SONOS Beam

8je2xEF.jpg

RAgX3lF.jpg

r8Y6uK2.jpg

Last edited:

koroshiya8

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Decided to finally throw in the money to replace by DS415play with DS218. 2 bay is enough.

C965q2D.jpg

RYKNzBz.jpg

miketkf

Reaction score
2qs88kg.jpg

My humble hoot for August is Creative Stage 2.1 High Performance Under-monitor Soundbar with Subwoofer for TV, Computers, and Ultrawide Monitors

koroshiya8

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hows the sonos beam for desktop use? been thinking of getting either that or the small bose soundbar to replace my katana

sound wise VERY impressive for both games and music. The bass is amazing and is more than enough considering we sit near the desktop. Don't waste time on Katana as i have it before and sound wise is heaven and earth apart. You can test it at Courts or Harvey norman, it's totally different class from katana. I remember Katana having thin sound while the Bean is super rich and emersive.

Cons:
1. need to have wifi connection and a lot of controls is via your phone or tablet.
2. Need a bit of work to connect the bar to either Alexa or Google assistant. i managed to get it to work, so you can ask me if u really getting it. It's fun every morning asking it to play radio just by talking to it.

harharhar

Reaction score
sound wise VERY impressive for both games and music. The bass is amazing and is more than enough considering we sit near the desktop. Don't waste time on Katana as i have it before and sound wise is heaven and earth apart. You can test it at Courts or Harvey norman, it's totally different class from katana. I remember Katana having thin sound while the Bean is super rich and emersive.

Cons:
1. need to have wifi connection and a lot of controls is via your phone or tablet.
2. Need a bit of work to connect the bar to either Alexa or Google assistant. i managed to get it to work, so you can ask me if u really getting it. It's fun every morning asking it to play radio just by talking to it.

Can you share how you connect it to the PC? I am considering it too, but can't think of a neat way to connect it to my PC...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.