IpadOS public beta is out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SyraLeo

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone tried using a USB C hard drive or thumb drive on the ipad OS?

I want to buy a USB C thumb drive or HDD to use with ipad OS but i'm not sure about compatibility.

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone tried using a USB C hard drive or thumb drive on the ipad OS?

I want to buy a USB C thumb drive or HDD to use with ipad OS but i'm not sure about compatibility.

I would say almost all the flash drive, SSD or HDD will work in iPadOS.

foxriver

Reaction score
Downloaded onto my iPad Pro, bought a cheap Bluetooth mouse on-line. Voila, works superb! Now I can use mouse with my iPad Pro lol, it’s fun. :s12:

Is the mouse function that useful? Idk i still prefer using finger to navigate leh :s13:

SyraLeo

Master Member
Reaction score
I would say almost all the flash drive, SSD or HDD will work in iPadOS.

Tested the usb c sandisk dual drive 128gb, works fine.

Bought a dongle at funan, some random china brand for 33 bucks. 2 USB A, sd and mini sd card slot and usb C, also works.

JudeBox

Reaction score
hi all. has anyone here updated to the ipados beta from iPad mini or air? would like to check if it supports portable hard drive? (there are many reviews on the iPad Pro being able to support but nothing I can find on the iPad mini/air given that its not USB C)

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi all. has anyone here updated to the ipados beta from iPad mini or air? would like to check if it supports portable hard drive? (there are many reviews on the iPad Pro being able to support but nothing I can find on the iPad mini/air given that its not USB C)

You can but you’ll need an adapter like the lightning to USB camera adapter.

JudeBox

Reaction score
You can but you’ll need an adapter like the lightning to USB camera adapter.

thanks! so with the lightning to usb camera adapter both the iPad mini and air (assuming latest generation) is able to power a portable hard drive?

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks! so with the lightning to usb camera adapter both the iPad mini and air (assuming latest generation) is able to power a portable hard drive?

To power a portable HDD, it will depends on model and casing.

Errz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i'm currently on the latest iPadOS beta. by removing the beta profile, will i get the update when official 13.1 release?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.