New EC at Sumang Walk

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
Game of musical chairs. Buyers only need to accept the pricing if they are very sold by the idea of condo living and yearn heavily to it.

There are a few thousand people who are displaced by enbloc sales. They are price insensitive and have contributed to thousands of sales at the "new" prices.

I would imagine a different market today, if there were no enbloc sales and all land were sold through government land sales. Without the thousands of enbloc millionaires, will the market be as "good" as it is today?

Demand for condo living is always there. People just have to sacrifice more now to fulfil their desire to stay in condo. The enbloc millionaires are the sole winners.

Merg91

Master Member
Reaction score
By now I assume almost all successfully enbloc owners should have gotten their new homes.
The PC market will then be going downhills from
now onwards.

Merg91

Master Member
Reaction score
But some say the new sale buyers are mostly enbloc people.
Condo living is nothing new for them or even PC & EC people.

The only condo - yearning people must be hdb people.

Buyers only need to accept the pricing if they are very sold by the idea of condo living and yearn heavily to it.

momoeagle

Master Member
Reaction score
But some say the new sale buyers are mostly enbloc people.
Condo living is nothing new for them or even PC & EC people.

The only condo - yearning people must be hdb people.
Not sure about your weird logic (again).

If en bloc people don't yearn for condo living, why would they buy one to stay again?

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
By now I assume almost all successfully enbloc owners should have gotten their new homes.
The PC market will then be going downhills from
now onwards.

It will just remain stagnant for the next few years. The new prices set by the developers have became the "norm" because of huge initial support from en bloc millionaires.

You cannot deny that there will be a few thousand less units sold and lower prices if not for en bloc millionaires. Those non- enbloc millionaires are the ones to suffer.

These few weeks have support from Hong Kong crisis, but once thats settled, less funds inflow in singapore

Last edited:

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score

"There were no would-be buyers yesterday afternoon when The Straits Times visited the showroom for Piermont Grand in Punggol - the only EC launched this year.

"It's still early days. I'm hopeful for the weekend when more people have heard about the news and are not working," said OrangeTee & Tie property agent Andrew Yew."

Pray for agent Andrew Yew. HE has been camping at piermont whole day ytd.

pippo20

Master Member
Reaction score
Alot of EC plots coming lah but don't expect v ideal location. Sengkang, sembawang, yishun, woodlands, bukit panjang, simei, punggol and of cos tengah are the next new plots. MND now v boeng.

captain huat

Master Member
Reaction score

"There were no would-be buyers yesterday afternoon when The Straits Times visited the showroom for Piermont Grand in Punggol - the only EC launched this year.

"It's still early days. I'm hopeful for the weekend when more people have heard about the news and are not working," said OrangeTee & Tie property agent Andrew Yew."

https://www.straitstimes.com/singap...-of-changes-that-raise-grants-for-flat-buyers

how come have conflicting reports from ST.

why ar?

Kingsmen

Reaction score
Alot of EC plots coming lah but don't expect v ideal location. Sengkang, sembawang, yishun, woodlands, bukit panjang, simei, punggol and of cos tengah are the next new plots. MND now v boeng.

Where you got the information?

sgpropertyblog

Reaction score
No problem. Btw, we have fresh funds for investment, looking for highest yielding 1 or 2 bedder. Cash settlement. Any recommendations mdm? We are looking for highest rental yield, does not matter where the project is. Resale is also possible but not more than 15yo.

hiya...highest rental yield ar? TBH, HDB rental yield outbeat any condo, so in terms of highest rental yield, would be HDB.. . current market, condo's rental yield is approx. 3-4% .. most of the project would be able to give you 3-4%( unless the location is super jialat), the question is, which one is easier and faster to rent out ..

you can consider next upcoming Integrated Development at Buangkok.. launching in OCT.. we have 1+Study to 4 bdrms unit types..

sgpropertyblog

Reaction score
If they increase price, doesn't mean people must buy.

Then again, society is weird. When competition for business came over and tried a price war, I increase my fees by 20%. And got more customers instead.

Human psychology is tough.

yes, of cos... definitely no one must buy a certain product, may it be EC or PC.. but eventually, all these will be fully sold.. ultimately, someone will buy..

*with the exception of luxury segment

sgpropertyblog

Reaction score

I don't know what time did the reporter went down to the showflat yesterday, but I was there from 3-6pm and there were at least about 6-8 groups of buyers at any one point.. I, myself already have 2 appointments there yesterday..

1993newbie

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
One of my colleague went to PG showflat yesterday as well. After much calculation , he was swayed by agent to go for PC instead. He will be viewing Florence & Treasure over this weekend.

The Agent advice him to sell his depreciating Punggol flat ASAP and buy a new launch PC instead. Agent advice that during construction rent out somewhere. No wonder we see a high number of transaction for PC after the launch of PG. hmmm

I Guess many interested in upgrading to EC was swayed to buy a PC instead. I advice him to do his due deligence and calculations properly. His kids are still in primary school. Due to his age, mortgage will be an issue too.

Instilling FOMO mentality to HDB upgraders, I reinterate to him to do his homework and not blindly follow advice.

He also shared that one his neighbour bought riverfront during the CM
Night but till now can’t sell their Punggol unit.

Last edited:

annetyu

Banned
Reaction score
hiya...highest rental yield ar? TBH, HDB rental yield outbeat any condo, so in terms of highest rental yield, would be HDB.. . current market, condo's rental yield is approx. 3-4% .. most of the project would be able to give you 3-4%( unless the location is super jialat), the question is, which one is easier and faster to rent out ..

you can consider next upcoming Integrated Development at Buangkok.. launching in OCT.. we have 1+Study to 4 bdrms unit types..

Where are the tenants pool going to come from for this buangkok condo. At $1600psf for such location, I'm sure you can find me better yields elsewhere?

flame2000

Banned
Reaction score
One of my colleague went to PG showflat yesterday as well. After much calculation , he was swayed by agent to go for PC instead. He will be viewing Florence & Treasure over this weekend.

The Agent advice him to sell his depreciating Punggol flat ASAP and buy a new launch PC instead. Agent advice that during construction rent out somewhere. No wonder we see a high number of transaction for PC after the launch of PG. hmmm

I Guess many interested in upgrading to EC was swayed to buy a PC instead. I advice him to do his due deligence and calculations properly. His kids are still in primary school. Due to his age, mortgage will be an issue too.

Instilling FOMO mentality to HDB upgraders, I reinterate to him to do his homework and not blindly follow advice.

When I bought my EC, my agent told me a lot of people wanna buy EC but because of the numerous conditions that they dont meet, so many cannot buy. EC is like HDB, there are too many restrictions unlike PC.

momoeagle

Master Member
Reaction score

Punggol units not easy to sell. With so many new BTO and new launches coming up, only people who don't qualify for those BTOs will want to consider resale at that area.

Not impossible but not easy. Same for condos in the Punggol area too. Punggol Digital district also means many more launches coming up there, making current units tougher to sell while there are still new launches.

It was another consideration for me not to have gone for Sumang, even though I'm really looking for a bigger unit to self stay, to the point of considering a terrace, maybe strata titled one, as well.

momoeagle

Master Member
Reaction score

FOMO at work. If not for the marketing courses I went last time, I probably would have been super sold by the psychology used.

It was actually very educational and enriching to talk to property agents who are much more well trained and had more practice than me.

Clazav

Reaction score
Possible, there are many bto launched every 3 months. If hdb launched a good number of well located bto.

So in your opinion, because there are many many more HDBs around, it will be able to draw the crowd from EC over?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.