Looking for a female travel companion to travel Italy for 10 days

Debuantu

Reaction score
Hi I'm a female in early 30s, single and love travelling. Currently looking for a female travel companion for Italy trip. Chinese. Preferred to conversate in Chinese as well. Interested pls PM. Thank you.

Travelling period: 1 to 10 May 2020

Rome 2D
Florence 2D
Venice 2D
Milan 2D
Extra 1.5days can be allocated to any of the cities above.

dilphinus

Banned
Reaction score
Hi I'm a female in early 30s, single and love travelling. Currently looking for a female travel companion for Italy trip. Chinese. Preferred to conversate in Chinese as well. Interested pls PM. Thank you.

Travelling period: 1 to 10 May 2020

Rome 2D
Florence 2D
Venice 2D
Milan 2D
Extra 1.5days can be allocated to any of the cities above.

2D each :s22:

You planning to revisit these cities again?

dilphinus

Banned
Reaction score
No la. At least 2 full days and 2 nights for each city.
Still have 1.5 days extra to allocate to any of the cities.

You need at least 5 full days for Rome. Add your extra 1.5 days also insufficient. How about travel time between the cities?

Have you looked at what are the sights and things you want to do in each city and how much time that will take?

Last edited:

Debuantu

Reaction score
You need at least 5 full days for Rome. Add your extra 1.5 days also insufficient. How about travel time between the cities?

Have you looked at what are the sights and things you want to do in each city and how much time that will take?

Not my first time traveling between European cities.

Travelling between cities shouldn't take much time since I'm travelling from South to North. I have seen travel agents offering 10D travel package to Italy covering these cities as well so should be doable. 5D for Rome is too many 2/3D should be able to cover most of the famous sites.

Last edited:

winningeleven

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Only been to Florence and Rome during my visit to Italy. If u intend to visit pisa from Florence. Then It is another at least half day trip. Do note that Italy train timing travel not be punctual like Swiss or even Germany standard.

Debuantu

Reaction score
Only been to Florence and Rome during my visit to Italy. If u intend to visit pisa from Florence. Then It is another at least half day trip. Do note that Italy train timing travel not be punctual like Swiss or even Germany standard.

Yes but then the time taken to travel between cities by train is around or less than two hrs.

Simple Google search can easily find itineraries that cover these cities in 10D.

Debuantu

Reaction score
Directly flight arriving Rome & departing Milan or vise versa is currently costing at S$1.2k.

dilphinus

Banned
Reaction score
Yes but then the time taken to travel between cities by train is around or less than two hrs.

Simple Google search can easily find itineraries that cover these cities in 10D.

Rome to Milan is 3 hours. Plus the time to travel to the train station and wait. You aren't familiar with the area/train station and you'll have to arrive at least 1/2 an hour earlier to find the platform, etc. That's already half a day gone for travel.

Those cities you have listed can be done in 10 days or less, of cos. You can spend a day and not see/do much. That's why I'm asking if you are planning to return to these cities again. You won't be going to the Vatican City? That will take at least a day. The Colosseum will take half a day. Of cos you can do the Colosseum in an hour but what's the point?

Debuantu

Reaction score
Rome to Milan is 3 hours. Plus the time to travel to the train station and wait. You aren't familiar with the area/train station and you'll have to arrive at least 1/2 an hour earlier to find the platform, etc. That's already half a day gone for travel.

Those cities you have listed can be done in 10 days or less, of cos. You can spend a day and not see/do much. That's why I'm asking if you are planning to return to these cities again. You won't be going to the Vatican City? That will take at least a day. The Colosseum will take half a day. Of cos you can do the Colosseum in an hour but what's the point?

So 10D is doable. Rome to Florence to Venice and to Milan. Not Rome to Milan straight la. Not a young girl with no travel experience. I have been to several European cities and managed to spend quality time at major sites.

10D is for those who don't have the luxury of time. I'm a working adult with busy schedules.

Last edited:

dilphinus

Banned
Reaction score
So 10D is doable. Rome to Florence to Venice and to Milan. Not Rome to Milan straight la. Not a young girl with no travel experience. I have been to several European cities and managed to spend quality time at major sites.

10D is for those who don't have the luxury of time. I'm a working adult with busy schedules.

Not my first time traveling between European cities.

Travelling between cities shouldn't take much time since I'm travelling from South to North. I have seen travel agents offering 10D travel package to Italy covering these cities as well so should be doable. 5D for Rome is too many 2/3D should be able to cover most of the famous sites.

The reasons why tour agencies can 'squeeze' so much in 10 days is becos they have coaches that take you from point to point and they bring you to the attractions just to take photos and say you've been there. You don't 'waste' time navigating and taking public transport. That also means, you don't get to drop into a cafe to get a coffee, or pop into a shop that might have caught your attention, etc.

Well, it's your trip and your call. You have to let those who might be interested in joining you know what kind of a traveller you are, etc. Everyone's idea of a holiday might be different. Some might like it at a more leisure pace.

With such a busy schedule, there's also the option of doing lesser cities in 10 days.

Last edited:

Debuantu

Reaction score
The reasons why tour agencies can 'squeeze' so much in 10 days is becos they have coaches that take you from point to point and they bring you to the attractions just to take photos and say you've been there. You don't 'waste' time navigating and taking public transport. That also means, you don't get to drop into a cafe to get a coffee, or pop into a shop that might have caught your attention, etc.

