Apple Watch Series 5

chinnian

Reaction score
I order the 44mm space grey aluminium. I am most probably keeping the watch 3.

I'm upgrading for Series 3 38mm to Series 5 40mm. Trade in is only $70, and it costs $299 new. To make it more resellable, I could pay $99 for AppleCare+ replacement. Just like you, I'm probably keeping it as it's not worth a decent amount of money anymore.

Shutterfly

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm upgrading for Series 3 38mm to Series 5 40mm. Trade in is only $70, and it costs $299 new. To make it more resellable, I could pay $99 for AppleCare+ replacement. Just like you, I'm probably keeping it as it's not worth a decent amount of money anymore.

Keep it since I think multiple watches can link to same phone. When you go places that are more rough, like hiking, can bring the old one.

Shutterfly

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Everything inside the S5 is exactly the same
as S4. They just double the storage to 32GB and added always-on display and compass which truthfully, can be added through software update to S4. New cases for the S5 too.

S4 is already using LTPO screen so no difference with the S5. If you have the S4, you don’t have to upgrade.

Double the size for the same price?

babywoolf

Reaction score
So series 4 and series 5 only different is always on display. I presume those casing for series 4 should work on series 5 also. I currently using a series 3. Skip series 4 last year. It is time to get a series 5 with iphone 11 pro max

Shutterfly

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So series 4 and series 5 only different is always on display. I presume those casing for series 4 should work on series 5 also. I currently using a series 3. Skip series 4 last year. It is time to get a series 5 with iphone 11 pro max

Always on display, built in compass and twice the storage space.

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The titanium chio man. Thank god only $100 more ex than Stanless Steel models.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Everything inside the S5 is exactly the same
as S4. They just double the storage to 32GB and added always-on display and compass which truthfully, can be added through software update to S4. New cases for the S5 too.

S4 is already using LTPO screen so no difference with the S5. If you have the S4, you don’t have to upgrade.

Agree. I don't need the AOD, in fact I prefer it turned off to extend the longevity of the display. I also don't need compass as I don't use it at all and the extra 16GB of storage space is also a waste to me as I don't store photos in the watch and I use Apple Music and Spotify for music.

In fact Series 5 is only good for those who're using Series 3 and below. Series 4 users will find Series 5 redundant unless the AOD is very important.

Just comparing the Series 5 44mm SS case with Milanese loop, it's actually a bit cheaper than Series 4 at Apple's launch price.

bodohboy

Reaction score
Agree. I don't need the AOD, in fact I prefer it turned off to extend the longevity of the display. I also don't need compass as I don't use it at all and the extra 16GB of storage space is also a waste to me as I don't store photos in the watch and I use Apple Music and Spotify for music.

In fact Series 5 is only good for those who're using Series 3 and below. Series 4 users will find Series 5 redundant unless the AOD is very important.

Just comparing the Series 5 44mm SS case with Milanese loop, it's actually a bit cheaper than Series 4 at Apple's launch price.

This is due to the reduction in prices for some of the premium straps Apple provides. Am considering the 44mm Space Grey Aluminium with Gold Milanese Strap but not sure if it will look tacky anot.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This is due to the reduction in prices for some of the premium straps Apple provides. Am considering the 44mm Space Grey Aluminium with Gold Milanese Strap but not sure if it will look tacky anot.

Well Yes actually reduced quite a lot. Previously $229 for Milanese loop but $149 now. Sport band also at $69 now, previously $79.

You can try the Apple Watch Studio at Apple's website to mix and match to see how it'll look, then it'll give you a bigger picture.

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Lol bruh... please don’t try that combo. Never!

crobin

Reaction score
I ordered Series 5 Edition Titanium version for me and wife. Looking forward to the AOD ..

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The thing about all these new colours is that Apple has yet again fail to have the strap metal clasp in the same colour as the watch body. Except for a few.

bodohboy

Reaction score
Well Yes actually reduced quite a lot. Previously $229 for Milanese loop but $149 now. Sport band also at $69 now, previously $79.

You can try the Apple Watch Studio at Apple's website to mix and match to see how it'll look, then it'll give you a bigger picture.

Thanks for the tip bro, just tried it out and it looks kinda wack with that combo. Maybe need to see it in person to judge.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.