pays the both of you a combined income of under 1.5k at point of assessment which I think is 3 months prior to key collection for unfinished flat.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Aint one of the qualifying condition for grant is one must be in consecutive for 12 months prior to application?

So they would still need 12 consecutive payslip in order to place the applicant into the relevant grouping for grant.

In short, no work for 12 straight months = no grant

Doesnt matter if you have 200k inside ur CPF(That would still allow you to purchase the flat but still no grant)..

For full time students , can have deferred income assessment.
https://www.hdb.gov.sg/cs/infoweb/residential/buying-a-flat/new/finance/deferred-income-assessment

Max grant probably no unless the job you get pays the both of you a combined income of under 1.5k at point of assessment which I think is 3 months prior to key collection for unfinished flat.

Don’t want deferred income assessment
Want immediate income assessment for Uni students lar
Max out grant to buy over parents flat

kenzon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
TS go work mac d for 12 months then entitled to the grant liao lo ? idea? i come support u buy mac d from u :s13:

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Don’t want deferred income assessment
Want immediate income assessment for Uni students lar
Max out grant to buy over parents flat

Uni student no income assess what? No income = can't assess = 0 grant.

Why not you go join pap, become Lawrence replacement and change the policy?

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Which line says no income=no grant?:s22::s22:

It doesn't explicitly say no income no grant but they do say they need 12 months of payslip for grant assessment.

So if you're not working, where would your payslip be coming from?

They already change the regulation to allow students deferred income assessment for grant last year. It use to be assess at time of selection, have means have. No way to get it assess at a later time.

You can go argue with hdb until the cow come home but they will just reply you the same thing.

If you bother to read,

Employment

You and/ or your spouse/ fiancé(e) are employed at the time you submitted the flat application, and have been continuously employed for the 12 months prior^ to the flat application

^For young couples buying a flat, find out if you are eligible for the deferred income assessment

https://www.hdb.gov.sg/cs/infoweb/residential/buying-a-flat/new/first-timer-applicants

Sambuca78

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It doesn't explicitly say no income no grant but they do say they need 12 months of payslip for grant assessment.

So if you're not working, where would your payslip be coming from?

They already change the regulation to allow students deferred income assessment for grant last year. It use to be assess at time of selection, have means have. No way to get it assess at a later time.

You can go argue with hdb until the cow come home but they will just reply you the same thing.

Can ownself register sole proprietor and ownself pay minimum to ownself?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.