The bears den

peterchan75

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My suppliers have started to complain manufacturing in China is no longer as good as before. Cheaper yes, but not attractive. Why don't foxconn base their production in Taiwan I'm not sure, suspect its the human rights issues? Vietnam is now a hot favorite.

And God help Hongkong. I really wonder when the HKD will be replaced by the RMB. 5 years? 10 years? 2047? It is inevitable. *Snap* *Poof*

China is still cheaper as compare to Taiwan in terms of manufacturing cost.

peipei1

Reaction score
EIMIed_zpscmyss0o2.jpg

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/96057184-post249.html

I was also around in August 2015 and even got the screenshot =:p

This is during trading hours, there was NO OFFER PRICE as market makers had shut down.

Hey limster, have you been adding to your holdings? Iwda has been hitting higher lows, it doesn't seem like we can enter below 55.

2015 forums sentiments read just as bad as now yet market blew upwards once things calmed down....

The market thrives on low interest rates absence of any black swan, so far..

limster

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey limster, have you been adding to your holdings? Iwda has been hitting higher lows, it doesn't seem like we can enter below 55.

2015 forums sentiments read just as bad as now yet market blew upwards once things calmed down....

The market thrives on low interest rates absence of any black swan, so far..

I have 3 strategies:
(1) Use up part of free cash flow to buy, rest to warchest
(2) Use all of free cash flow, don't touch warchest
(3) Use up free cash flow, and draw down warchest

Currently I'm using strategy (2). Warchest remains intact, but using up my free cash flow to buy. In uncertainty, ETF may be better buy than individual stock picks.

DukeCS33

Reaction score
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/10/a-sudden-transformation-in-the-stock-market-unnerved-investors.html

Its on the news - there has been some good rotation play making its rounds recently. I have seen some nasty sell offs in some big names ("traditionally safe names" such as MCD and CME) And strangely enough, my momentum screeners are showing up a lot of opportunities - both longs and shorts and the hit rates for these counters have been 80+% Each day I get some 40 counters being shortlisted. I would take 10 of what I deemed as most ideal - but looking back at the performance of those I did not take, the hit rate has also been very high - about 70%. Those that fell off were not loss making but just did not hit their intraday profit targets. Traditional swing trades are just not performing while the momentum shorts are those that have been outperforming recently.

On the macro side, the SP futures has been hugging the 2980 mark and everytime we get some sell offs, it managed to recover. So there appears to be some support and absorption going on...we may yet see another push to the topside to test the all time highs.

Trader11

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not everyone is like Duke to reason out why the market is behaving as such on a daily basis. :s13:

Just follow this simple strategy.

Sell or hold when the market is up.

Add progressively when market is down.

If you have a monthly investment plan, then just stick to it.

Buy when things are cheap (as defined by your system). Don't go dollar averaging.

Reaction score
So this is the first time I see institutional money move from growth to value. What usually happens after? Growth stocks continue to tank? Or will they recover..

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.