Well, it's your trip and your call. You have to let those who might be interested in joining you know what kind of a traveller you are, etc. Everyone's idea of a holiday might be different. Some might like it at a more leisure pace.

With such a busy schedule, there's also the option of doing lesser cities in 10 days.

I am well aware of the travelling style of tour agencies and again 10D is doable without the rush and need to visit all tourist sites like most tour groups do. I based on my past exp of travelling European cities which was never a rush.

dilphinus

Banned
Reaction score
I am well aware of the travelling style of tour agencies and again 10D is doable without the rush and need to visit all tourist sites like most tour groups do. I based on my past exp of travelling European cities which was never a rush.

Can share which European cities you have been to?

Btw, visiting Heidelberg is not like visiting Rome. Likewise, visiting London is not like visiting Cambridge.

I'm not trying to change your way of travel. You can do whatever you like. Just sharing my experience with Rome. I was in Rome for 4 days and I wished I had more time. I did Florence and Pisa too.

Last edited:

Debuantu

Reaction score
Can share which European cities you have been to?

Btw, visiting Heidelberg is not like visiting Rome. Likewise, visiting London is not like visiting Cambridge.

I'm not trying to change your way of travel. You can do whatever you like. Just sharing my experience with Rome. I was in Rome for 4 days and I wished I had more time. I did Florence and Pisa too.

My recent trip to Europe was during the Spring season

Overnight direct flight to Amsterdam. 2.5D Amsterdam (including Lisse). Day 1 City area, Day 2 – Visited wind mills and tulip fields. Next day took an early morning flight and reached London at 7.30am.
2D London city.
Train departed London before sunrise and arrived Paris at 8am.
4D Paris & Strasbourg. Day 1 – City area (Eiffel Tower, Louvre, Arc of Triumph, Notre Dame Cathedral & etc. they are all nearby) Day 2 – Montmartre, Day 3 Palace of Versailles. Cruised Seine river during sunset - Day 4 Strasburg. Next day early morning took a train from Strasbourg to Swiss.
4D Interlaken (including Jungfraujoch), Zermatt, Lucerne. Directly flight from Zurich to Sg at night.

Travelled light and locked bags at stations before Airbnb check in time. All accommodations were within walking distance from metro/train stations.

Started each day early in the morning and went back to accommodation at around 9pm sunset time.

70niner

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

I stayed 4N in Rome and 3N in Florence. Pretty doable to cover the main sights....

winningeleven

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My recent trip to Europe was during the Spring season

Overnight direct flight to Amsterdam. 2.5D Amsterdam (including Lisse). Day 1 City area, Day 2 – Visited wind mills and tulip fields. Next day took an early morning flight and reached London at 7.30am.
2D London city.
Train departed London before sunrise and arrived Paris at 8am.
4D Paris & Strasbourg. Day 1 – City area (Eiffel Tower, Louvre, Arc of Triumph, Notre Dame Cathedral & etc. they are all nearby) Day 2 – Montmartre, Day 3 Palace of Versailles. Cruised Seine river during sunset - Day 4 Strasburg. Next day early morning took a train from Strasbourg to Swiss.
4D Interlaken (including Jungfraujoch), Zermatt, Lucerne. Directly flight from Zurich to Sg at night.

Travelled light and locked bags at stations before Airbnb check in time. All accommodations were within walking distance from metro/train stations.

Started each day early in the morning and went back to accommodation at around 9pm sunset time.

Wow. Your 1 day visit to Paris City was fully loaded. I have visited the attractions u mentioned but definitely not in a day.

My only regret in Paris was not allocating a full day when visit the lourve. It is one of the best museums in the world and offer more than mona Lisa. I know many just went it and that and left.. I spend half day there and still unable to explore finish. Although I understand some might bored after looking at the painting. I have 2 friends who went to Paris thru package tours and both told me the tour guide just bought them to the pyramid outside and that it. That why who ever want to visit Paris. I always recommend a full day for lourve. Same as Vatican city.

Debuantu

Reaction score
Wow. Your 1 day visit to Paris City was fully loaded. I have visited the attractions u mentioned but definitely not in a day.

My only regret in Paris was not allocating a full day when visit the lourve. It is one of the best museums in the world and offer more than mona Lisa. I know many just went it and that and left.. I spend half day there and still unable to explore finish. Although I understand some might bored after looking at the painting. I have 2 friends who went to Paris thru package tours and both told me the tour guide just bought them to the pyramid outside and that it. That why who ever want to visit Paris. I always recommend a full day for lourve. Same as Vatican city.

Visiting Louvre for a full day is your preference and to me it will be too much. We spent 3 hrs inside looking at the paintings especially at those that are well known and spent about 2 hrs picnicking at the Tuileries garden which is just next to it.

Day time is really long during spring and summer.

Last edited:

cheers

Reaction score
Milan and Venice doable for 2D.

Maybe you Shd consider squeeze Cinque Terre in your Florence. That is Florence -> CT -> Florence. Check if the hotel allow u to leave luggage as u be coming back. Not advisable to bring big luggage to CT. One of the mistake

did Italy in Aug to the place that you intend with the same flow.

ksapple

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nice amazing race style.

But fun meh?

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.